Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: [Guide] Halloween Event 2013

World
    Newfoundland
    I refreshed game and now have buttons.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Anybody know which of the quests is the 'tutorial quest'. The one that, if you don't finish it, makes the golems respawn faster?

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Will we be getting the purple-ish shadow over the whole island like last year's Halloween event? Not the buffs you use on other people's buildings, but well a shadow over the island, as if its night.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugglesx View Post
    Anybody know which of the quests is the 'tutorial quest'. The one that, if you don't finish it, makes the golems respawn faster?
    This from the [Announcement] Halloween FAQ is really terribly unclear:

How often does the Golem respawn?
    After the Golem is killed, the next one will show up on the home island after two days. Please note that while the tutorial quest related to the Golem is not finished, the Golem re-spawns faster.
    It doesn't mean you can kill more Golems to get more Pumpkins if you don't complete the quests before destroying the first one, to get the Reward of 10 Pumpkins you must complete the quests "Preparations", "Slippery Ground", "Practice Run", and "The Fire Brigade (Defeat Golem #1)" step by step and "Claim Reward" when each step is done.

It means that if Golem #1 is defeated before the quest chain is complete a fresh Golem should turn up before two days have passed so the chain can be finished and the reward claimed. Replacement Golem #1 should appear fairly quickly on completing "Preparations" (reach level 19) or if the reward for "Preparations" has been claimed but he's been demolished before the rest of the quests are done.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 17.10.13 at 08:20.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Xadro View Post
    Will we be getting the purple-ish shadow over the whole island like last year's Halloween event? Not the buffs you use on other people's buildings, but well a shadow over the island, as if its night.
    It doesn't look like there is any *purple* Night this year, though for some mysterious reason there is a Solar Flare in the Merchant. o.O

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    I defeated the Gollem (#1) straight away before the quest to kill him was there. In that case you don't receive any pumpkins, because you only get pumpkins for killing a gollem that is part of a quest. The gollem I killed was replaced by the same gollem (same amount of hearts to kill it), so all in all I lost the resources used to kill it the first time.

Not accepting quests when finish will not let the gollem respawn any faster in my opinion, but haven't tested it any further...

World
    Northisle
    Can the Improved Storehouse be upgraded?

World
    Sandycove
    yes
    Retired settler, may 2012 - oktober 2017

World
    Sandycove
    can pumpkins be found on treasure searches, and if so does it have to be any specific length search ?
    tyvm to any1/all that reply to my enquiry ^_^
    He who speaks often, knows little;
    Those that know, speak rarely.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by DUNJAI View Post
    can pumpkins be found on treasure searches, and if so does it have to be any specific length search ?
    tyvm to any1/all that reply to my enquiry ^_^
    This question is already answered in the Frequently Asked Questions post: http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...l=1#post240884 under the question "Can the Explorer find Pumpkins?"

Reply to Thread