Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Please remove this idiotic quest!

Norway - Birthland of giants......and trolls.
    World
    Newfoundland

Please remove this idiotic quest!

The quest is as follows: Pay 100 coins from your storage. Reward 200 steel swords and 100 sausages. This is not a quest, but a big waste of coin. Please BB, pay attention to the prices in trade. I can very easily get more there for 100 coins.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    How can BB make quests for the game globally whilst keeping in mind local trade prices?

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Gytha_Ogg View Post
    How can BB make quests for the game globally whilst keeping in mind local trade prices?
    Think your being over picky, virtually nothing is worth paying 100gc for 200 of something and 100 of something else. The quest is a waste of a daily, its supposed to be a reward for logging in.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Saraptheold View Post
    The quest is as follows: Pay 100 coins from your storage. Reward 200 steel swords and 100 sausages. This is not a quest, but a big waste of coin. Please BB, pay attention to the prices in trade. I can very easily get more there for 100 coins.

you can always cancel the quest so you keep the coins

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Gytha_Ogg View Post
    So coins are much less worth in sandycove and other servers? good to now that it's only in newfoundland that this would be considered a lousy trade. If a private person put up a trade like this in newfoundland, you see, it would be considered a waste of trading slots or it might be someone trying to lure a newcomer into a bad deal. Since you have made it clear to me that on other servers these prices are normal, I must take back my suggestion. Truth is the only place gold is cheap is in test right after a wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by lulu10093 View Post
    You can? Really? Then I should have suggested that BB can add more daily quests that we just can delete because they are not worth it. Oh wait, they do have more of those. Only that in most cases you can actually consider it. As an example if you do have "Island of Pirates" in your star menu you have an extra incentive to do it, if not you delete it and wait for the next daily. Because the reward simply doesn't compensate for the price of the adventure.

I have done lousy trades in guild quests, because it benefits the entire guild and in the end that pays of because the guild coins save you some actual money. But this doesn't benefit anyone, not even BB, even in the long run and you both now it. So please stay under your bridge and wait for posts that are groundless whining. This was a suggestion to BB and there was good ground for it.

World
    Sandycove

You can? Really? Then I should have suggested that BB can add more daily quests that we just can delete because they are not worth it. Oh wait, they do have more of those. Only that in most cases you can actually consider it. As an example if you do have "Island of Pirates" in your star menu you have an extra incentive to do it, if not you delete it and wait for the next daily. Because the reward simply doesn't compensate for the price of the adventure.
    Yes you can no need to sarcasm is there?
    if you don't like the quests don't do them.
    many people have moaned about it and they stayed the same

I have done lousy trades in guild quests, because it benefits the entire guild and in the end that pays of because the guild coins save you some actual money. But this doesn't benefit anyone, not even BB, even in the long run and you both now it. So please stay under your bridge and wait for posts that are groundless whining. This was a suggestion to BB and there was good ground for it.
    How do you know i live under a bridge? you been spying one me? lol
    just I thing i am not a troll and i offered fair advice. i did not presume to attack you in anyway in my post all i said was
    It may be a suggestion offered for BB but like many others it may probably get ignored and you don't help having little digs at anyone who comments.
    freedom of speech (or text) as in this case

World
    Newfoundland
    While expressing your opinion, please remember to be respectful towards other users.

Thanks,
    peck_ed
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    Think your being over picky, virtually nothing is worth paying 100gc for 200 of something and 100 of something else. The quest is a waste of a daily, its supposed to be a reward for logging in.
    No the reward for login is the thing you actuelly get without doing anything and ends up with a 100 gem reward on the 7 day. The daily quests is just another thing to do in the game and therefor not a reward for playing every day.

World
    Newfoundland
    @lulu Oh, I assumed that you were sarcastic too. Putting in such an obvious answer, that isn't all that helpful, might easily be perceived as such. If you weren't I'm sorry for my sharp tone. If BB doesn't want to listen to me that's their head ache. I just pointed out that this is a quest that goes against the purpose of the daily quests. To get people to stay and spend their money by making the game a little more interesting. Deleting the daily or wasting your resources isn't all that interesting is it? Purchasing items, making buffs or settlers or making friends online is. Especially if there is a small reward for it. My point was that here there is absolutely no reward at all. There is no challenge in the quest and you loose resources. No matter how you look at there is not any benefit at all doing this quest even if you're so optimistic that it is border line insanity.
    Last edited by Saraptheold; 30.09.13 at 16:06.

World
    Sandycove
    I put a simple answer as its what I do.

Thing with the forum is you cant see players levels so don't know if they are new players or not (i'm level 50 in case you were wondering) so sometimes a simple answer better.
    I do all other main and sub quests and events but, even if i get a daily quest to do say SE or DB for silly resources/coins i just cancel them as its not worth my time or troops to do them.
    even though at level 50 in my case the daily and guild quests are only ones i have to do lol

Reply to Thread