Reply to Thread

Thread: Big City Life

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove

Big City Life

This Guild Quest has got to be altered or removed.
    It keeps repeating over and over again, rarely is there any other, and it's the one that demands Isle of Pirates.
    Because of this, the adventure has virtually vanished from some servers, on Sandycove I originally had 2 pages of them in my star menu, all now used up. Pooled stocks for the guild, now also drained. I only completed the last 2 because of a) incredible generosity from another player, and b): paying through the nose for a copy.
    It frequently now does not get completed in the time between resets, it is now that hard to complete.
    Most nights there are no copies on trade, and the rare copies that get posted are now reaching insane demands, even to the extent of 660gc!!!

This is seriously messing up the balance of the game, and is causing havoc within guilds as those with a different quest are always waiting on the rest.
    Because it is appearing so often, progress has slowed to a crawl, just 2750 xp and draining recruits, there is never any chance of doing a more rewarding adv.
    It has to go.

World
    Sandycove
    Hi MuffinMule,

Can you contact Support with this issue. Try to be as specific as possible like dates when you got Big City Life as a guild quest, at what date you completed it etc.
    Or at the very least the amount of times you got the quest in a specific timespan. You can contact Support using the contact form on this page: http://www.thesettlersonline.com/en/help-and-support

World
    Northisle
    I agree that this Guild Quest is nothing but a hindrance to guild progression. The prices have rocketed and so has become very unfair- especially to those with fewer resources. Being a single player adventure, it's not as if it can be used to help those same guildies by offering a loot spot and thus getting 2 Guild Quests done. Even if the quest was adjusted to include another adventure option- an either/or situation, that would spread the cost of buying the adventure and thus be less of a drain. It's not that I object to the adventure itself, but simply the fact that it isn't easy to come by and so it's more costly to complete than the quest should warrant.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Fexno, since november, we have had Pirates, Pirates, experience 2 new advs almost continuously.
    Even after the alleged "200 new guild quests", it's still almost inevitably one of these two.
    Sandycove is particularly bad for me, but even the other 4 servers I play, it doesn't take a genius to work out that Isle of Pirates is now rarer than hens' teeth. They've all been used up.
    Explorers are no help, sending 3 out each day, they have found 1 Isle of Pirates in 10 months on short search (meanwhile 4 Nords!).
    Medium search zilch.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Previous guild quest: "Do Pirates"
    Current guild quest: "Pay longbows & use deer musk"
    Waiting guild quest: "Do Pirates"

Needless to say, the waiting quest has been cancelled.

Reply to Thread