Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BookBinder Punishment

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland

BookBinder Punishment

Is it just me or does anyone else feel that the more you invest in the game the more you get punished?

Book costs goes up? What a barkingly stupid idea.

Everyone invests TIME in the game from a little bit too a great deal, so the more time i do invest in the game the more the books are going to hit me for resources and production time.

Even if you just buy the normal amount of Geo's, Explorers and Generals from the tavern the books are going to start and get expensive, god forbid if you start investing gems in the game and get extra Geo's, Explorers and Generals!

Come on BB, have a rethink on this one, as you have got the buisness plan on this one the wrong way around.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    add the upgrade to level 5 costs as well just to make the books, the buffs need to be worked out over the 24 hours as you cant make them so log in late or early
    each part of the book goes up must be hard for the lower levels to keep it running i have 3 geo's that stay at home and fast explores are not getting done for a long time and the cost of the books for generals when they come yes davey costs are to high. times to long and why cant we make glue.
    there's a chance of a building or 2 to make glue bb that would help
    i am now just making manuscripts only and keep in store

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    Wish they added a gluebookbinder buff in the collectibles series.

The new collectibles can make x3 buff for barracks, they need to make one for the x3 buff for book binder.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    needs a queue system like provo house or barracks

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Yes bookbinder is way too limiting, adding a queue will ease the pain a bit. Still upgrading everything will take years at the current rate and there are new science trees yet to come.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Most players will log in before/after work etc. upgrading these building to give you less build time gives you nothing as you still log in at the same time each day. waste of resources to upgrade

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Looking at the new collectable buff production, it's the same as book production. Effectively BB have said we are sticking with the new disliked system despite it's obvious lag inducing drawbacks.

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    "lag inducing drawbacks"

How does it add to lag? just curious

Norway - Birthland of giants......and trolls.
    World
    Newfoundland
    It's not the cost in material that I think is the problem, but time. I hear some has to produce 3 manuscripts to produce 1 tome and 2 tomes to produce 1 codex. That is 6 times 6 hours plus 2 times 7 hours+ plus 8 hours+ to produce one codex in a fully upgraded constantly buffed bookbinder. That's more 2 days and 10 hours at full speed. Yes this game is slow, but not this slow and as people has pointed out we haven't even really fully started on the explorers yet. And the prices will get higher. As far as I'm concerned, the prices for each book can rise resource wise, but please reduce the production time. More paper, nibs, types, fittings and even gold cost for each book, but having to pay more and more books for each level is quite stupid. Either the developers haven't heard about Brahmin Sessa and his payment in rice grains or they think that all of us players never has. The math is very simple and people have been aware of it for thousands of years. Double something a very few times and the number becomes so large that it is ridicoulos.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_B View Post
    "lag inducing drawbacks"

How does it add to lag? just curious
    Every extra mouse click we do is a extra server call, if it takes 2 clicks to do something which can can be done as 1 click thats double the number of server calls, means server is twice as busy so can only handle 50% of the traffic. Each individual click might only take a split second but when you have tens of thousands of them it soon adds up and the server can't keep pace with the demands the players are putting on it, this is lag.

Reply to Thread