Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Re: No golems !!!!!

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    The saddest thing is the lack of response from anyone, ok they have acknowledged that there's a problem, but little else, no timescales for everything to put right etc.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    3rd Golem plx!

World
    Newfoundland
    The most likely thing to happen is that they will extend the time of the event to allow for everyone to do it.
    At any rate, the 5th golem requires so much resources that by my calculations they are currently worth more than the value of the reward (on my server), therefore killing it is pointless.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Now i am missing a golem! I'm hoping it will spawn during today...

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    well at rate golems are appearing now, extending the event wouldn't really make a difference. Then there would just be more days where a golem doesn't show up on his appointment.

The 5th one is not the last golem. If people enjoy fighting golems, more should show up but they dont increase in power anymore. I'm not sure I even want to kill #5, it's a lot of resources, and I think the click-quotum will be reached before the golum would be dead. (oh something with *less clicks please*)

Anyway, a post on the login-screen, or an ingame mail with an update would be a good idea when so many people are effected and wondering what is going on. It's the same old "we are aware of the problem" again though. Yeah they're also discussing the colour of the whisper for several months (to name just 1 topic they fail to answer, let alone fix). So not much hope for real information. And it could very well be they just dont know whats going on, why it is not working for a part of the settlers.

But the good news: It keeps the developers busy. It's a relative harmless bugs, and they cant work on new ones now

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Just an idea but what about the developers posting a message on the login screen, or send an ingame mail? help is flooded by questions about the disappearing golums, support doesn't know whats going on.... is it really that hard to realize a little communication would be lots easier?

"Sorry, we made a mistake. We dont know yet what causes some golems to stay away. We're trying to locate the problem, and when we found the bug we can work on a fix. At the moment we cant tell you when everything will be working as intended, but we're doing all we can to give everyone a happy Halloween event. Sorry for the inconvenience, we'll keep you updated with our progress."

There, it's really not that hard to do. This morning I was sad my settlers still hadn't learned to rebuild fields, although I gave them enough schools and education. But it looks trying to learn the developers some very basic communication skills is just as hopeless.

Former Community Team Member Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Angua View Post
    Then I suggest you tell support that, as the response I've just had back is:

"At present we have no information on this subject. Should this change, you will find info on our website and/or our forum."
    I can 100% guarantee you we are currently working on the fix, which should come as soon as we can clear it fixes the problem. I will continue to give updates as I receive them. Again, we apologize for this inconvenience.

Best,
    BB_Alpaca

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    uhm... that's not really good enough Alpaca.

Trouble is, community managers & support often dont get info either. That's probably not the fault of support/community managers, but it's a problem for the game just the same.

Lots of people are wondering what is going on. Then it's the responsibility of the developers to stay on touch and give real information. Have they located the problem? Can they tell which players are effected, and maybe give them a refund? Do they know how to fix it, or is it still a puzzle?

See, we're not asking for the complete code and exact moment when the fix will go live. But just answering the questions above would give everyone a much better idea of what's going on and what we can expect. But I see BB sticks to it's old and much hated "you'll find out when it's ready" policy. Awesome.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    The best fix they can give now is to remove the 2 day wait, which should never have been put in place. People should be allowed to progress at their own pace.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    server is shut down for maintenance.... can it be?? are the golems coming back?

Reply to Thread