View Poll Results: Do you want these longer buffs?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

34 80.95%
  • No

8 19.05%
  • Don't know.

0 0%
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Time to resurface the old "longer buffs" suggestion.

Norway - Birthland of giants......and trolls.
    World
    Newfoundland

Time to resurface the old "longer buffs" suggestion.

I see that a lot of people want buff queues. I am one of them. At the same time I see that it would seriously change todays buff economy, unless we change what resources we use for buffs. If I have the time to be online more often, I would use the buff queue system so that I only used fish platters. That would give me less need for bread and sausages and BB would make less money on silos and deer stalkers.
    Still, the thing I'm really interested in is buffs that lasts while I'm at work and sometimes I like to sleep more than 6 hours. Some of us prefer to buff our own buildings and even if most buff buddies are reliable, their buffs still only lasts 9 h. I have a 12 hour work day. Most have between 6 and 8 hours workdays, but some (not all) of those with shorter work days sometimes need to pick the dog up at school, get the kids to the vet, forget the kids at the vet, stop to think why they are taking the cat to ballet class(?) and have their dayly five-o-clock-nervous-breakdown. After that they may want to relax by playing, settlers but usually end up buffing settlers, because the buffs you applied to a friend before you went to work has run out and he's nagging at you for being late and makes threats about changing buff buddies so you have your dayly eight-o-clock-nervous-breakdown instead of relaxation. (Ok,that was a little over the top, but some of you know that feeling )

What I'm suggesting is a "new" buff. (I said new buff, not new suggestion.)

Today we have:
    Fishplates~Cost: 10 fish Lasts: 30/45 min.
    Sandwiches~Cost: 40 fish 20 bread Lasts: 2/3 hrs
    Basket~Cost: 120 fish 60 bread 20 sausages Lasts: 6/9 hrs
    Even if each buffs price increase more than the time the buff lasts the baskets seem to be the most popular. So I suggest a new buff.

Let's call it
    "A Full Meal At The Tavern"~Cost: 480 fish 240 bread 80 sausages 240 brew Lasts: 24/36 hrs (I know that on most servers brew is cheaper than bread, but with one more area of use that may change. So the same amount for brew as bread)

It will increase the need for beer, so more people might want to buy friaries, water mills and silos. That's income for BB and will make them happy. Those who don't want to use their brew this way, still have the 6/9 hrs buffs. We who use most of the time we have available here buffing and micromanaging will perhaps have more time to actually do adventures like "Invasion of the Nords" wich costs a few gems. That would make make us and BB happy. Those who actually buys the buffs in the black market would still have the benefit of x3-buffs over x2-buffs.

IMO it's a win-win situation. What do you say?

I'm fully aware that some of you will disagree with me, and I hope I'm mentally ready for a little flaming and trolling now. But if you do like the suggestion, go to the top of the page, use the "Rate this thread" button and give me some stars, baby!

Edit: Made it into a poll to see what the people who dont reply think of it.
    Last edited by Saraptheold; 10.10.13 at 20:46.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    first of all, +1 from me about your idea. but I also need not only 2x buff, but also higher rate production that could produced at tavern.
    I propose the current Buff, (Fish plates, Sandwiches, Basket) can be upgraded with additional cost using brew (and/or maybe saltpeter) into "upgraded version".

(Standard Buff) + Brew = (Standard Buff) Meal --> Time +50%.
    (Standard Buff) + Saltpeter = Delicious (Standard Buff) --> Production multiplier +1.
    (Standard Buff) + Brew + Saltpeter = Full Course (Standard Buff) --> Time x2 and production x4.
    (Standard Buff) Meal + Saltpeter / Delicious (Standard Buff) + Brew = Full Course (Standard Buff)

BUT, I really hoped that we could queue the buff we apply to production building.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Most have between 6 and 8 hours workdays, but some (not all) of those with shorter work days sometimes need to pick the dog up at school, get the kids to the vet, forget the kids at the vet, stop to think why they are taking the cat to ballet class(?) and have their dayly five-o-clock-nervous-breakdown.
    I don't think it will change. it is to fundamental to gold production. the thread about settlers on android in general is genuine. try "puffin Browser". its clunky on my HTC, but I can get major buffs re-started in my lunch hour.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Trugarth View Post
    I don't think it will change. it is to fundamental to gold production. the thread about settlers on android in general is genuine. try "puffin Browser". its clunky on my HTC, but I can get major buffs re-started in my lunch hour.
    Settlers on android is a good idea for buffing and sending out geos while you're sitting the bus, but not when you're sitting behind the wheel of a car full of kids. And some workplaces have very strict policies about gaming during working hours. While I support it, it doesn't quite offer what everybody needs/wants. Neither does my suggestion, so why not go for both. What I have proposed isn't really new. I'm just trying (hoping against hope that they will ever read this more like it ) to get BB to see that they actually can make money of it. I think they could make more money by making it more available on other devices than PC's too. Btw thanks for the tip on "puffin browser". It's not for me, but others might find it useful.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    I thought about the 6 hour sleep. haha. too depressing. x

World
    Newfoundland
    I find it a bit strange that so few are interested in this. 100% for yes so far, but we would probably need more than 4 votes to call it a representative result.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    I think it has to do with the gaming of settlers, seem the makers want to you to be all online. This is like a drug that slowloy eats you...

A game like this should be a bit more carefree.

I agree with you, and say another think. What is the bigger problem now. Apart from bugs/lag etc.
    GETTING SOMEONE TO BUFF YOU.

I wake up to go to work, and cannot waste 30-40minutes till i get someone. Honestly i dont know how that idea got in the first place, why friends buffing is +50%. Just make all buffs on you island +50%, and stop giving this option to friends. and find for the friends another use, dont worry there are always things to do and help each other. But not in such a addiction level.

I hate each day, trying to find someone. Then writing down the list. Then saying, oops you missed that, i dont want that, can you come back in 5 minutes etc... Just let me do my island.
    Case solved

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    So, just for the accuracy. We have far more buffs; some of them may be produced in Mayor's House Collections, others buyable from merchant by gems or guild coins (consequently also in TO), and also arrive some as adventure or event items. Them endurance and effect so varied: often they last for 12-48 hours; tipically triple, quadruple the production; some of them specialized for only one resource, others are useable on every buildings; even there are refillers as a special type of buffs. They are so many, there is not needed also pointless to list them.

Imho, there is no need for new buffs for the reason above, also contraindicated any buff queue. Why? Due to the nature of the game. You must adapt to the conditions, the environment, and the result shows how creative you are in this. Such queue eventuates the use of the most cheapest buff, so the fishplate, also eliminates the need for sofisticated coordination with friends --- also act buffs as a second/third resource, if it stops the production when buffs not available anymore or queue depleted.

Forcing the proposal of such automation means the claim of progress without achievement.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    And one more argument, just to better illuminate the situation. It is good enough to use a flishplate just before a production cycle ends (before the little settler starts from its building to storehouse). It is a meaningful option specially on long term production, e.g. cannon forge, damascene weaponsmith or some event building (longer than half hour cycles). Due to the inconvenience of so frequent feeding it is better to use longer term buffs --- but this convenience has to be paid. A buff feeder would nullify the calculations and production finetuning aimed an efficient and sustainable economic system.

In other words. If you examine the buildings, there are production schemes differentiated by its resources: searcheable resources (stone, marble and ore mines), buildable (wheatfields, wells) and refillable sources (automatically: forests; by hand: fish shoal, wild deposit). Latters are similar to buffs, also the fillers can be made in Provision house. The other buffs (fishplate, sandwich, aunt's basket, harvest ritual, exotic fruit, cookies, and so on) are NOT resources, them effect is based on a building production, and such claim a special calculation and "manual intervention". An automatic feeder or so call buff queue would abolish this difference, making poorer the game.

So my vote is an explicit NO.
    Last edited by Brankovics; 12.10.13 at 11:32. Reason: some mistype

World
    Newfoundland
    @Brancovic. I am not suggesting that we introduce a buff queue. I just explained that I understand why we can't have one without changing the entire economy of the game.

What I am suggesting is a longer lasting buff. One that cost more per minute than a basket in the same way a basket cost more per minute than a sandwich and a sandwich cost more per minute than a fishplate.

For a lot of players logging on as often as every 9 hours is not an option, not to mention every six hours. Not everyone can afford to buy the x3 buffs from the black market every day either. Yes there are new buffs available made from collectables, but we won't be able to make that many of them.

For many of us every chance we have to log on is used to find new deposits and buff buildings. What I'm suggesting is the opportunity to reduce our micro management a little so we have the chance to do other things. Like adventures. (Wich at least I'm willing to spend gems on) I believe in the long run that BB can get more income this way and that the game can be more enjoyable for the players that don't have that much time available to be online.

In short this thread is not to promote buffing queues, but to promote a normal x2 buff that lasts longer.

It is still good to see that not only the ones that agree with me reads and replys to this thread. So thank you for your contribution.

Reply to Thread