Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Guide] DT-Modification : Roaring Bull adventure

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpielein View Post
    This guide is VERY dangerous!

Even though it worked for me like 3 times in a row, today the following happened:

I did a perfect block on the 2nd witch tower and I did nothing wrong - the timing was absolutely perfect, the general B was just starting the attack when the Major entered the Red Zone, about 100 milliseconds earlier and he would have been intercepted - yet general B ended his battle before the Major, costing me 99 Elites and 50 Cavalry ...
    I agree this is the dangerous,

Just let u know i never fail once until now unless i assign wrong troop.
    Also do u have 1LB and 1A assign in major gen? it's dose help to reduce the time
    DT

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Duong_TonThat View Post

Also do u have 1LB and 1A assign in major gen? it's dose help to reduce the time
    Totally disagree about the fact that this is dangerous.

I've proposed this block quite long ago here: http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...l=1#post251233

And it is absolutely safe, at least to me.

Considering the probability of the major to lose ALL R and B and considering the probability where the block on both camps stands 100 seconds, there still are about 10 seconds of margin for the major to take down the tower.

The only dangerous case happens when one of the two blocks does NOT result in a victory, which is, however, insanely rare considering that there seriously is a probability UNDER the 1% of these blocks to fails. If these are considered risky blocks, every block proposed by tage must be considered dangerous then.

World
    Sandycove

I did not mean the block is dangerous, this block i do more than 100times, never FAIL

The danger I'm taking about, is lagging or assign wrong troop or attack wrong camp, it's happen to me several time,

SO CHECK, and double check before attack
    DT

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    DT,
    I always double-check and when I assign the wrong troops (which occasionally happens) I don't complain because I know what the root cause is.

There is a statistically insignificant chance of failure in the block.
    To use an analogy: Just because you don't hit the jackpot 1000 times in the lottery doesn't mean there is no jackpot.

Statistically, the block turns sour about 1 in 400 or so, but it still can happen.
    Many blocks on other adventures which have a zero percent chance of turning sour - and "can't happen" is a world's difference from "happens, though very rarely".

I have done over 40 RB myself, and I know when I mess up. But this isn't about messing up, this is about statistics.

The design permits inherent failure, that's a note of caution.
    It's not prohibitive, though: if you sell the lootspots, you recoup the losses anyway. Just lessens the profits.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    attack on last camp you just can go single Major with 210rec 60 cannon. + 1Rec block xD

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Tridom View Post
    attack on last camp you just can go single Major with 210rec 60 cannon. + 1Rec block xD
    Most player doing RB know it. Thanks. But 1R block required very accuracy.

With the block i provide can varies within 3flag
    DT

World
    Sandycove
    Addition update for MMA
    DT

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by bri0sheje View Post
    The only dangerous case happens when one of the two blocks does NOT result in a victory, which is, however, insanely rare considering that there seriously is a probability UNDER the 1% of these blocks to fails. If these are considered risky blocks, every block proposed by tage must be considered dangerous then.
    There's a combined chance of slightly under 0.2% that this block fails as only one of the conditions have to be fulfilled the probabilities of each is summed.

I consider any and all blocks where there is even a single outcome out of 5000 simulations as risky. I do not make guides using risky blocks. Tweak it until there is no chance of failure at all, or work out something else.
    Last edited by Saturnus72; 18.05.14 at 19:25.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Saturnus72 View Post
    There's a combined chance of slightly under 0.2% that this block fails as only one of the conditions have to be fulfilled the probabilities of each is summed.

I consider any and all blocks where there is even a single outcome out of 5000 simulations as risky. I do not make guides using risky blocks. Tweak it until there is no chance of failure at all, or work out something else.
    The block is not 100% safe but it's not consider risky
    Using this http://www.settlersonlinetools.com/en/combat_simulator/ show that win chance is 96-100% which lead to average 98%
    As bri0sheje said u fail the block if u loss(less than 2% chance).

According to the chance if u do 100adv u fail 2 (THIS IS NOT TRUE)
    I do more than 500 rb, have not fail yet.
    This also not mean i wont fail but i believe the 2% chance of loss is based on the minimal attack of ur troop. Mean it's very rare to loss(or fail)

NOTE: this is not encourage u to do both block, just the discussion, The fact of fail chance does exit. feel free to skip the first block
    Last edited by Duong_TonThat; 18.05.14 at 23:14.
    DT

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpielein View Post
    1 Elite 94 Soldier 105 Elite in the second picture? How's that gonna work out?

Edit: You mean 1 M (Militia!) 94 S 105 E
    Yes 1R or 1M
    bc i cant change the pic anymore,
    correction is updated on top
    Last edited by Duong_TonThat; 18.05.14 at 23:39.
    DT

Reply to Thread