Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Quests XP not awarding Star Coins.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    It's quite simple. they ask that if you do X and they will reward you. The fact is a reward is not received, this is false advertising a practice which in the real world carries stiff penalties. It does not matter what their legal department says because word will get round which will tarnish the companies reputation that they are not to be trusted. This will if it has not already hit them in the revenue stream.

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Faststriker View Post
    Its not a punishment from BB, its a personal choice to ignore a part of the game that gives xp. Instead of just power leveling through the lvl´s, then just take a few min to get those small quests done too. I know some of them will take some time to get done, but its all part of the game. And its deffently not the developers intent that players just power levels through the game by adventures and ignoring other parts of the game.
    LMAO Theres a quest you only get at L50 to hold 200k coins and whats the reward? - yet more xp that disappears into the ether so its not a reward at all. Just extremely bad coding in my opinion and no consideration for the user experience...

Again a fail from BB on so many levels.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by fishslice View Post
    LMAO Theres a quest you only get at L50 to hold 200k coins and whats the reward? - yet more xp that disappears into the ether so its not a reward at all. Just extremely bad coding in my opinion and no consideration for the user experience...

Again a fail from BB on so many levels.
    I have that quest. No XP as reward here. So either that has been removed or it has never been there.
    "How good bad music and bad reasons sound when we march against an enemy"
    Nietzsche

World
    Newfoundland
    Its not a punishment from BB, its a personal choice to ignore a part of the game that gives xp. Instead of just power leveling through the lvl´s, then just take a few min to get those small quests done too. I know some of them will take some time to get done, but its all part of the game. And its deffently not the developers intent that players just power levels through the game by adventures and ignoring other parts of the game.
    It certainly is punishment in the sense that it's a decision to reward some players less for undertaking the same actions.

This seems like you're projecting your own opinions on to the developers. If the developers really wanted to discourage people from leaving their quests until after they hit lvl 50, why have they included quests that can only be gotten after hitting lvl 50, that give XP? It's obviously nonsense. Your attempt to speak to the intent of the developers might be a more efficient argument if their actions didn't so clearly contradict your claims regarding their intentions.

And putting aside the fact that the developers obviously don't share your opinion on the evils of doing quests after reaching lvl 50, have you considered how silly your stance is? Why on earth is it less valid to do your quests after lvl 50, and what does it have to do with power levelling? What's wrong with doing the quests when it's convenient for me?

In the end, this is really just an oversight on the part of the developers. One they'll hopefully fix soon
    EVO is recruiting.
    Players of all levels and experiences welcome. We like to teach.
    Take a look at our recruitment thread, or send me a PM if you're interested.
    Join the evolution today!

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Ectorune

It seems like that we can´t agree on this subject, so lets just agree on disagreing.

And as long as there isn´t any kind of response from BB then this all matters of opinons.
    "How good bad music and bad reasons sound when we march against an enemy"
    Nietzsche

World
    Newfoundland
    Alright, Faststriker. That's fair.
    EVO is recruiting.
    Players of all levels and experiences welcome. We like to teach.
    Take a look at our recruitment thread, or send me a PM if you're interested.
    Join the evolution today!

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    About the quest XP, then just do the quests along the way instead of skipping them, i really don´t see any problems with that, there is no quest you get after you have reached lvl 50 that gives xp. And i really think that most of the people that have gotten to lvl 50 before star coins came, they [ couldn't care less ] about that small amount of xp they can get from there remaining quests.
    I got the "Bandit nightmare"-quest (earn 10k gold coins from epic adventures) a long time ago and even after reaching level 50 I haven't been able to finish it yet. Not because I don't want to do it yet, but beacuse I can't control what I get in the loot. The quest reward is 24,8k XP and yes it's not much in the long run, but it still feels wrong that I will lose that XP (or equivalent amount of Star coins) just because I got bad luck with the loot.

I sent a query about this to Support yesterday and got this response:

"Regarding XP conversion, please note the following:

-The XP you get from quests are not converted into Star Coins.

-The only XP that will be converted into Star Coins, will be the XP you receive from the old adventures.

-The Fairy Tale adventures will not give Star Coins, instead, players will receive Magic Beans."

Reply to Thread