Reply to Thread

Thread: Second island..or maybe more

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

Second island..or maybe more

Hi,
    I didn't found this idea yet, so don't kill me if i missed it.

It would be great if it was possible that you could keep the islands you have conquered from an adventure. So you get more space to build, maybe special resources..greater amount. It would open a lot of new potential game features. Like sending resources from island by island, by ships...which you need to build offcourse. You could make a PvP option in it, that you could attack someone else his island. To defend your island you can build defense towers(like in the real settlers games).

The dimension and possibilities would be huge.

See Ya around.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Many variations of this have been suggested in the past. I can only conclude the devs have all suffered hearing loss due to the noise levels of their working environment.
    Last edited by Dorotheus; 03.10.13 at 18:31. Reason: typo

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I find it strange not to look into this option, as the islands are already designed..so only to add some field were you can add buildings..or a mine..
    You don't have to design all at once, that's impossible...but step by step....and now they are going to let you remove rocks from your own island...
    to generate space, that will not help much

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Check out my collection of suggestions to ease up the game. Please do provide me with your feedback in regards of it.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    It must take longer to code removing parts of the island for different players and the alternative of earning extra lands without blowing stuff up sounds better to me.
    How about the option to climb the fairytale castle and build in a cloud?
    Or build a ferry and have an island nearby the main map that everyone can access?
    Or dig an underground tunnel, allowing another layer to the island with new resources etc.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    Oh, yes, destroying rocks and mountains, i hope it's only a sudden idea. As mentioned above, the sigh of additional islands or any other territory has been put so many time and form continuously, also on PvP as well. Let's see what we got with it (because not quite real that devs have not responded to it), e.g. in [Dev Diary] 20/11/2012, slowly a year ago...

ECONOMIC ADVENTURES // This new type of adventures will consist of challenges with less or no combat. They will contain critical challenges for traders and economists...
    This was one little bit sophisticated topic as to how to acquire more land.

PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER // ... In order to prepare the game for PvP content, we think if we rework the current combat system... // Separate islands for PvP / New type of islands will be added to the game. Players who are interested in PvP will have a possibility to compete with other people in order to take control over valuable islands.
    As answer to another batch of threads.

New possibilities to gain specified resources / With Player vs Player content, we will add new possibilities to gain precious resources.
    And this was the third and much discussed topic in this regard. Herein also mentioned reworked guild quest feature, guild coins, side quest chains, science system, news window etc. as planed future changes. Some of them realized, others are not. But we can't be sure, those are forgotten.
    Anyway, I think it's not enough to say "we need more space" and stop at this point. We must imagine details, and, more importantly, doable things to offer. So you may want to search through space of the older topics, a lot of interesting ideas came together...

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    how about if player win on adventure, player had 'right' to exploit resources on the adventure island, until all resources depleted, until determined time or until player leave the island. the type of resources can be harvested hopefully the resources players can't produce (exotic wood log, granite, titanium ore, saltpeter). and while player harvesting on the adventure island, player can't enter the same adventure (naturally, heh...heh...) or join other player's same adventure. hopefully too, for challenge, when player harvesting the island, enemy spawned randomly and if player can't defeat the enemy on determined time, player will lost the island, forced to leave the island and only half of the stored resources brought home.

Reply to Thread