Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Collectible items buff

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

Collectible items buff

Make a buff that reveals remaining collectible items in their places.

There are many times you are sure there can't be any more collectibles found on an island or that they are 100% hidden. This would help to certify their existence. You could use e.g. similar to increase productivity cloud to mark them.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    Similarly to other buildings a collectible's name and sign appear when mouse hovers on, so you can find them even if very hidden. If want certify their existence, the progress bar of "Collect all" quest in Quest book will show you, how many items remain. But I know this grinding feeling. A lot of time I also think there can't be more, often just take a walk then almost immediately find the last one and wonder how it couldn't be the first.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Collectables hiding on your island. The key word in the previous sentence is hiding. If they was meant to be found easily then they would not be hiding in the first place. Personally I think they have got the right balance of olympic class hide n seek champions and the if I close my eyes the player ain't going to see me types.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Personally I think they have got the right balance of olympic class hide n seek champions and the if I close my eyes the player ain't going to see me types.
    Although I agree a "reveal all" buff isn't the right solution, I don't think the balance is right. There's obvious, tricky and hard ones, which is fine, but then there's "screen-punchingly impossible, completely hidden behind an object that totally obscures the tiny collectible" ones. The collectibles are quite useful in the game, but they're not worth spending several hours at full zoom, literally mousing over every inch of the island looking for a single, final one to complete the quest. When folks are already putting several hours a day in just to maintain an island, a lot of folks (like myself) simply can't afford the time to hunt down the collectibles.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    Yes, the last ones are often a little bit tricky, some I found behind the Mayor's house and on it, "under" wild deposit, in marble deposit, on the seashore and more. The best was pumpkin beside a pumpkin sematary... So, I think, after a certain amount of "lost" items could be intresting a special quest with these lost ones only And anyhow use generals and troops as scout coadjutors; or send explorer to search through a sector. His journey could be payed similarly to an adventure search, and when back, report only certain infos -- the amount seen in the sector, perhaps the types and/or a little bit narrower area of the sector. You get a letter, what says, your explorer has seen 1 tiny herbal plant in the northern forest of sector number 4. Something like this --- instead of a new buff.

World
    Sandycove
    Why are you so desperate at finding each and every collectible? I'm fine with leaving half, or not loging in 2-3 times/day just to get all new refreshes :P
    I feel like collectibles is best for lower level people, who have less buildings to manage, so more time to pick up free stuff.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Try using this link to locate them: kpssoft.com/tsofinditems/

I normally find almost all of them using it , saves a lot of time

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    omg, this is going to save so much time XD

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by CMHSE View Post
    omg, this is going to save so much time XD
    If it worked...

Great concept though - hope to see it developed further, but right now it only seems to find the ones you'd find yourself.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_B View Post
    If it worked...

Great concept though - hope to see it developed further, but right now it only seems to find the ones you'd find yourself.
    i don't get your point, we can find all of them ourself if we want to but the thing is it is difficult to locate all of them as you have to zoom all the parts and look carefully. This is where it helps and maps out all the possible locations without having to look everywhere yourself. Don't have a clue what more are you expecting out of it , as for me it works nickel.

Reply to Thread