Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: BookBinder Punishment

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    Hmmmm...

You are assuming that the local software does nothing and that *every* interaction with the game (i.e opening a building, selecting with sliders etc...) is a server call - I doubt that. I would think it more likely the only server call is made when you click the ok button, whereupon your local Flash sends the relevant info to the server.

I'm not a programmer so I'd happily stand corrected, but it seems the most efficient way to me.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Sadly, Flash isn't "efficient".
    Your own comp is forever trying to sync what it's doing with the servers, and every action just adds to the calls to confirm. Using your opening a building quote as an example, your comp hasn't stored the stocks of goods in store. No, it has to call up the server's database to get that info, every item you produce/gather/whatever, similarly then has to update the server again and again.
    You can easily see the results when your comp is left to its own devices, it will completely play out the battle animation for a blocked camp, even though due to lag, the main camp is still appearing to be fighting, and when the lag catches up, the battle never actually took place.
    The same with 'kangaroo' generals, your comp believes them to be in 1 location, a server call is made, and they jump to where they should be, etc...
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Norway - Birthland of giants......and trolls.
    World
    Newfoundland
    Lag is one thing, but let's get back to the fact here, that if cost keep rising the way it does, nobody will be able to produce a codex anymore. Not virtually, but actually literally will not be able to. Seriously? Have no one noticed that yet? I guess that's why pyramid schemes still works. I'm actually a bit shocked that this is not the biggest issue people have with the bookbinders.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Saraptheold View Post
    Lag is one thing, but let's get back to the fact here, that if cost keep rising the way it does, nobody will be able to produce a codex anymore. Not virtually, but actually literally will not be able to. Seriously? Have no one noticed that yet? I guess that's why pyramid schemes still works. I'm actually a bit shocked that this is not the biggest issue people have with the bookbinders.
    If you had bothered to look into the subject here on the forums you would know the costs are capped and not ever rising.

Norway - Birthland of giants......and trolls.
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    If you had bothered to look into the subject here on the forums you would know the costs are capped and not ever rising.
    Yes you are right about that. My bad.

Edit: Still it will eventually take a minimum of 5 full days to produce a codex in a fully upgraded constantly buffed bookbinder.
    Last edited by Saraptheold; 09.10.13 at 21:01.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Not read all comments, just stating that currently I HATE the fact it takes me 3 manuscripts to make 1 tome! grrrrrrrrrrrr

World
    Newfoundland
    wait i little its supposed to go up to 5..

Reply to Thread