Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: pumpkin fields

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove

sematary's bugged

I planted my 9 sematary's and put all 9 to sleep. I have two issues the timer on the small and the medium is still counting down even though they are asleep. the second issue is one of the small semetary has already lost 8 pumpkins, which is a) not possible in the time they've been down and b) they are asleep so shouldn't be counting down anyway. submitted a bug report on the lost 8 i'll submit another for the timer.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    I can confirm this... just saw on noble fields. Look at time, pause field and wait 2 mins or so, resume and check timer... it was not paused at all.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    In EVERY building, even if you put it to sleep the timer continues until it reaches a few sec before the end of the cycle (the travel time) and then stops.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    All paused production buildings will run to just before they actually *produce*, that's normal. If you buff them before you wake them and give the buff a minute to take affect before clicking the "Work" button you'll get the buffed output. So unless something else is hinky with the timers you can pause a Cemetery (or other building,) go away for however long, come back, buff it, wait a minute, unpause it and get the extra buff-Pumpkins (or other resource.)

Last year there was a bug in the Cemeteries that kept randomly resetting the timers which made the smaller ones near impossible to buff but that was a bit different and more like the vanished 8.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Iolanthe View Post
    If you buff them before you wake them and give the buff a minute to take affect before clicking the "Work" button you'll get the buffed output
    I wait only 5 seconds and its fine

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Mine are bugged. The timers are screwy again and some of them don't seem to be giving me any pumpkins even though they reach the end of the production cycle

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Iolanthe View Post
    All paused production buildings will run to just before they actually *produce*, that's normal. If you buff them before you wake them and give the buff a minute to take affect before clicking the "Work" button you'll get the buffed output. So unless something else is hinky with the timers you can pause a Cemetery (or other building,) go away for however long, come back, buff it, wait a minute, unpause it and get the extra buff-Pumpkins (or other resource.)

Last year there was a bug in the Cemeteries that kept randomly resetting the timers which made the smaller ones near impossible to buff but that was a bit different and more like the vanished 8.
    Are you sure about this one? so you're saying that if you put the 8h field to sleep it will run till the timer reaches almost zero and then actually stop?

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedicter View Post
    I wait only 5 seconds and its fine
    Ha Fair point. I was using that vague sort of "I'll be there in a minute." is longer than "I'll be there in a second." sort of 'minute' but from the other side of the screen it does look pretty specific. Just make sure the buff's kicked in and you're good to go. And! I simulposted you earlier! My second time managing a simulpost today. Oops.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwydions_heir View Post
    Mine are bugged. The timers are screwy again and some of them don't seem to be giving me any pumpkins even though they reach the end of the production cycle
    Try to catch them at it, make a note of what you have in stock and double check it, if they are definitely not producing what and when they should "refresh, clear cache and cookies and relog" and if none of those help let Support know, that is a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by stefanceltare View Post
    Are you sure about this one? so you're saying that if you put the 8h field to sleep it will run till the timer reaches almost zero and then actually stop?
    Yep. If you'd like to test it out try it on a Well or Farm or any production building, the cycle will run to a few seconds before the end then pause, when you wake it the wee Settler will emerge and *wobble* on his way to the Storehouse to deliver the goods. Assuming it's building with a visible Settler. If it's building with an Invisi-Settler you can still see your stock increase.

Again though, if the timers are slipping on the Cemeteries things may get a little unpredictable. The above is how *pause* on well behaved buildings should work.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 17.10.13 at 21:30.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    I also have a problem; I've built 9 semataries, waited 5 minutes, and then put them all to sleep. When I returned, 2 of my Noble semataries lost 5 pumpkins (they now have 95 pumpkins). I'm sure I've paused all 9, and I haven't unpaused them yet.

Btw, I agree with Iolanthe that the other thing you reported isn't a bug, it's supposed to be like that.
    Last edited by seeKlord; 17.10.13 at 21:31.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

pumpkin fields

Hi all
    As everyone I decided to build pumpkin fields, and to have lv 1 and lv2 paused until I got time to get them producing, and to use fish plate as buff for last minutes. Last night I unpaused them just to get some of production time off, and paused them when I wanted to sleep (production time at half for lv2). This morning I unpaused them again, and behold they had full production bar, like they weren't paused during the night.
    So peeps if you wish to use fish plate, first apply it then unpause those fields.

Reply to Thread