Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] More space on your home island

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Saraptheold View Post
    I have to hand it to BB. I was actually very, very pessimistic about this before I saw it on the test server. With that starting point I didn't really expect to be disappointed and still they not only managed to disappoint me, but even give me that sinking feeling in the stomach that you get when all goes wrong.

This is the only builder game I've played, where you can't chop down forests and replant them where it suits you best. In some of the games you can tear down mountains, even the ones you need and shouldn't. It will cost a lot of time and in game resources. In settlers online we have a lot of forests and stone and shrubbery and rivers and whatnot that we don't really need, in places where they only obstruct good city planning. And now BB tells us that we can only remove some of the useless stones and only the ones they have decided. You do not get to decide where you want to make some open space. The trees stays where the trees are. The waterways can not be drained to make new land. And still they have the audacity to demand real money for this. A lot of real money.

I wonder how someone at BB would react if they bought an expensive cake for their kids birthday and the confectioner told them to come and get the glazing maybe a year from now. Then when a year had passed they would have to pay extra for the glazing wich only covers half the cake and taste like bile. This is how I feel we are being treated. I'm going to play the game as it is and you can eat your own glazing BB. I'm not even sure if I want it if it's free.
    +1

Architect of the Empire Sinister-King's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hello guys!

The thread 'More space on island' has been merged here .

Thank you,
    Sinister-King

Norway - Birthland of giants......and trolls.
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve1077 View Post
    Did anyone honestly think this would be free? It's a free game but there's always going to be premium content
    I did not expect it to be free at all. But with the limited amount of building licenses in the game, who needs the extra space? The ones who have several buildings that don't need licenses. And how have they come by those buildings? Someone has payed for them, either them selves or others, with real money.

In my opinion this feature should have been much better than it is, should have been a part of the game from the very beginning and it is already payed for. Still we would have to pay 27€ clearing away a few rocks. And when those are cleared away, the tree stumps are still there!!?? Huh??

I have mentioned earlier, in another thread, that this is the game that I have spent the most money on. For the same amount of money I could have bought several copies of other games and given it as gifts to friends and family.

This is an online low grade flash game. I don't expect it to be free. I expect it to be cheaper than other games and I expect us to get what we have already payed for and, last but not least, I will not ever pay 27€ this pure garbage feature.

World
    Newfoundland
    I did not expect it to be free at all. But with the limited amount of building licenses in the game, who needs the extra space? The ones who have several buildings that don't need licenses. And how have they come by those buildings? Someone has payed for them, either them selves or others, with real money.

In my opinion this feature should have been much better than it is, should have been a part of the game from the very beginning and it is already payed for. Still we would have to pay 27€ clearing away a few rocks. And when those are cleared away, the tree stumps are still there!!?? Huh??

I have mentioned earlier, in another thread, that this is the game that I have spent the most money on. For the same amount of money I could have bought several copies of other games and given it as gifts to friends and family.

This is an online low grade flash game. I don't expect it to be free. I expect it to be cheaper than other games and I expect us to get what we have already payed for and, last but not least, I will not ever pay 27€ this pure garbage feature.
    Then don't buy the extra feature you don't wish to have. A large part of the game is resource and space management, which is all part of the challenge. Should you have a free placement sandbox in a clear square island, there is far less importance given to perfect placement, something that I and others have spent a lot of time trying to perfect.

Clearing the rocks gives another view on something that could give us extra performance, but your cake analogy seems a bit off (if you pardon the pun). It'd be more like getting a free cake from the store, then complaining that you don't want it to read "Happy Birthday" and wanted it to read "Welcome Home". Then complained when they tell you "well yeah, but that'll cost you extra".

I know I will be doing this, simply because I like what the extra space offers me in return for the gems it's costing, but that's part of the whole free choice thing you have in the game (along with other premium items like Silos, Watermills and Additional Building Licences).
    Last edited by peck_ed; 09.10.13 at 14:27.
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hello everyone,
    I just had the opportunity to test yesterday the whole bring-down-the-mountains option.
    A couple of things:
    1 - I experienced a few bugs in the test server. Even though I purchased all available crews and used them - somehow some went missing and I could not clear all removables from the home island.
    2 - I think the addition of some extra space is a good one for players that need it/want it.
    3 - I think the price is a bit too high though. For two main reasons:
    a) Looking at what is to be removed we expect getting a lot of free space. A mountain is a mountain after all, IMHO you should get enough space for quite a few buildings (5 or 6, I would say) - and you don't.
    b) Perhaps more importantly, the spaces you get are still quite obstructed and patchy. This was to me the crux of the whole thing. I was expecting a nice clean swab of land where I could place a storehouse dead centre and sort out some production buildings around it. And this was not to happen in every single removal zone... Personally I think it's fair if you want to charge players to increase their islands capacity and efficiency but then, please, allow them to do just that. Make these zones more user friendly so that those of us who decide to go down that route do feel that it was a worthwhile investment. Make it appealling rather than a last-resort measure, I would say.

And I also think the option to remove and re-plant trees should definitely be given at some point in the not-too-far future! It would allow for a lot more extra room, yes - but also give the opportunity to many players to re-plan and re-think their island. Which to me means, having more people playing the game longer and more happily.

Thanks for your time!
    nim.
    Last edited by Nimurian; 09.10.13 at 16:14. Reason: text correction

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by peck_ed View Post
    Then don't buy the extra feature you don't wish to have.
    Well, I just said that I won't.
    A large part of the game is resource and space management, which is all part of the challenge. Should you have a free placement sandbox in a clear square island, there is far less importance given to perfect placement, something that I and others have spent a lot of time trying to perfect.
    True. So why will BB not allow us to choose what stones that doesn't contain deposits to remove. There are still quite a few pieces of rubble in s9 that some might find more suitable to remove than the ones that we are allowed to. And why on earth is there a tiny pond right next to the mayors house that can be done nothing with? Why is it that we can't remove a certain number of tree stumps. Not all, just a few that stands in the way of good production lines? If I could choose what to remove (a limited amount of either trees, stone, waterways) I might pay for it. The element of planning also could take us to a point where we might want to loose one out of eight gold deposit forever just to have what we consider the perfect wheat production line. (I wouldn't do that, but if I did and regretted it, buying back that deposit is something I would pay 13k gems for, maybe more.)
    Clearing the rocks gives another view on something that could give us extra performance, but your cake analogy seems a bit off (if you pardon the pun). It'd be more like getting a free cake from the store, then complaining that you don't want it to read "Happy Birthday" and wanted it to read "Welcome Home". Then complained when they tell you "well yeah, but that'll cost you extra".
    The cake is most certainly not free and when you pay for text on the cake you do certainly not get the text you want. Even if you pay more than to the confectioner next door who let you have exactly the text you want.
    I know I will be doing this, simply because I like what the extra space offers me in return for the gems it's costing, but that's part of the whole free choice thing you have in the game (along with other premium items like Silos, Watermills and Additional Building Licences).
    Water mills, silos, additional building licenses and let me add endless copper mines, deer stalker and premium adventures is what I have been spending several hundred euros on. I think it's too expensive, but I have not complained about it. This time it's different.

Please don't tell me again that my cake is free.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle

I have a full island and 55 licenses left, and yes Ive spent plenty of money, but as I have 8 gem pits and have nothing that needs upgrading this will be free for me

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    The space generated around border s6/s9 and top of s9 will be just what I'm looking for long term. The overall cost of removing all the rocks seems a little pricey given that some give very limited value, the rocks in s7 behind coal mines are very poor value I think.

As mentioned it would be nice if there was a small charge to take out individual tree stumps, but that may come in the future. BB should be applauded for at least listening to the community and offering some sort of solution to the space problem some have.

Longer term I still like to see another Island, I just like building stuff.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Something to remember is so far we've only seen a test version of rock removal, which may just be a test of the functionality of the ka-booms, and not of the final methods to purchase them.

World
    Newfoundland
    I hope you are right there Hairy. And I hope the prices were a test too.

Reply to Thread