Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Guide] Halloween Event 2013

World
    Newfoundland

[Guide] Halloween Event 2013

Welcome to the ultimate guide with everything you need to know about the Halloween Event 2013!
    If you think I forgot something, think something should be added or if you spot any mistakes, please feel free to advise me!
    A special thanks to Iolanthe and Fexno for helping me with information for this as well!

Please note this is a player made guide and may contain errors

Start of the Event: 17th October

End of the first phase : 7th 14th November
    No new Halloween quests will be able to be started and the Golem on your home island will no longer re-appear after being defeated. Collectible pumpkins will also disappear.
    All other event-related content will still be available: the Halloween shop category, graphics, music etc.

End of the second phase: 14th November
    The whole event will be deactivated: all running Halloween quests will be canceled, the Halloween shop category will be deactivated, all Golems will disappear from home islands, graphics will be restored to default ones etc.

Navigation:

Halloween Links:
    Last edited by Fexno; 06.11.13 at 10:59.
    I'm more than likely working right now.

World
    Newfoundland
    Frequently Asked Questions
    • What is a "Sematary", shouldn't it be Cemetery?
      Well... yes, but there is a book from Stephen King called "Pet Sematary" after a fictional child's misspelling... Wouldn't be recommending it for the PEGI-7's.

• Why can't I complete "Slippery Ground", the quest to make Marbles?
      "Marbles" are a special item made from Marble in the Event tab of the Provisions House, producing regular Marble or Lonely Marble Blocks won't satisfy the quest.

• How many Golems must I defeat to help get the server reward?
      Just the first one, if enough people defeat their first Golem everyone gets 100 extra Pumpkins and a decorative Golden Golem Statue. Don't forget to "Claim Reward" to get your Pumpkins.

• What is the progress bar in the "Golems" quest counting?
      The goal is 100% of an unknown number, the progress bar is tracking the percentage progress of the server as a whole. Different servers have different goals.

• How many players exactly must defeat their first Golem to get the server rewards?
      We don't know and BB isn't saying anything beyond:

Quote Originally Posted by Dev Diary
      Each game world has an individual goal that is calculated based on the game world's economy.
    • I've defeated my first Golem and don't have a new one! Where is he?
      After the Golem is killed, the next one will show up on the home island after two days.

• How many Golems will appear on my Island?/Can I kill them all?
      The Golem will keep coming back every two days until the end of the first phase of the event (7th November) no matter how many times you defeat him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev Diary
      If your game world reaches its goal, you can still defeat your remaining Golems until the first removal phase takes place.
    • Do Golems keep getting stronger forever?
      Golem #5 is as hard they get, all Golems after 5 have the same stats as #5 and the same reward of 50 Pumpkins.
      See Defeating Golems

• Why can I use orange (Marbles) Heartbreakers on purple (Water Buckets) hearts but not the other way around?
      Each type of Heartbreaker can be used on the hearts that come after it but it will do much less damage. To do the most damage use orange Heartbreakers on orange hearts, red (pink) on red and purple on purple.

See Defeating Golems

• Can friends help each other defeat Golems?
      Yes, attacking a friend's Golem works just like attacking your own. Just remember they might still be on their first Golem and working on the quest chain. Defeating that Golem too early may mean they have to start over.

• If a friend defeats my Golem who gets the Pumpkins?
      You do. When the owner of the Golem completes the quest by "Claiming Reward" the Pumpkins go straight into storage.

• Where do I find Pumpkins?
      At any level you can buy Pumpkin Fields from the Merchant for a few resources, complete certain quests, or buy them in the Merchant for gems. Depending on your level you can also trade for them, find them as Collectibles that will appear randomly on your Island as part of your collectibles "Collect All" quest, defeat your Golems, and try your luck with certain Adventures that have a chance to give Pumpkins in loot.

• Can the Explorer find Pumpkins?
      No.

• How can I tell if there's a collectible Pumpkin on my Island?
      The Pumkins are counted in the "Collect All" quest but there is nothing that says one has appeared, you have to find each collectible to know.

• I have collected all my Collectibles but there were no Pumpkins, where are they?
      There is a chance of some Pumpkins in each set of Collectibles, they do not appear every time.

• Which Adventures give Pumpkins?
      Roaring Bull, Motherly love, Wild Mary, Gunpowder, Surprise Attack and Bandit Nest may give Pumpkins in loot.

• I've done an Adventure that says it gives pumpkins but didn't get any. Why?
      There is only a chance of Pumpkins from the adventures listed above, they don't give Pumpkins every time. When they do give Pumpkins the amount can vary.

• Does Premium time affect Pumpkins in adventure loot?
      Yes. If Premium is active and there are Pumpkins in your loot you'll get 50% extra in the Premium bonus.

• My Pumpkin Field has collapsed, can I buy more?
      Pumpkin Fields are limited to three of each type, Small, Common, and Noble. When they're gone they're gone.

• Do Omni Deposits refill Pumpkin Fields?
      No. (Omni Deposits are only almost-Omni.)

• What does the Grim Reaper General do?
      The Grim Reaper General has a different icon in the Star menu but he is just like a Battle Hardened General. The Reaper holds 200 troops, travels to and from Adventures twice as fast as a Tavern General, fights twice as fast and heals twice as fast.

• If I have leftover Heartbreakers at the end of the event what can I do with them?
      When the event is over clicking extra Heartbreakers on the Mayor's House will return the resources used to make them directly to your storage.

• Event Window Text with footnotes
      Spoiler
      The Halloween Event is all about gathering pumpkins. There are many ways to earn pumpkins, whether they're rewards for completing adventures and quests, or as collectibles. The most common way is through pumpkin fields (1), which can be bought at the *trader in different sizes and speeds. Another possibility is from monsters spawning in your zone. (2) You have to defeat a certain amount of these monsters together with the other players on your sever to reach your server goal, and earn a huge amount of pumpkins. To defeat this monster, you'll have to defeat his hearts. For that you have to produce buffs in your provision house. Each buff will be particularly effective against a particular heart, as indicated by the colors. If you have some buffs left, you can use them to help your friends, use them on other, different color hearts (with less effectiveness), or you can redeem them after the Event by using them on the mayor's house. **When you defeat your first monster, you'll have contributed towards the server goal, but your job will not be over. After a certain period of time, the monster will re-spawn and you can try to defeat it again. But be careful, for the monster will grow stronger the more it re-spawns! After gathering pumpkins (3) through finishing adventures, defeating monsters, as collectibles, completing quests or trading, it's time to spend them on some cool items from the *trader (4). Beside a spooky looking general you can also obtain rare buildings and buffs. So, prepare yourself for the best Halloween ever! Note: The following adventures can give pumpkins as reward: Roaring Bull, Mother[ly] love, Mad [Wild] Mary, Gunpowder, Surprise Attack and Bandit nest.

* trader = Merchant ("Trader" is the old name.)
      ** Defeating the first Golem helps your server reach the goal of 100%, all Golems after are for fun.
    Last edited by Fexno; 17.10.13 at 07:02.

World
    Newfoundland
    Defeating Golems

Heartbreakers

Heartbreakers are made in the Event tab of the Provisions House, each Heartbreaker has a damage count for each heart. You can see below which Heartbreakers do damage to which hearts and how much those Heartbreakers cost to produce.

PLEASE NOTE: Heartbreakers can also be used on hearts that come after their matching heart but they do much less damage. To do the most damage for the least cost use orange Heartbreakers on orange hearts, red on red and purple on purple.

Marbles
    Cost: 20 Marble
    Production Time: 100 Seconds (Level 1 Provision House) - 20 Seconds (Level 5 Provision House)
    Damage per heart: 100 Orange, 50 Red, 30 Purple

Ropes
    Cost: 10 Wheat
    Production Time: 100 Seconds (Level 1 Provision House) - 20 Seconds (Level 5 Provision House)
    Damage per heart: 100 Red, 50 Purple

Bucket of Water
    Cost: 40 Water
    Damage per heart: 100 Purple

Attacking the Golem: Click the Golem then click the Heartbreaker you wish to use. When the new window opens adjust the slider bar to choose how many Heartbreakers to send and click "Send".

Golems

There is a quest for each Golem in the Quest Book, remember to "Claim Reward" after each Golem you defeat (You want those pumpkins!). When the 1st Golem is defeated you have helped reach the server goal, all the other Golems are just for fun, and you'll get more pumpkins when claiming the reward. Don't panic if a new Golem doesn't pop up immediately, when a Golem is defeated a new one appears in two days. If the 1st Golem is defeated before you are on the "The Fire Brigade" quest, it will reappear sooner (as a fresh 1st Golem)

1st Golem
    1,000 - Heart 1 (Orange)
    1,500 - Heart 2 (Red)
    2,000 - Heart 3 (Purple)

Reward: 10 Pumpkin

2nd Golem
    1,500 - Heart 1 (Orange)
    2,250 - Heart 2 (Red)
    3,000 - Heart 3 (Purple)

Reward: 20 Pumpkin

3rd Golem
    3,000 - Heart 1 (Orange)
    4,000 - Heart 2 (Red)
    6,000 - Heart 3 (Purple)

Reward: 30 Pumpkin

4th Golem
    12,000 - Heart 1 (Orange)
    18,000 - Heart 2 (Red)
    24,000 - Heart 3 (Purple)

Reward: 40 Pumpkin

5th Golem+
    60,000 - Heart 1 (Orange)
    90,000 - Heart 2 (Red)
    120,000 - Heart 3 (Purple)

Reward: 50 Pumpkin
    (this Golem will continue to reappear
    indefinitely until the end of the event)
    Last edited by Fexno; 17.10.13 at 12:11.

World
    Newfoundland
    Halloween Event Merchant Items

Small Pumpkin Sematary

Required level: 1 - Max: 3 per player
    Costs: 50 Stone - 100 Pinewood Plank
    Given: Small Pumpkin Sematary

Common Pumpkin Sematary

Costs: 150 Marble - 200 Hardwood Plank
    Given: Common Pumpkin Sematary

Noble Pumpkin Sematary

Costs: 10 Granite - 25 Exoticwood Plank
    Given: Noble Pumpkin Sematary

Grim Reaper General

Required level: 15 - Max: 1 per player
    Costs: 1560 Pumpkin
    Given: Grim Reaper General

Zombie

Required level: 1
    Costs: 96 Pumpkin
    Given: Zombie

Mr. Myers

Required level: 14
    Costs: 24 Pumpkin
    Given: Mr. Myers

Overgrown Ruin

Costs: 264 Pumpkin
    Given: Overgrown Ruin

Collapsed Wall (north)

Given: Collapsed Wall (north)

Collapsed Wall (west)

Given: Collapsed Wall (west)

Pumpkins

Costs: 60 Gems
    Given: 50 Pumpkin

A Basket of Pumpkins

Costs: 360 Gems
    Given: 300 Pumpkin

Frank and Stein

Required level: 17
    Costs: 90 Pumpkin
    Given: 1,000 Marble Deposit Refill

Tomb

Costs: 420 Pumpkin
    Given: Tomb

Silo

Required level: 13 - Max: 3 per player
    Costs: 600 Pumpkin
    Given: Silo

Improved Storehouse

Required level: 5 - Max: 3 per player
    Given: Improved Storehouse

Solar Flare

Required level: 1 - Max: 99 per player
    Costs: 1 Fish
    Given: Solar Flare

Village School

Level Required 1 - Max: 3 per player
    Given: Village school
    Last edited by Fexno; 16.10.13 at 21:41.

World
    Sandycove
    Last edited by Fexno; 17.10.13 at 08:48.

World
    Sandycove
    The Golem

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinMasterEliot
    You know that awkward feeling you get when you’re carving your pumpkins, doing some magic potion brewing and are absentmindedly chanting some old spells you learned during your apprenticeship, when suddenly you invoke a giant golem in your garden and don’t know what to do with it? No? Oh… Well, nevertheless, do you think you could help me to get rid of this golem before he eats or tramples me… Er… I mean your settlers? There is just one teensy, tiny detail you should know before you begin, though… I’m afraid I may have summoned more than just one golem… In fact, I think I’ve summoned so many your neighbors and friends will probably have to join in the fight too. I need some time to prepare a banishing spell, and will need to seek out ingredients from all over the world. Each golem your neighbors defeat will buy me some time. If we all pull together, we should be able to clean up this mess! In fact, I think I already have an idea on how to beat the golem on your island.
    Quest requirements:
    • Unite and defeat the risen Golems.

Great work! You and your friends and neighbors defeated enough golems to help me collect the ingredients for my banishing spell!
    Reward: 100 Pumpkins - 1 Golden Golem Statue

Defeating your first Golem contributes toward reaching this server goal of 100% and the server reward of 100 Pumpkins and a Golden Golem Statue, all later Golems are for fun and extra Pumpkins. Don't forget to follow the quest chain in the Quest Book for the first Golem and "Claim Reward" after each step.
    Last edited by Fexno; 17.10.13 at 06:16.

World
    Sandycove
    Preparations

Before we can overcome the golem, we have to get you to a certain level. There’s no way you’ll be able to take him on as you are! Keep on leveling as you were, and I’ll come back to you when you’re ready.
    Quest requirements:
    • Reach level 19.

Great stuff – you reached the level we needed. Now, it’s time to prepare for the golem’s fall!
    Reward: 10 Pumpkins
    Last edited by Fexno; 17.10.13 at 06:15.

World
    Sandycove
    Slippery Ground

Listen here my friend, because I have a cunning plan. Things aren’t looking great as they stand. Our weapons cannot harm its stony-skin. Even our cannons are shrugged off like mosquito-bites. But there is another way to defeat him. What animates this golem is its inner fire. If we could extinguish it, it should freeze and turn into stone. But as long as it keeps wandering around, the fire will keep burning. What we need is a way to bring it down to the ground, and then keep it there for good. Because of its size we can’t use tripwires and pitfalls. But what we can do is make him slip. How? With thousands of *stone-marbles **of cause! Just tell your settlers to drop what they’re doing, and start producing marbles immediately! – Produce 100 marbles
    Quest requirements:
    • Produce at least 4 Marble(s).

Very well, this should be enough for a little test.
    Reward: 5 Pumpkins

* "stone-marbles" are actually called "Marbles" and are made in the Provision House Event tab from Marble, not Stone.
    ** "of cause" = of course
    Last edited by Fexno; 17.10.13 at 06:23.

World
    Sandycove
    Practice Run

Alright, now let’s test those marbles. Simply click on the golem and a new window will appear. You can use your marbles there.
    Quest requirements:
    • Decrease the health of the Golem's hearts.

Yeah, that’s how you do it! He’s already struggling with his balance!

See [Defeating Golems]
    Last edited by Fexno; 17.10.13 at 06:23.

World
    Sandycove
    The Fire Brigade (Golem #1)

Look, it works! The marbles are already starting to make it fall! Just imagine what a few thousand of them could do! Now all we need to do is produce enough marbles to bring him down completely. After that we need ropes to incapacitate him, and lots of water to extinguish his inner flame. – Defeat the golem by using enough marbles, ropes and water buckets on it.
    Quest requirements:
    • Destroy the golem by using enough Marbles, Ropes and Buckets of Water.

You did it, the Golem has been turned to stone! Now I can finally collect the first crucial piece for my spell: a chunk of its stony skin.

If this first Golem was destroyed before the tutorial quests were completed a replacement should be along before too long so that the quest chain can be finished. Once the tutorial chain is complete a new Golem appears every two days after the previous one is defeated.
    Last edited by Fexno; 17.10.13 at 06:14.

Reply to Thread