Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Collectibles hiding (in rocks etc)

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

World
    Newfoundland
    Third time i have that there's no collectible on the adventure island, this time on the christmas event the stolen sleigh. bummer

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    There's no guarantee of there being collectibles on adventures.
    If they do happen to spawn, you will have a collectibles quest in your quest log.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Last edited by Flandria4; 28.05.14 at 22:20. Reason: Smug Report, sorry

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    this is the second hiden collectible i found hiden today
    Last edited by Xandius; 18.12.13 at 02:54.

World
    Newfoundland
    Stop Moaning !!
    Collectibles is the most fun concept that has been implemented into the game for quite some time.
    The whole idea is that you have to find them and they aren't always glaring out at you in the middle of an open field.
    Gone are the days where your sitting around waiting for a general to arrive at his battle or a geologist to find his resources you always have something to do now.

It's always nice to find them all but if you don't then make a mental note to yourself "Must try harder next time"

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    I think there must be a lot of OCD sufferers playing TSO. Do you HAVE to find every single collectible every time? I have to admit I do find it a little funny how angry some of you are getting. If I find most of them I am pretty happy.

While I do think they need to fix some of the placements, I don't think it's cause for people to take up arms and start a revolution over. I am exaggeration but thats how this thread feels to me. An over reaction. If you are in a guild then it's a nice bonding part of the game. In our guild we normally have several people on our island helping us get the collectibles once we do a once over quickly ourselves. In most cases we end up getting them all, but when we don't get them all, we just call it a day and wait for the next lot **shrug**.

At any rate, don't get so upset, its just another aspect of the game they added to give us some cool buffs. Don't get so caught up in getting every single collectible! They don't even spawn all at once either. So u cant normally get them all instantly anyway. I hope they fix the hidden ones tho! [removed]

Hello ddakka,

Please keep it PEGI-7 .

Thank you,
    Sinister-King
    Last edited by Sinister-King; 19.12.13 at 01:24.

Battle Hardened Contributor Jamdoggy's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    I've made a map of several locations where I've found collectibles hiding invisibly, and I think all previous posts show locations on this map...

When looking for collectibles, double-check each of these locations.
    Attached Images

World
    Sandycove
    I feel other users' pains and I know it can be exccedingly frustrating, though there's not a lot the studio can do about it.

TSO, like most strategy titles these days, use Voxels - a process where the world is created through separate layers of terrain on top of each other (a good example of this are layers of the Photoshop image). This means collectibles could be just about anywhere it is ok to place other forms of terrain; such as mountainous obstacles, being completely invisble, but still be only on the main island where settlers walk, not the smaller landmasses...

There is, however, a way to alleviate problems with spawning collectibles in your home zone. If you find all those you can that are visible, leave the game for a while (roughly 15-20 mins), clear your browser cache and then open it again, there is a 50/50 chance the collectibles will respawn somewhere else on the island, now accessible.
    Facebook ID: 1260394561
    Tiletron (Sandycove 3) | Hyncharas (Welt 1)

World
    Sandycove
    Ok from what I've established NOT ALL of the collectibles appear on the map at any one time. At most, the game only seems to be able to spawn 28 of them regardless of how many appear in a challenge - waiting for users to collect all they find - and then the rest appear a few minutes later.

This could be part of the reason why people have difficulty finding them, so users should be patient.
    Facebook ID: 1260394561
    Tiletron (Sandycove 3) | Hyncharas (Welt 1)

Reply to Thread