Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: [Guide] Collection System and Collectibles

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    interesting making your own buffs BUT it is so boring scouting your island in this way, Do something BB

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    i disagree with that fact "collectable are no place behind buildings" i clicked on a sleeping woodcutter and found herbs.
    it is ridiculous to hide collectables in this way.
    also it seems that no all collectable are placed on the map at the same time as i had searched sector 1 then when i come back after finding some collectables in others sectors a collectable was sitting right in the middle of it...there is no way i would have missed it the 1st time round.
    so it seems that no only are collectables hiddden behind buildings but can also appear later on in a sector you have already coverd ?...
    do BB realt think players have nothing better to do then mouse over thier map all day trying to find these things....another idea implemented stupidly.
    i guess this post will be deleted as i have posted about this before only to have a mod delete what that dont like hearing!!!!

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by ATHTHEMANIAC View Post
    i disagree with that fact "collectable are no place behind buildings" i clicked on a sleeping woodcutter and found herbs.
    it is ridiculous to hide collectables in this way.
    also it seems that no all collectable are placed on the map at the same time as i had searched sector 1 then when i come back after finding some collectables in others sectors a collectable was sitting right in the middle of it...there is no way i would have missed it the 1st time round.
    so it seems that no only are collectables hiddden behind buildings but can also appear later on in a sector you have already coverd ?...
    do BB realt think players have nothing better to do then mouse over thier map all day trying to find these things....another idea implemented stupidly.
    i guess this post will be deleted as i have posted about this before only to have a mod delete what that dont like hearing!!!!
    Lol, your last line and the general tone of your message is exactly what might trigger a Mod to delete your comment, because you are not taken seriously..
    I'm not saying you are not serious, but it's is the general 'negative tone'' of your input, no offence, but it is all wrong, there is nothing good in your message.. and you are infact provoking the Mod to delete this, because you say a mod will do just that..
    A self fulfilling prophecy If I were a mod, it's very tempting not to delete your post -lol-

Ok, having said that..
    I can understand your frustration if things are not working as it should.
    But to be honest I have only today come across some weird behavior regarding the collectibles, only to find that more things were behaving not as they should do.
    But that does not mean everything isn't bad, now is it ?

I can imagine some building blocking the view of other things, I have a black castle blocking the hunter behind it, so that is perfectly possible.
    Not desirable, but possible to occur, and so if that is a clear spot, where a collectable can be placed, it's not in clear view, that is something that's needs some work to fix.
    I do agree that should not be the case, maybe because they are delivered randomly it's a problem to get it right: How do you check if the collectable can be seen or not. That's a question I can not answer.

So I think you comment will not be deleted, because although it is reasonably negative, you do have a valid point, and you are only ventilating your frustration.
    Maybe it should be moved to the feedback topic, and not be placed in the 'Guide' topic.
    That can be the only valid reason I can think off at this moment why a Mod would delete your post
    (MOD: if you read this, if needed please move to the appropriate topic, thank you )

Bad Criticism is not good, but try to give it in perspective with a positive view, be exact,
    and give good examples to show where it goes wrong, than they have a chance to fix things, if they know what goes wrong, when and how.

They have tried to give us a nice 'search' quest, like the easter egg hunts etc. and I think it's nice.
    Maybe not 100 reliable, but a nice for what does work.

I do hope this can be solved, and you can find your collectibles normally.

Love,
    Amy
    Last edited by AmySafeunderdark; 06.10.13 at 11:40.
    Amy Safeunderdark
    A little magic goes a long way.

Amy's Rules of progress (TSO Forum )
    Amy's random quotes & Settlers related Art and images (TSO Forum )
    Amy's TOOLS:
    Forum image uploader New version online supporting more image types, even animated gif!
    Explained here (Forum link) --> PLease leave your comments and/or remarks here

TSO server status (outside link) New Version!

World
    Sandycove
    Hi ATHTHEMANIAC,

Your post was not deleted, just moved to this thread:
    http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...l=1#post240229
    Since it didn't seem to give feedback on the guide itself, but on the collectibles.

You received a private message telling you that.

Now please, let's keep this thread for feedback/suggestions on the guide.

Thanks,
    Fexno

World
    Northisle
    another "herbs" behind the tree: http://prntscr.com/1vnysy

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Why do i get only scarecrow's, herbs and sometimes a kettle, i never get banners and food carts.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Orca45 View Post
    Why do i get only scarecrow's, herbs and sometimes a kettle, i never get banners and food carts.
    if you have kettles, stick it on and make me a coffee, its still early

World
    Northisle
    i discovered a drastic way to make your hunt for collectibles more easy : switch your foresters OFF and let the wood cutters cut down all the threes on your island. It works !

Norway - Birthland of giants......and trolls.
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by jaykew2012 View Post
    i discovered a drastic way to make your hunt for collectibles more easy : switch your foresters OFF and let the wood cutters cut down all the threes on your island. It works !
    Lol. Yes that is a bit drastic. As I need my hardwood for mines and pinewood for tools and coal, I think I'll just be happy with what I find by chance. Still, it's not so drastic as to plant flowerbeds over the entire island to reduce the spawn points. I've started doing that. Since I'm not going to spend a lot of gems on it, I figured I'll have the island covered in about only 20 to 25 years.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    No words needed

(Pic is from the test server, but happened on my real account too)

Reply to Thread