Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A collection of UI changes

Norway - Birthland of giants......and trolls.
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Brankovics View Post
    The usage EO to buff, start, stop etc. means duplicating the workyard handling or centralizing and makes the map only a decoration. The case of autofeed the buffs means usage one more resource type. So these would be pointless.
    I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean that the map becomes useless if you choose to have certain production lines pause when they are not buffed? Or that you can pause and start entire production lines when they lack resources? I don't see the problem. I do see the problem with clicking again and again either through the map or economy overview. Also I'm not talking about auto buffing, though I wouldn't mind the possibility to queue buffs or even better have a buff that lasts longer, but just a choice to let certain types of production not run while not buffed. Anything involving titanium ore for instance. We'll still use the map, but we just wouldn't have to click around it for hours looking for buildings that are paused, not paused, buffed or not buffed. Fewer clicks, hopefully less lag and a lot less tedious gameplay.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazgod View Post
    As a stopgap, default all provision house and barracks to 25 so we don't have to drag the slider every time.
    When new TO was implemented that was one of the most disliked thing: the sliders on max. Until buff/troop production starts immediately and can not be canceled, there would be the same problem with slider default is the max. So a betteer solution is (imho) a bigger max value. But anyway, a rearrange button, like in building queue is very needed...

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Saraptheold View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean that the map becomes useless if ...
    OK, sorry if my english was not clear enough. So I try again.

Firstly, Economic overview, as its name implies, an overview (guidance, advisor, counselor, work-help), let say statistics. (When I started, was not such, nevertheless were some level 50 player...) If buildings were also manageable from EO (start, stop, buff, etc.), somehow it means you can manage buildings two ways: in EO and on place. Or from EO only, what means centralized management of production, and the map is not really necessary, only a decoration. In this case you could use the map only to place the buildings, what, imho, is not intended, also would be less fun. (And EO would be named Production management and such that needs a serious improvements, don't know how much and which kind of recoding.)

Secondly, an option to stop a building's production automaticaly when a buff expired, is the same behavior than a resource run out or not available anyway. So-say such a second/third resource. Queue buffs looks so similar. Imho it is not intended also, because of complex experience: you should care your island "by walk".

The only needed changes on EO what I desire, is:
    • Should NOT be modal (could use the map while EO is on), movable and could be pin, like Building menu and Trade office.
    • Consequently, when click on a building in EO, it shouldn't close (at least in pined state) just roll to building.
    • Make customisable the examined time interval (now it is fixed 12h). Also would be nice option how to calculate buffs: as if they used continuously or only them lifetime overproduction (so if they depleting before examined time ends, then count only the real amount). Non plus ultra: a tooltip for kind of buff and its remaining time.
    • Repair some very old problems, like
    - buffed amount should be shown well, the actual state is confusing because of "+" sign (it was faultless until a maintenance in last year) so show only the overproduction or at least replace "+" with "=";
    - some chain icons: e.g. always Pinewood->Log->Coal, even if there are not any coking plant on the map; exo.wood etc. could not be produced, only find by explorer or buy (multiple resources and unproducables should be represented by special icons);
    - remove false chains: e.g. Steel swords show 3 coal chain / Gold coins shows wheat (probably because of Gold Tower, even if there is not such -- similar to coal/coking plant). So these are bothering, confusing and annoying.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    In the BB Backstage video about the then upcoming economy overview, BB_Paula's ecoview HAD a choice of timescales, including, I think, 1 hr & 24 hrs.

Yep, found the video, here's a screen grab.
    Last edited by Hairy; 10.10.13 at 14:25.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    Oh, just one more little improvment. If there were such tooltip in EO buildings, specially on mines to show when will depleting (and also option how to calculate, see above)...

Reply to Thread