View Poll Results: Do you want these longer buffs?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

34 80.95%
  • No

8 19.05%
  • Don't know.

0 0%
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Time to resurface the old "longer buffs" suggestion.

World
    Sandycove
    I think you have a very good suggestion Scraptheold, and +1 from me. However given that most of the skill tree`improvements' are working in the opposite direction i.e. making nice working slots shorter and often less convenient for regular log on players, rather than continuous players. I have to think that it is a strategic decision of BB to do this, and therefore not likely to be implemented.
    There are a lot of players that have moaned that BB devs must not play the game with what they sometimes force upon us, I think that they play too much within a work context with too many freebies at there disposal. ( If you ever need proof of this just look at the prebuilt test island and ask yourself why would anyone who knows the need for efficient production on which the game is based, place decorations ( that can not be moved) in such key production area's. And that is one of many anomalies that can be seen there). If they have access to the more `expensive/gem based' ( Lucky charm/flying settler/ exotic baskets) buffs which already cover longer periods, for free in their `development games' they obviously don't understand why we could possibly need something that is more cost balanced, sustainable and time convenient, with our own island production/playing.
    A nicely thought out suggestion anyway, good luck with it.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Saraptheold View Post
    I am not suggesting that we introduce a buff queue. ... Not everyone can afford to buy the x3 buffs from the black market every day either. Yes there are new buffs available made from collectables, but we won't be able to make that many of them. ...
    Ok, I was a little hasty, I'm sorry.

So, from my viewpoint this game is aimed to build a sustainable and effective economical system. In this context there is not so big difference between feeder and long lasting buff --- even if latter is smoothly implementable. Buffs are not resources, but instruments of "manual" intervention, so they should be rarely used. A chain could be builded thrifty, then if the production get stuck, may come the buffs. Or, can be used more material and some calculations. As a result production goes smoothly, and does not require more care. (Cost of buffs can be saved, so in long term this will be the cheaper solution.) This method use buffs temporarily only on a quest require or period of restructuring because of new building type on same resource or demand of more products. But, if your production is buff-driven, can't do so much.

The goal of this approach to minimaze the interactions. There are some inevitable "manual" role, e.g. search of mines, replant wheatfields, but beyond these the system can work by itself, and only in "critical" situation intervene. It sounds like maximized automatisation, so can be asked, then why not automating buff-feeding? Because the continuous use of buffs makes them resource-like, also the longer duration is a more resource-like behavior. And, as a result, system works like there were not buffs, you can not make extra production when it is needed.

At the very beginning I made a mistake. I was happy with fishplates, and immediatelly buffed the fishermen --- and after a while I've seen, buff consumes more than produces. So production must be a little overdriven, and buffs should be the accumulation of overproduction --- what can be backfeeded to weaker chains until reach them balance; as an instrument of resource/product transformation (similar to trade). And from this point of view does not meter the duration, that is only a convenience aspect. That aspect can be important in everyday, but buffs shouldn't be used each and every day, and you must care its costs.

Imho, there are too much buffs already, so many of us blinded by them gleam, what eventuate a lot of unnecessary interaction (and spend of gems). The other argument why not new buff, is diversity. I don't see so much fantasy in new items on same old schemas. If any new item comes, it must bring some new aspect, to make the game more sophisticated, more fun.

Well, that was a bit long, but I hope it helps to clarify the common misconception of buffs.
    ------
    This is a good place to diskuss on buffs, so I thank the opportunity. I hope, this will be long lasting

World
    Newfoundland
    why not add the possibility to accumulate the time to buff? if they can not introduce new ones, could be an interesting opportunity to accumulate time: your friend can make 2-3 times the buff on the same structure and the time builds up,for example if he use 3 times irma's basket on the building, it structure remains "buffed" for 27h.
    if in this way it's too complicated because all others buff may become obsolete, BB can limit 2 max buff for same building

Norway - Birthland of giants......and trolls.
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Alumini View Post
    why not add the possibility to accumulate the time to buff? if they can not introduce new ones, could be an interesting opportunity to accumulate time: your friend can make 2-3 times the buff on the same structure and the time builds up,for example if he use 3 times irma's basket on the building, it structure remains "buffed" for 27h.
    if in this way it's too complicated because all others buff may become obsolete, BB can limit 2 max buff for same building
    Because then everybody would buff with a lot of fishplates and save the bread and sausages. I personally would love stacked buffs/ buff queue, but we would have to change the entire way lower levels buffs are made and that would be unfair to new players that can't produce sausages or some not even bread. Easier to introduce a longer lasting buff that has an increased price per minute (costs brew in addition to fish, bread and sausage.)

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    why not add the possibility to accumulate the time to buff?
    While there is not such building produces time, no source to make buff from.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    Pleased to see that others also interested in the topic. But the not final result of voting suggest me, I was not convincing enough. :-s So now I'll take a rest, meditate, sleep and try to find out some good and clear argument, perhaps immerse in the details, don't know. But come back... 8-|

World
    Newfoundland
    Ahahah Brankovics
    Thanks both The main core of my idea is we cannot add more than 2 buff at the same time, so the overall buff time became:
    fishplate: 90 minutes
    sandwich: 6h
    irma: 18h
    however i agree with you :
    Quote Originally Posted by Saraptheold View Post
    Easier to introduce a longer lasting buff that has an increased price per minute (costs brew in addition to fish, bread and sausage.)
    It's an interesting idea, more buff, more things to do...more fun But we have also to consider than BB has already introduced a new kind of buff you can produce through collectibles..

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Brankovics View Post
    Pleased to see that others also interested in the topic. But the not final result of voting suggest me, I was not convincing enough. :-s So now I'll take a rest, meditate, sleep and try to find out some good and clear argument, perhaps immerse in the details, don't know. But come back... 8-|
    You might have better luck if you use simpler language. I have not been able to grasp any of the arguments I've seen you make in any of the suggestion threads so far.
    EVO is recruiting.
    Players of all levels and experiences welcome. We like to teach.
    Take a look at our recruitment thread, or send me a PM if you're interested.
    Join the evolution today!

Norway - Birthland of giants......and trolls.
    World
    Newfoundland
    But we have also to consider than BB has already introduced a new kind of buff you can produce through collectibles..
    I have considered it, but to make production buffs you need cauldrons, and if you have the time to do that many adventures, you are probably one of those who don't need longer buff times.
    And I didn't see the limit of 2 buffs in the queue. That would be possible I guess. Still I'm also trying to convince BB that they can make more money if they introduce a longer buff and while less micro gives us time to spend more gems on adventures, it doesn't increase the demands for silos, water mills and friaries.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Why do you assume that we would all spend gems on adventures.

Reply to Thread