Reply to Thread

Thread: Text: while loading the game you see the text "Adventures for Professionals"

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland

Text: while loading the game you see the text "Adventures for Professionals"

Similar behaviour, when 1st logging in, hovering the mouse over the mountains to the left of the Mayor's House shows a text box "Adventures for Professionals" which vanishes after the game has loaded fully, and you move cursor away.
    Same black background/white text as above.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad View Post
    Similar behaviour, when 1st logging in, hovering the mouse over the mountains to the left of the Mayor's House shows a text box "Adventures for Professionals" which vanishes after the game has loaded fully, and you move cursor away.
    Same black background/white text as above.
    I tried to reproduce this by logging in after clearing cache etc (so everything had to be fetched from the server and thus causing a delay).
    I didn't succeed in getting a "text box" there. Either the spot is more specific then just anywhere on the mountains (I tried several locations), or there is something else that has to be true before getting this popup at that location. The text "Adventure for Professional" is the name of one of the tutorial quests, did you mean when you log in for the very first time? (like level 1 etc)
    Last edited by Fexno; 05.10.13 at 14:34. Reason: typo's (a lot)

World
    Newfoundland
    No, the text for that particular quest appears in reversed colours as the island is drawing itself. It appears in that place as that is where the cursor happens to lie when the screen 1st loads up.
    I've never ever had this quest, it was added long after I had passed that particular level.
    It still happens now, and I'm Level 45, not level 1.
    Not a biggy, but it is another example of 'rogue text' appearing where it shouldn't.
    It vanishes the moment you are able to move the cursor away, once the screen has drawn fully, it isn't interactive in any form, just an oddity. But, it shouldn't be there, and seeing as it is text for something I've never had in my game, it can't be cached anywhere, and it still occurs on a brand new comp/fresh browser which has never seen this particular text in any context.
    We love our new CM.

World
    Sandycove
    Hmm strange, can't reproduce the issue. Clicked play and then left my mouse alone, but no dice. Can it be browser related? (tried Internet Explorer 9, Firefox and Chrome (latest version))

Also are you able to get me a screenshot of the behaviour?

World
    Newfoundland
    Way ahead of you, here is tonight's offering.
    It appears under the cursor as island is loading, and vanishes by the time drawing has completely finished, but stays floating for quite a while.
    It happens under the Fox and Chrome (can't bring myself to infect comp with Botnet Enabler), and seems to be most prevalent on Newfoundland.
    The spot is directly 'beneath' where the blue login button was on the homepage, which is why the cursor is always in that particular spot.

As a side note, not only did this appear on the older computer, but this particular shot is taken on a new build, which has guaranteed never ever seen this quest for real, so it cannot be cached anywhere. The text has to be generated from within the game somewhere.

We love our new CM.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove

Lightbulb

Could it be what your miller is thinking about while trying to blank out the perpetual mundanity of milling?

Last edited by Hairy; 09.10.13 at 02:08.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Great, it just happened to me ~ish. I'd pressed 'return' instead of a keypad number earlier, knocking out the functionality of keyboard shortcuts. I got bored of dragging my way around my island so I did an F5 refresh.

My mouse cursor was up in the top-right ninth of the screen while the map was loading, and I got the tooltip "SWWO min"

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    I have also gotten the massage from time to time. As it didn't affect my gameplay, I didn't think more of it.

Reply to Thread