Reply to Thread

Thread: All collectibles doesn't appear at once

World
    Newfoundland

Exclamation F5 needed for collectibles (data missing)

I now know for certain that the feature is bugged:

- I logged off about an hour and half ago with 4 collectibles which I could no find, even having scanned the map carefully in maximum zoom, and in grid pattern: vertical, then horizontal, then once more vertical then horizontal.
    - I had looked with even more care near EVERY building, where they are often hidden by the presence of buiding at the same spot (but being in front of the building).

- I had 15 minutes to spare, so I just logged in an checked again; and guess what, I just found 2 more at spots I had very definitely checked carefully earlier, and they were not visible there at that time.

So, my conclusion: The problem seem to be that the items are not always loading correctly when the map load, or when they are added; THAT is a bug in itself.

Workaround: Scan, press F5 to reload, wait for the map to be fully loaded, scan again, and so on.
    It also explains why friends may look at your map and see collectibles which you did not, even if you looked at the SAME spot.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

Collect All Quest

This quest is to "Collect all collectibles on the map", and the completion bar typically shows there are 10 or more collectibles to find. I have looked around but cannot find more than say 5 or 6. Is this simply that I am not looking hard enough? Also, if I log on later, the quest will have reset back to zero found.

World
    Sandycove

All collectibles doesn't appear at once

Not sure if this should be posted in bugs forum but why not. It seems to me that all collectibles doesn't appear at once when they refresh on the island. I am in a guild and we usually help eachother out when there are a few collectibles left. Usually about 6-10 eyes at once search the island so they should be found within a short amount of time. Strangely enough we\they report after a greater amount of time that they find these collectibles in "easily spotted" areas. They then write the find spot on the guild chat for all to see, and always a few of them say they've been over that area several times and couldn't see it. Which makes me believe that these collectibles appear one after the other when there are a few left to find on the quest. It's always funny when the last find is herbs which are pretty easy to see (most of the time) (even though it usually is a scarecrow we find last).

Can anyone verify this?
    Last edited by Saphorik; 23.10.13 at 17:12.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yes you need to look harder or get help from friends/guild mates.

You get a new collectables quest every 8-10 hrs.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yes this happened to me a little while ago... I have been putting things in my manor house all evening from adventures.. then all of a sudden the last collectable that I had been unable to find appeared in the middle of the manor house stopping me from adding resources and yes it was a scarecrow

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove
    From what I have seen I am absolutely certain that sometimes not all collectables spawn at once.

World
    Newfoundland
    This feature has a number of bugs, and some collectibles have been found by mousing randombly over places where they could not be seen.
    I have found a number hidden behind trees or over a building, some have been reported hidden under mountains.

Today I found one spot where my mouse told me that there was one, but nothing was visible even in close-up zoom.
    I have also verified that by reloading you will sometimes find some which could not be found by looking at the exact same spot just before (I know that because I did found some that way in spots I had examined VERY carefully before reloading); so just reload, search, reload, search, and so on.

With all those precautions, a few can still never be found after over 10 close-up searches of the whole map; I suspect that those would be hidden under buildings, therefore preventing even the mouse to find them (it it plausible since some have been found under mountains, and that has been verified).

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Totally agree, many times items have appeared in wide open spaces where they were certainly not visible on previous visits.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

World
    Sandycove
    [ Thread merged ]
    Last edited by Fexno; 22.10.13 at 06:45.

World
    Newfoundland
    wasnt it in some bb_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx's post in the forum that all are not present at the same time?
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Reply to Thread