Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quests XP not awarding Star Coins.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle

Quests XP not awarding Star Coins.

There are a lot of players who have reached 50 who never turned in their quests before the (initial introduction of star coins), still have quests that gives XP. There will also be players reaching 50 in the future that will have quests in their logs that gives XP.

To me this is a BUG. Quests XP needs to award Star Coins. Currently they do not.

There are many quests prior to level 50 that players get that can't finish or don't finish. (also side quests).
    Sophisticated Pillager is an explorer skill that gives Adventure Quests that awards Quest XP if you complete the adventure.
    I'm sure also, level 50 players doing the Fairy Tale quest chains are wondering about their 1000 quest XPs.
    Adventure Maps such as LOST SKULL and TROPICAL ISLAND, awards quest XP along the adventure when you complete certain tasks.

All these Quest XP do add up significantly. And they need to award Star Coins.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I agree, but I wouldn't call it a bug unless they have actually implemented the code that transforms all XP after lvl 50 to star coins, which I don't think they have (it's hard to tell without a complete list of fixes after each maintenance).

Until this is fixed they should implement that script that turns all lvl 50 excess XP into star coins once a month, if possible.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashan View Post
    I agree, but I wouldn't call it a bug unless they have actually implemented the code that transforms all XP after lvl 50 to star coins, which I don't think they have (it's hard to tell without a complete list of fixes after each maintenance).

Until this is fixed they should implement that script that turns all lvl 50 excess XP into star coins once a month, if possible.
    All of my Adventure XP is currently transformed into Star XP. This was done a while ago.
    EVO is recruiting.
    Players of all levels and experiences welcome. We like to teach.
    Take a look at our recruitment thread, or send me a PM if you're interested.
    Join the evolution today!

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Adv. like lost skull and tropical where you get some xp from doing things along the way actuelly gives the xp as star coin in the end. Yes while on the adv. you get the reward as xp, but as soon as you get the loot its converted into star coins. So those works just fine.

About the quest XP, then just do the quests along the way instead of skipping them, i really don´t see any problems with that, there is no quest you get after you have reached lvl 50 that gives xp. And i really think that most of the people that have gotten to lvl 50 before star coins came, they [ couldn't care less ] about that small amount of xp they can get from there remaining quests.

Hi Faststriker,

The expresion you used was not PEGI-7 and has been replaced.
    Please be careful in the choice of words.

Thanks,
    Fexno
    Last edited by Fexno; 15.10.13 at 05:56.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Faststriker View Post
    About the quest XP, then just do the quests along the way instead of skipping them, i really don´t see any problems with that, there is no quest you get after you have reached lvl 50 that gives xp. And i really think that most of the people that have gotten to lvl 50 before star coins came, they [ couldn't care less ] about that small amount of xp they can get from there remaining quests.
    Didn't you read the thread at all? If you have an upgraded explorer, you can get bonus quests every time he finds an adventure, which provides you with another 5k xp. This XP should be converted into Star Coins, especially considering that it's only possible to get this XP if you're already lvl 50.
    EVO is recruiting.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by EctoRune View Post
    Didn't you read the thread at all? If you have an upgraded explorer, you can get bonus quests every time he finds an adventure, which provides you with another 5k xp. This XP should be converted into Star Coins, especially considering that it's only possible to get this XP if you're already lvl 50.
    Yes i did read it. I was talking in the more generel matter. I do see that, that specifik quest should be changed. But that every other quests you get while leveling up should give star coins just because a player choose to ignore them, i really don´t think that should be rewarded, there is a reason those quests are there.
    "How good bad music and bad reasons sound when we march against an enemy"
    Nietzsche

World
    Sandycove
    Once your level 50 any quests that give you xp you DONT get star coins for them.

you only get star coin as xp from adventures, but in the case of fairytale adventures you get extra beans instead of the xp/star coins in last spot

Quote Originally Posted by RonPope View Post
    Quests XP needs to award Star Coins. Currently they do not.
    fully agree but saying i turned level 50 in May i did get backdated xp from adventures i had done.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPope View Post
    All these Quest XP do add up significantly. And they need to award Star Coins.
    I don't think they have any thing in the pipeline to change this and they will probably leave it as xp from non FT adventures only give star coins

can i just ask why do you have to be level 50 to have a updated explorer?
    surely you can enhance their skills before that.

Yes i did read it. I was talking in the more generel matter. I do see that, that specifik quest should be changed. But that every other quests you get while leveling up should give star coins just because a player choose to ignore them, i really don´t think that should be rewarded, there is a reason those quests are there.
    I did all my quest as i got them the only one that was worth moaning about in this matter would be the get 10k gc from epic adventures loot
    i had all but last 300 coins for this quest and the xp off that quest would have saved me doing another nords/bk (cant remember which i did) to get the xp to get to 50 but as soon as i got to level 50 my next loot had the gc i would have needed but its all luck of the draw lol

World
    Newfoundland
    Giving players access to the same benefits as everyone else isn't rewarding them. On the contrary, making some XP worthless for some players is a punishment, and there seems to be no point to it. Why should a player who does an adventure, then a quest get a worse rewards than a player who do them the other way around? It's a completely arbitrary punishment for an arbitrary subset of players.

Quote Originally Posted by lulu10093 View Post
    can i just ask why do you have to be level 50 to have a updated explorer?
    surely you can enhance their skills before that.
    You can. But the ability to get bonus quests for adventures is a top-tier ability, which doesn't unlock until level 50.
    EVO is recruiting.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Giving players access to the same benefits as everyone else isn't rewarding them. On the contrary, making some XP worthless for some players is a punishment, and there seems to be no point to it. Why should a player who does an adventure, then a quest get a worse rewards than a player who do them the other way around? It's a completely arbitrary punishment for an arbitrary subset of players.
    Its not a punishment from BB, its a personal choice to ignore a part of the game that gives xp. Instead of just power leveling through the lvl´s, then just take a few min to get those small quests done too. I know some of them will take some time to get done, but its all part of the game. And its deffently not the developers intent that players just power levels through the game by adventures and ignoring other parts of the game.
    "How good bad music and bad reasons sound when we march against an enemy"
    Nietzsche

World
    Sandycove
    ah ok thank you i didn't know that bit
    then yes the quest xp off that should also be converted to star coins in my view then.

Reply to Thread