Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] The Golem Halloween Invasion

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave231 View Post
    Could somebody clear up the mechanics of golem killing for me?

Is it like buffing a building... select, say, marbles from star menu then click on the golem?

Can friends help kill your golem in the same way they can buff your buildings?

If so, who gets the pumpkins?

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairy View Post

Friends can help kill your golems when visiting you, and inadvertently break your own golem quest chain by killing your first golem before the quests become active.

As for who gets the pumpkins for killing golems, I'd like to think the island's owner would get the pumpkins, but I wouldn't be surprised if BB find a new & imaginative way to mess that up, so wait and see...
    Yes the persons who's island it is got the pumpkins not the friends helping them kill them
    and yes that is the main worry wouldn't want to mess up anyone's quest chain that's why i feel everyone should at least kill their 1st ones

on test server i was onto killing my 15th golem they are unlimited i thought
    from the resources needed at level 5 they stayed the same on test server all way through to my 15th
    Im just going to kill as many as i can.
    already have some water/wheat/marble saved up in preparation also I had been approached my many members of sandy cove asking is i would be in G4 again to help organize things
    as long as we can get the 1st one one everyone's island killed at least for to reach the 100% server goal i feel anything after that is for personal gain of pumpkins.

The server rewards on test for reaching 100% was 100 pumpkins and a fabulous golden golem statute like so.....

Quote Originally Posted by lulu10093 View Post
    Just had a crazy thought what about nutters like me still considering killing all 10, maybe we get a special prize like a golden golem statue that we can place on our island in the lake
    just to show how silly and mad we are hehe
    I really want a golden golem

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Alpaca View Post
    He's a cutie, isn't he?

Best,
    BB_Alpaca
    found here

OMG all i can say is how spooky is this posted on 14/9/13 by me just a crazy idea i had and look what appears in test server today

Maybe BB do listen to feedback sometimes

Also to kill 10 of them you needed these.
    worked out figures from test to kill 10 golems
    you now need :
    75500 marble or 151marble stacks
    56625 wheat or 226.5 stacks
    302000 water or 302 stacks

which is a lot less than it was beforehand

We can so do this even if we need more golems than 10 to do it.
    You get 10 pumpkins for 1st one
    20 for 2nd
    30 for 3rd
    40 for 4th and 50 for 5th
    then as the resources needed stayed the same from level 5 i got 50 pumpkins from the 5th to the 15th on test site

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    thank you Lulu, very informative, much appreciated, albeit no guarantee test server will be same as live server

its a pity BB couldn't have just given us clear information in the event announcement,

World
    Sandycove
    yeah thats the thing we can only go off what was on test for now
    but hopefully it wont be too different

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    I have a lvl 5 PH, which is almost always working on something. For this event, we're supposed to halt current PH production to make these buffs, to be able to defeat this golem. And for what? A few pumpkins, and the small possibility of getting a useless statue?

Are people seriously considering to participate?!?!?!?

BB, your first events were fun, the new ones with the server progress rubbish isn't...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    [Announcement] Halloween FAQ
    Dear Settlers,

We've received many questions already regarding the Halloween event and the Golem task. We'd like to deliver the answers to the most urgent questions with this update.
    How often does the Golem respawn?
    After the Golem is killed, the next one will show up on the home island after two days. Please note that while the tutorial quest related to the Golem is not finished, the Golem re-spawns faster.
    How do the collectible pumpkin items work?
    When the collectible items are being spawned on your home island, there is a chance that some of them will be replaced with collectible pumpkins. There is no guarantee that every collectible items spawn will consist of collectible pumpkins.

We will provide more information in this post when needed.

Happy settling!
    BB_Alpaca
    Looks like the golem killing spree is cancelled, depending on a players log in pattern 10-11 golems will be the max anyone can kill.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    After the Golem is killed, the next one will show up on the home island after two days. Please note that while the tutorial quest related to the Golem is not finished, the Golem re-spawns faster.
    What does this exactly mean, do we still get the appropriate reward for each golem if we skip doing the tutorial until one of the last days to get more golems to kill?
    So why should the golem re-spawn faster when tutorial isn´t finished?

We will provide more information in this post when needed.
    We need the information now since its going live tomorrow.
    "How good bad music and bad reasons sound when we march against an enemy"
    Nietzsche

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafnir View Post
    I have a lvl 5 PH, which is almost always working on something. For this event, we're supposed to halt current PH production to make these buffs, to be able to defeat this golem. And for what? A few pumpkins, and the small possibility of getting a useless statue?

Are people seriously considering to participate?!?!?!?

BB, your first events were fun, the new ones with the server progress rubbish isn't...

Don't take part then, carry on playing the way you usually do and let those of us who actually want to take part and have fun do so in peace. I am quite looking forwards to getting a "useless statue" especially as I missed out on a Mayan calendar decoration.

It is negativity like this that will stop Blue Byte from even attempting to do anything different in the future and then some will moan that there are no seasonal or special events.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Just to clearify for me.

worked out figures from test to kill 10 golems
    you now need :
    75500 marble or 151marble stacks
    56625 wheat or 226.5 stacks
    302000 water or 302 stacks

which is a lot less than it was beforehand

We can so do this even if we need more golems than 10 to do it.
    These numbers are those for my golem 1-10?
    "How good bad music and bad reasons sound when we march against an enemy"
    Nietzsche

World
    Sandycove
    yep thats what it was to kill 1st all way to killing 10th golem on test

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Gytha_Ogg View Post
    Don't take part then, carry on playing the way you usually do and let those of us who actually want to take part and have fun do so in peace. I am quite looking forwards to getting a "useless statue" especially as I missed out on a Mayan calendar decoration.

It is negativity like this that will stop Blue Byte from even attempting to do anything different in the future and then some will moan that there are no seasonal or special events.
    You talking about other peoples negativity has given me the greatest laugh all day.

Reply to Thread