Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Please remove this idiotic quest!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    It's not only a case of what you can buy in trade for those coins, it's also a matter of having the coins or having the means to raise that amount. For a lower level player it can take days to obtain the coins. BB have some very weird ideas of what we a capable of at a given level. To some because of pressures like guild quests the only coin income they have is the daily quest, a quest like this can wipe out 10 days saving.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    Think your being over picky, virtually nothing is worth paying 100gc for 200 of something and 100 of something else. The quest is a waste of a daily, its supposed to be a reward for logging in.
    I can still recall a time when 400 marble was worth 50 coins and 200 steel swords much more so. Also I would really like to know where I made it clear that any prices in Trade are normal, please enlighten me oh wise guru of the Trade what the prices are like on all servers. Not nice to have folks paraphrase you is it? /sarcasm.

The reward for logging in is called a daily log in bonus, quests are supposed to require a little more effort or sacrifice, if it is too much sacrifice you can always just cancel that particular daily quest.

Norway - Birthland of giants......and trolls.
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Gytha_Ogg View Post
    I can still recall a time when 400 marble was worth 50 coins and 200 steel swords much more so. Also I would really like to know where I made it clear that any prices in Trade are normal, please enlighten me oh wise guru of the Trade what the prices are like on all servers. Not nice to have folks paraphrase you is it? /sarcasm.

The reward for logging in is called a daily log in bonus, quests are supposed to require a little more effort or sacrifice, if it is too much sacrifice you can always just cancel that particular daily quest.
    I can not recall 400 marble ever costing 50 coins. I can recall you could get 50 gold ore, but that is a whole different resource. Are you sure these prices of fifty gold for 400 marble aren't from the test server, where everyone has more than enough coin? Or maybe right after they started the sandycove server, before prices sank like a rock when people started to notice that gold coins wasn't that common?

Here is thesaurus.com's definition of normal:

adjective
    conforming to the standard or the common type; usual; not abnormal; regular; natural.
    serving to establish a standard.
    Psychology .
    a.
    approximately average in any psychological trait, as intelligence, personality, or emotional adjustment.
    b.
    free from any mental disorder; sane.
    Biology, Medicine/Medical .
    a.
    free from any infection or other form of disease or malformation, or from experimental therapy or manipulation.
    b.
    of natural occurrence.
    Mathematics .
    a.
    being at right angles, as a line; perpendicular.
    b.
    of the nature of or pertaining to a mathematical normal.
    c.
    (of an orthogonal system of real functions) defined so that the integral of the square of the absolute value of any function is 1.
    d.
    (of a topological space) having the property that corresponding to every pair of disjoint closed sets are two disjoint open sets, each containing one of the closed sets.
    e.
    (of a subgroup) having the property that the same set of elements results when all the elements of the subgroup are operated on consistently on the left and consistently on the right by any element of the group; invariant.

By that definition I would at least say that the prices in trade that commonly leads to a sale, are normal. True enough there are people who ask an abnormal price for their produce and those trades in most cases expire. The few cases where someone actually sells something at such prices as, lets say, the one you mentioned for marble, it's to someone who hasn't quite yet learned the value of their coins.

I agree with you that quests are supposed to take a little and sometimes much effort, but what's the point of having quests that you gain absolutely nothing from? The point was that you can with ease get the same things in trade for less coins. If it was a trade of for XP's or settlers or something else that you can't get from trade, and I would like to add with close to no effort what so ever, I might have done it. But when I with close to no effort at all can get a better deal elsewhere the point of the whole quest is just silly.

Just a little question at the end. What effort and sacrifice would you be willing to give for something that guarantees you a loss and absolutely nothing else?

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Faststriker View Post
    No the reward for login is the thing you actuelly get without doing anything and ends up with a 100 gem reward on the 7 day. The daily quests is just another thing to do in the game and therefor not a reward for playing every day.
    You obviously missed the daily part before the quest, the are a reward for logging in, if you don't log in you won't get more than 2 in a week

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Even that isn't the daftest one.
    There is another to catch the unwary, which goes something like "pay 200 horses and 30 sausages to get 10 gc"
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    You obviously missed the daily part before the quest, the are a reward for logging in, if you don't log in you won't get more than 2 in a week
    You can still "only" log in every second day and still get all the daily quests done. Its only if you doesn´t log in before the third day you loose something, while with the real reward you have to log in every single day. So no its still not a reward for playing the game on a daily base. That is what you get the small rewards and at the 7 day the 100 gems.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Still waiting for vocational training to be removed from my quest book as well

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    I have a dumb one right now. "Pay 100 , Rewards 50 & 50 " ~ Nah, won't be doing that one.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    As someone noted somewhere, it is just so childish to expect reward for nothing. While a daily quest (buy something in TO, use the trade chanel, send gift to a friend etc.) is optional, not worth loss if cancel it -- just simply don't get free rewards. So try to play for fun, and watch on tricky offers, care about which button is pressed, because everyone is responsible to own trust and satisfaction. :-P

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    *Sigh* "Pay 100 , Rewards 200 & 100 ::sausages::" ~ Nah, won't be doing that one either.

Reply to Thread