Reply to Thread

Thread: Bring back a lot of the old features !

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

Bring back a lot of the old features !

I have really enjoyed playing The Settlers series, so I thought I would have a go at the online version, there is an old saying that if it's not broken don't try to fix it, so much of the old version was "right" but for some reason the developers have decided to alter it beyond all recognition.

Distribution of goods in the old version was so easy, Settlers carried the goods from way post to way post, and the goods moved at a constant rate as they were demanded by the workers, now they just seem to wander around endlessly, then disappear, I've seen them walk into and across water, you also get cases where a workyard is right next to a well and is demanding water, the time it takes for a settler to get there is annoying.

The builders, seem to take longer to reach sites to build.

The actual number of resources each work yard can handle is confusing, just how many wheatfields can you have per farm !

The workyards can no longer "store" resources to stop them running out, no produce in their right mind would order one of anything, not even in the middle ages !

The training of troops is rediculous, it takes 20 horses to train one cavalry, 10 swords to train one militia ! thats just insane, and there is no promotion or veteran system, even the the battle system is ludicrous, one bandit leader on his own can stop 25 cavalry, c'mon please some reality !!

There are too many bugs/glitches to mention, the most obvious are in the tasks, apparently I need a coal production of between 0 and 12, so that must mean 1, yet when I send out my geologist, he says I already have enough deposits, I ended up having to trade for coal to get any !

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Oh and on the subject of tree stumps, can you not build in a system where they fade away over time, as if they rot, or at least allow a "site leveller" like you had in one version who would level a building site before it could be built on.

Reply to Thread