Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bookbinder - remove the limit of one per person

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle

Bookbinder - remove the limit of one per person

There are a lot of rants and raves (mostly rants) about the bookbinder; lack of queue, escalating book costs, strange production times of support buildings etc.

I'm thinking that, rather than fixing all those issues, they could keep those quirks and just remove the limit from that building instead. Let the players decide for themselves how many they wanted to build.

One or more extra bookbinders would need extra support buildings and therefore economies would need to be balanced to accommodate each new bookbinder.

It would even be feasible to add a limited 3 deed versions to gem store... people could save a licence by using one, or just top up their number of them with gem bought ones.
    Last edited by Tripi; 26.09.13 at 18:05.
    "Your general was a tortoise!" ... "He will now amble back to his garrison as slow as his short reptilian legs will manage"

World
    Sandycove
    lack of space on my island wouldn't help me, nice idea tho..

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    Sorry. I don't want to build another building for this.

They should reduce the cost consumption. Currently it seems like the TOME is the biggest bottleneck of the whole entire process.

If they change it to be TOMES consume only 1 manuscript at all times. That is good start in fixing the problem. I don't mind the other resources going up in cost (with some cap limit) but tomes is just a big problem right now.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPope View Post
    They should reduce the cost consumption.
    We all want that, unfortunately that will never ever happen.

Amending it after it has been live for so long would mean refunding all surplus costs already paid or deal with a huge amount of complaints.

We all know BB will choose simply not to amend it now, so my suggestion circumvents that and offers a pseudo-solution.
    "Your general was a tortoise!" ... "He will now amble back to his garrison as slow as his short reptilian legs will manage"

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripi View Post
    We all want that, unfortunately that will never ever happen.

Amending it after it has been live for so long would mean refunding all surplus costs already paid or deal with a huge amount of complaints.

We all know BB will choose simply not to amend it now, so my suggestion circumvents that and offers a pseudo-solution.
    refunding surplus is not that hard. they could just easily mail out manuscripts to everybody like they did with star coins and gems based on 'game adjustments'.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    It does seem rather rediculous to have scaling costs for an already arduous proccess.

World
    Newfoundland
    This game needs another Book Binder (or a faster one) and another Barracks
    BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA
    Noun (bah, yah)
    Extreme articulation of both negative and positive exuberance

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPope View Post
    refunding surplus is not that hard. they could just easily mail out manuscripts to everybody like they did with star coins and gems based on 'game adjustments'.
    I agree, not that hard at all, just count the books and calculate how many extra manu or tome were created per player.
    They do though seem loathe to target those tasks that need some actual work (fixing island lockout properly, barrack/ph stack sizes etc).

As to having additional barracks (or extra provision houses), errgggh I shudder at the extra work that might require from me

World
    Sandycove
    We don't need another building we just need to be able to queue stuff up like barracks and PH to be fair i think

and at moment my tomes are 3 manuscripts and my codex's are 2 tomes but im just plodding on with them slowly

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    just don't do it i have stopped when i found about the rise in cost.. just another thing not worth doing :-(

Reply to Thread