Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Epic Workyards

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    looks ok, I would rather some of the new updates focused on improving the basic interface though, less clicking needed for everything please!

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Guild Bank - its very ambiguous as it suggests leader configures it but everyone that wants access will need a building. BB need to confirm who this will work before people get excited.....

I assumed Guild Leader configures it and enables access levels to different tabs etc and then guildies get access based upon their privileges. Others assumed that everyone that uses it will require a guild bank on their island..... Confused already.

Name: Guild Bank
    Limit: 1 per player
    Building license required: Yes
    Description: Allows you to access the guild storage interface of your guild.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    hmm. Hmm. There are some nice things, but I'm worried BB is trying to do too many things at once.

The science-system isn't ready yet, still 2 skilltrees missing (so how to decide what to invest books in?). We're still stuck with useless star-coins. A ton of bugs that are not resolved. The golem-event.... they didnt take enough time to test properly -> bugged.

But if there is as much time between announcement and implementation as is with the star-coins... no need to worry about possible bugs or start cheering for nice things in this announcement. It could take *a while* before it arrives.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    So... I could demolish 4 to 6 level 5 foresters and replace them with an expensive building that works like 3x level 5 foresters but uses more expensive buffs so that's OK then.

The thing is 4x5 in size (20 rosebeds), yet works as 3 buildings (12 rosebeds) ~ How does that save space?

Agrees vociferously with Promethos there ^
    Last edited by Hairy; 23.10.13 at 19:12.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    looks good and interesting. after a full year of not so many improvements BB is doing very well now last half year in keeping the game interesting . keep up the good work i enjoy it

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    First of all I agree with Promethos, totally.

Now, the workyard can replace 6 buildings because as you can see at this picture each production slot can replace 2 coking plants/ 2 hardwood sawmills / 2 pinewood sawmills:

BUT, what use we have if we need beans to buff those 'regular' buildings? a LOT cheaper to keep my regular coking and hw sawmills.
    I thought maybe it would be good to replace building I don't buff anyway like forresters for example but this building is SO huge its hard to fit it near many wood nodes (and leave space to cutters also).

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairy View Post
    So... I could demolish 4 to 6 level 5 foresters and replace them with an expensive building that works like 3x level 5 foresters but uses more expensive buffs so that's OK then.

The thing is 4x5 in size (20 rosebeds), yet works as 3 buildings (12 rosebeds) ~ How does that save space?

Agrees vociferously with Promethos there ^
    Did you notice that the production time of a resource is much shorter then the ordinary building?
    Pinewood Forrester is normally 2:15, in workyard 35 seconds
    Coker is normally 3:00, in workyard 1:00 minute
    Pinewood Sawmill is normally 3:00, in workyard 1:00 minute

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Buff prices make it unusable for exotic planks production so the only choice left is either pine/hwp planks and coal. Now as a lvl 50 i don't need pinewood planks so then am left with hwp and coal. Now hwp consumption is very low and i only need 2 mills for planks so then am left with coal as a choice only... Now why would i bulldoze my lvl 5 manufacturer coal buildings bought with gems in order to build this workyard which costs a huge amount of resources?

Useless if you ask me...

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Promethos View Post
    But if there is as much time between announcement and implementation as is with the star-coins... no need to worry about possible bugs or start cheering for nice things in this announcement. It could take *a while* before it arrives.
    new mail system was first announced over a year ago.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedicter View Post
    First of all I agree with Promethos, totally.

Now, the workyard can replace 6 buildings because as you can see at this picture each production slot can replace 2 coking plants/ 2 hardwood sawmills / 2 pinewood sawmills:

BUT, what use we have if we need beans to buff those 'regular' buildings? a LOT cheaper to keep my regular coking and hw sawmills.
    I thought maybe it would be good to replace building I don't buff anyway like forresters for example but this building is SO huge its hard to fit it near many wood nodes (and leave space to cutters also).
    notice on your pic you can make coal out HWL from it that might be a interesting factor then so its not just pwl to make coal it might make me change my mind about not getting one when i can blow rocks up for space as i refuse to demolish any if my lv5 buildings for it

Reply to Thread