Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] The Golem Halloween Invasion

jejelec
    50 pumpkins does not justify using 12 000 marbles. Sorry but i won t be doing any more golem killing. too bad

World
    Sandycove

is another week of halloween worth it ?

surely everyones pumpkin patches are running dry already . i know mine are .a whole week extra to kill a golem that is already too much res to be worth killing at the 5th one . there will be no pumpkins left by then except those from golems and gems . i was looking forward to trade returning to normal . i am a sad panda

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    I am not sure simply extending the Golem and collecting aspect of the event without extending the opening time of the merchant window is going to work out.

People will be collecting, and hoping, up until the last minute which will create chaos in trade and leave plenty of people with leftover pumpkins they couldn't or tried to be missed the window to spend. I think it will end up leaving a sour taste in people's mouths, imho.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Another week of the golem, oh what joy, no really have we not been through enough??!

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Fexno View Post
    Please note the use of macros may result in an immediate ban from the game as stated in the rules
    You managed to dodge the point completely, but if you want to discuss macros, I'll discuss macros.

Three important points about macros. Note that this is hypothetical and I'm not actually using them in reality.

1) Making a macro to bypass having to drag the same slider 1000 times is not "cheating" in a sense that it would get me ahead in the game. It simply makes the abysmally flawed UI a little bit more tolerable.

2) The "immediate ban" is an empty threat. If a decent UI (not full of tragic beginner mistakes) is beyond the developers' skills, there is no way they will be able to code sophisticated macro detection through a web browser. That would be much harder.

3) Quests and such should be related to the player's available resources and such - not their patience towards repetitively clicking the same menu.

Now there are two different ways to approach this issue:

A) Make a sensible UI. No 2500 increments, or at least no individual sets (just type in I want 10 sets of water buckets and queue it up with a single command). No silly delays between buffs. No 100 clicks just to fill a deposit somewhat. Etc etc etc. We all know all this so I won't explain all of it. This is fundamental gameplay stuff, basic design that could be done many times over with the energy currently wasted on designing unsatisfactory golem quests and whatnot.

Result: players will not need macros, game is more pleasant to play, quests are more fun.

B) Keep the lousy UI, instead spend time making more pointless quests and buildings nobody likes, ignore player feedback, throw empty threats at players who want a sensible UI.

Result: nothing changes, game is still mediocre at best.

The choice should be obvious, yet the devs choose option B. That is a depressingly stupid thing to do.
    Last edited by Juhana_III; 29.10.13 at 16:15.

Architect of the Empire Sinister-King's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hello Juhana_III,

Running a macro may seem enticing but unfortunately as Fexno pointed out it is against the rules.

Anyone reported to be using one will be investigated and dealt with accordingly, such activity is detectable.

Lets not sway off-topic, if you have a game suggestion please post in the appropriate category .

Sinister-King

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    My post was in regards to the golem event, and thus appropriate to the topic of Golem event news feedback, in my opinion.

I did note Fexno's empty threat (in fact I responded to it), so repeating it is not necessary. We'll just agree to disagree on BB's abilities on such matter. Have a nice day!

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Is there a reward for a player defeating all golems?
    At this stage throwing 12k marble at a golem for 50 pumpkins hardly seems worth the effort considering I can sell 10k marble for ~60 pumpkins.....

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    So we have been given a week to gain extra pumpkins with phase 1 of the event end now taking place at the time of phase 2. HELLO did somebody forget that during the week the store remains open that we was supposed to be given a chance of converting unused marbles, ropes & buckets back into marble, wheat & water. Or do BB expect us to waste any remaining heart breaker resources on the last golem knowing we have neither time, resources or inclination to kill just one more.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    can anyone inform me how much more golem''s we had left I'm asking cos i want to know how much more event buf''s to build in the provision house ?

Reply to Thread