Reply to Thread

Thread: New black market expert: "rationalist"

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland

New black market expert: "rationalist"

The new expert is very good at making things efficient. Therefore he is able to cram 500 troops on a boat that is sailing to adventure. This is no problem in theory if food is dispersed in correct rations, and people sit still. The problem only comes when it is to be effectuated: People steal food and move around, especially in bad weather, so there is a chance for loosing troop .. up to 250 actually (but can be 0 if you're lucky) ... There is even a 1% chance that the boat can sink due to bad wheather. If the boat sink, you'll loose both the general and the rationalist.... and good riddense .. that rationalist must have been an idiot!!!

The rationalist cannot cost more than 1000 gems.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Too many random elements and the function is overshadowed by the Quartermaster.
    Check out my collection of suggestions to ease up the game. Please do provide me with your feedback in regards of it.

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    wouldnt buy a general that had a risk of losing troops also..

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Erikber View Post
    Too many random elements and the function is overshadowed by the Quartermaster.
    True .. Very true... but have you seen the price for a quartermaster !!!! OUCH ... Admidded I was bored and wanted to have fun, so I made the suggestion, but somehow I like it. You get a cheap way to transport troop instead of shuffeling generals back and forth, even though it can be with a penalty. Now for high level players this will be way too expensive due to the risc, but for a low level player it is affordable, even with the extra cost.

Basically it is a question where you put the cost: At the purchase (Quartermaster) or when transporting troops (Rationalist)..... Btw if you can find a better name .. it would be nice )
    Last edited by KarstenL; 26.09.13 at 20:00.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by PChamps View Post
    wouldnt buy a general that had a risk of losing troops also..
    His not a general, that's the point. His like the quartermaster, just cheeper ... and with some extra riscs.

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Whatever he is I would not risk buying something that transports my troops that has a risk of losing them. Low level playes dont do that many adventures in a day so transporting lots of troops at once is not a priority.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by PChamps View Post
    Whatever he is I would not risk buying something that transports my troops that has a risk of losing them. Low level playes dont do that many adventures in a day so transporting lots of troops at once is not a priority.
    well I'm level 42, and not even close to owning 20.000 magic beans, so I wouldn't mind a cheaper option, which might cost me a little extra troops, but will get them here faster

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by KarstenL View Post
    well I'm level 42, and not even close to owning 20.000 magic beans, so I wouldn't mind a cheaper option, which might cost me a little extra troops, but will get them here faster
    Belive me, after loosing 200++ troops a couple of times you would hate this "rationalist" of yours. A very very bad idea......

World
    Sandycove
    Don't like this idea at all sorry just wait until you can get a Quartermaster General to transport troops or do when most of us do keep sending troops back and forth in your generals then start the adventure until you can afford a QM

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Just dreading the day he goes missing with the 800 troops because of a server zone lockout. 200 was bad enough.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Reply to Thread