Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: [Guide] Collection System and Collectibles

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    For Windows 7 users, the "Magnify" tool in Ease of Access is great for zooming in searching. So far, I have collected every collectible almost every time

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    The build/move overlay shows hidden collectibles too:

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayd View Post
    The build/move overlay shows hidden collectibles too:

Nice, good idea
    Amy Safeunderdark
    A little magic goes a long way.

Amy's Rules of progress (TSO Forum )
    Amy's random quotes & Settlers related Art and images (TSO Forum )
    Amy's TOOLS:
    Forum image uploader New version online supporting more image types, even animated gif!
    Explained here (Forum link) --> PLease leave your comments and/or remarks here

TSO server status (outside link) New Version!

World
    Northisle
    How about an option - collect say 10 scarecrows and get an option to get a permanent one for decoration ? Same with the herb fields!

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Must admit I'm a fan of the collectibles. They're free and can be used to make something useful (even if you only like ONE of the buffs, just make that, trade any unwanted collectibles)
    I just think of it as another fun challenge, most can be found fairly easily and I'll come back and try and find the more difficult ones later while I'm waiting for mines being built etc. If a few escape me (or are hidden too well) I don't stress about it.
    Finding them won't be for everyone but to me that's one of the main points of TSO - its a game full of different things to do, some you like, some you don't so you simply choose your style of play. In the case of collectibles you can simply ignore them.

Hopefully BB will add to or change the collectibles/makeable buffs now and again to keep things fresh (like with the Halloween pumpkins)
    Last edited by Sheddoe; 21.10.13 at 15:19.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Hey guys,

as i went through the german board i stumbled across a nice thread about methods to be used in an automated tool. Its german but i think one can understand most of it only by looking at the pictures:
    http://forum.diesiedleronline.de/thr...r-Suchroutinen

In principle there are two methods, nothing that wasnt allready discussed here or elsewhere:
    1. Make a screenshot of your island and scan for the pixel-footprint of the collectibles.
    2. Make a screenshot of your island while holding a 1x1 decorational item in your hand (e.g. flowerbed) and compare it to the same picture without collectibles (needs to be made before)
    The author claims a >90% discovery for method 1 in a matter of seconds. Method 2 yields 100% discoverys but is a little bit uncomfortable to use.

So far so old. Whats new are precompiled executables for Windows at the end of the thread, and well...it works out! The last few days it took me only something like 30seconds per spawn of collectibles to catch them all. The items that couldnt be found be the dsofinder-tool (2 in ~80) were easily found by a tool tailored around the building-site method (divfinder).

Two things were mentioned later in the thread:
    1: its absolutely legal to use these tools (confirmed by the german exploit support)
    2: The author links the sourcecode (pretty easy c++ code in Qt Framework) to compile it for Mac or whatever.

If you want to try it out i would recommend the PTR-Tool as it comes around with a few changes to handle it more comfortable and has christmas collectibles included allready.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    Very useful link there, but there is still the problem with collectibles under rocks and some appearing after you've checked the whole map.
    If they were easier to find, people would never have had to resort to asking for friends to help them look, or software to do it for you.

World
    Sandycove
    Agreed; I've occasionally found them within one of my structures. Someone even made an app to sniff out collectibles but, sometimes, it only highlights probable locations.

There should be a clearer out-of-bounds for collectibles appearing in layers that make them invisble or even glued inside a player's buildings.

Translation of German thread [link]
    Last edited by Tiletron; 21.12.13 at 12:12.
    Facebook ID: 1260394561
    Tiletron (Sandycove 3) | Hyncharas (Welt 1)

World
    Northisle
    Such a great Guide, Iolanthe.

Thank you so much for your efforts. =-]
    *Price Lists, Value Calculations, Adventure Guides, Helpful Links*

Join us on Forum Groups, Facebook and Google+

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    plsss i had a suggestion about the banners u use them on all the places on all things that u most do like Hunting Contest, Whip and Carrot, Drill Sergeant Squnk, A sip from the kite, Master's Toolkit it is 5/10 and we are speaking about the most popular things

I had like 2k and more herbs in store pls it while be great if u swap the banner in A sip from the kite it is after all soup what soup u can do whit banner and without herbs and the same about the Hunting Contest ok for the awards part u can use banner but i believe whit herbs u while catch more deer and do bather sausages ))

So think about that

Reply to Thread