Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Geologists

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle

Geologists

It would be nice if we could send out geologists out to a friend's island. They would just stay in the * menu when you visit someone and you could send them out to find deposits the same as on your island.

Norway - Birthland of giants......and trolls.
    World
    Newfoundland
    It would be nice to be able to help out friends and guildies that way. Maybe they even could have a bonus of, let's say 5% bigger deposits or shorter search times. Much like with the buff system.

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    What would the point in buying extra geo's if your friend could just come and find deposits for you.... revenue for BB down, not going to happen.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Why bother training up your geo's if a friend can use his geo's.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by PChamps View Post
    What would the point in buying extra geo's if your friend could just come and find deposits for you.... revenue for BB down, not going to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Why bother training up your geo's if a friend can use his geo's.
    Because you still have to have geos when you need iron, marble, gold, stone, coal and copper. I don't know about you, but I use them a lot and I want those extra resources and those shorter search times that comes with training. Still BB encourages co-operation when it comes to buffs and give huge bonuses when you use buffs on a friends work yard. You can share refills, buffs and adventures with friends, so why not extend that co-operation to geos too. Why bother to train them or buy them you say? Because if you just sit around waiting for a friend to have an available geo and never return the favor, they probably will stop helping you. If you always get the benefit of trained geos and he have to settle with the deposits your untrained geos find for him, he'll probably stop helping you. Just look at what premium has done to buff swapping. People that have premium time, only want to swap buffs with other premiums. The same thing would probably go for geos too.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    The current mechanic is not designed for this. You log in and find all 8 of your gold mines have run out, you send out your geo's to find new ones. 5 mins later your friends geos find the mines for you, you are now stuck with geo's out on fruitless searches which could last between 1 hour 24 and 3 hours 55. In the mean time your sat there watching your other mines and quarries run out and are unable to do anything because your geo's are otherwise occupied.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    The current mechanic is not designed for this. You log in and find all 8 of your gold mines have run out, you send out your geo's to find new ones. 5 mins later your friends geos find the mines for you, you are now stuck with geo's out on fruitless searches which could last between 1 hour 24 and 3 hours 55. In the mean time your sat there watching your other mines and quarries run out and are unable to do anything because your geo's are otherwise occupied.
    I see the problem there. You got something for free that you hadn't anticipated and now the glass is half empty? If your friend hadn't found the gold for, with a 5% bonus addition to the deposit or even if there is no bonus, your geos would still be out looking for ordinary gold deposits. You loose nothing. I'm sorry, but you can use that argument more convincing when you complain about how buffing works. Like this:"I was going to buff my work yards with baskets, but my friend had already buffed them with sandwiches. Now my work yards will run out of buffs three hours before I have my next chance to log on." A much bigger problem really, but there is a workaround for it. You tell your friends what to buff, with what and when. You can do the same with geos. If I checked your map and see that you are out of gold and send my geos to help you, I can mail you about it and you would know.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Or it could send you a message if you're not at the home island like it does with buffs and add a news line if you're at home. People lacking communication is the problem you're describing. You may as well make a suggestion to remove anything that a moron can mess up. Lootspots for a start. Remove those in case you give to someone and they sod off for 2 days. Remove buffing because someone could take buffs and never give in return. Stop building placement because idiots can click it in the wrong place. May as well just switch the game off if making everything idiot proof is your issue

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove

Another Geo Suggestion

I would really like to see manufactured buffs, in Prov House, that significantly reduce searcg time for Geo's. This would help every player, in that, whilst you are spending 4 hours searching for coal/gold, many times other resources run out, and you can neither cancel your Geo's, nor speed them up in current format. A very useful addition imo.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Hano13, that's why you should have more geologists

Reply to Thread