Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Epic Workyards

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    I already have a finetumed economy and I will not going to ruin it to have this thing sitting on my island. First of all, it can only replace 3 buildings (at standard costs) while I already have an fully L5 economy. Secondly I don't need anymore logs or planks. I got plenty. Thirdly, I don't have space to built this monster.
    What might be much better is an way to MOVE current woodbuildings into an epic building of this kind.. And next time don't start writing this kind of things BEFORE you have time to talk with players around. Because this is UTTERLY rubish!!!!

Please please give us an second island, where we can play with those Epic Structures.. And leave our current island alone OR make our island MUCH bigger!!

Please BB focus on getting this lag fixed FIRST, then add some more levels to this game with new troop types, then you can use the design of this Epic building to produce the weapons needed for those troops. What might be a good idea is to give those who finished that quest in which you needed to have an huge production for ALL weapons types an Epic Weapon Building platform or such kind, in which you can MOVE your current buildings into it.

Okay, another problem. Lets assume I want to use this building to his max level. So, I have built more cutters as I have more forresters now. So what now?? I can't use the sawmill option as I don't have planting ability left over and my cutters will cut my island clean in no time. But then I have too much logs around. The only thing this epic building is good for is replacing current forresters with this thing, or replacing sawmills with this one. But this option is wayyy more expensive.

With production chains like the wood-chain you want to built it and FORGET about it. I never never look at my forresters, cutters or sawmills, I don't buff them, I don't zzz them, i do NOTHING. Why? Because I have tuned it out so that my trees gets replanted as fast as the cutters can cut them, and my sawmill turns the logs into woodplanks. All players who manage to get enough resources to get so far WILL HAVE IT. The only players who might be willing to buy this epic Fail Building are those with money to spend..

What i think, this is just a way to have new players spend some extra money into the game.. They run out of trees and buy this epic yard with GEMS. yeah right.
    Last edited by Mystic; 24.10.13 at 19:06.

Norway - Birthland of giants......and trolls.
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
    First of all, it can only replace 3 buildings (at standard costs) while I already have an fully L5 economy.
    Actually it will replace 6 lvl 5 building because of it's higher production speed. But since there are so few places you can place them it's very likely that the extra transportation time makes them slower. After some very expensive upgrade quests they will act as 6 lvl 7 buildings. But as you said, build them and forget them and if I for some reason want to buff them, it's going to be with ordinary buffs.

Edit: Forgot to mention that exo sawmill does not go to lvl 7.
    Last edited by Saraptheold; 24.10.13 at 19:52.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    May I also point out that once you plant this monster, YOU CANNOT MOVE IT!!!

I could move my Guild Hall if I wanted, Fairy Castle, Gold Towers, really anything except the Gem Pits, which is understandable, you've dug a hole, so you can't move the hole.

But this thing? It would work if I could plant it in 1 area and them move it to another, for example if I wanted hardwood reforestation in section 7 then pinewood reforestation in section 1, 2 and 4. I would move it constantly and get rid of all my foresters.

And if you're thinking of using this to replace you wood making and wood using buildings, may I point out that if you should decide that you need to switch from 1 production to another, you're out of luck because you're breaking the resource chain you've reworked around this behemoth to go for another.

The only use I can see coming out of this building is if you plant it once and then set it forever, because otherwise its not versatile.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Saraptheold View Post
    Actually it will replace 6 lvl 5 building because of it's higher production speed. But since there are so few places you can place them it's very likely that the extra transportation time makes them slower. After some very expensive upgrade quests they will act as 6 lvl 7 buildings. But as you said, build them and forget them and if I for some reason want to buff them, it's going to be with ordinary buffs.

Edit: Forgot to mention that exo sawmill does not go to lvl 7.
    This is only going to work if you have all your cutters in one location. In my case I got small clusters of forresters/cutters as you can organize them better this way. The travel time to and from the deposit is very important. This also means that sometimes my forresters in sector 1 travell all the way to sector 9 to find a poor little trees that needs to be replanted.. So for treeplanting its useless.. Anyway, you want to have your trees being reforrested 24/7 and for that the current forresters are way more cheaper to built. Especially as you already have them.

So what can you do with it?? You can't use it for exo wood, as you want your exo woodmill being buffed. So thats off. That leaves normal planks/hardwood planks. Yeah right.. I have enough mills for those and I really don't need an building the size of 5x4 to replace my few sawmills. Maybe if you have ALL your mills together?? Then you remove them and built a new one, but then you only have 3xL7 plants.. Which is using more space then 4xL5 buildings. I am not talking about upgrading to the L10 stadium, as the current price is just absurd high. Cooking plants? Same problem. You are NOT goiing to destroy four cooking plants to get this huge monster.

Point is this building is useless

How can you make this building usefull? I don't really know. Having more then three slots will really help. Change the ENTIRE design to make it an sort of CONTROL building for all your forresters/cutters/cooking plants etc.. Your CURRENT buildings change into an sort of Epic Woodyard building, from which you can change the type of it as you like? That would really save real estate as you can remove some of your leftover buildings and start producing pinewood/hardwood logs/planks more on demand. But ofcourse this would mean a full redisgn of the epic woodyard, which I really doubt they will do.
    This epic Woodyard is typical BlueByte. Designed by someone who had an bright idea, but not really know a thing how people play this game.
    Last edited by Mystic; 24.10.13 at 20:32.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanhai View Post
    May I also point out that once you plant this monster, YOU CANNOT MOVE IT!!!

I could move my Guild Hall if I wanted, Fairy Castle, Gold Towers, really anything except the Gem Pits, which is understandable, you've dug a hole, so you can't move the hole.

But this thing? It would work if I could plant it in 1 area and them move it to another, for example if I wanted hardwood reforestation in section 7 then pinewood reforestation in section 1, 2 and 4. I would move it constantly and get rid of all my foresters.

And if you're thinking of using this to replace you wood making and wood using buildings, may I point out that if you should decide that you need to switch from 1 production to another, you're out of luck because you're breaking the resource chain you've reworked around this behemoth to go for another.

The only use I can see coming out of this building is if you plant it once and then set it forever, because otherwise its not versatile.
    This is only for the test site. Taken from the test home page:

Note: The Epic Workyard cannot be moved after building, it's needed for the test!
    Of course this will not be the bevahiour in the final version.
    Just another thought, If the intention of the building is to create more `space' for those with solid economies but need more licences/building plots to grow. What is wrong with the current game structure of upgrades? i.e. give buildings ( production and nobles) another upgrade level which doubles that buildings production/capacity at level 5. You would effectively reduce your building licence usage by 50%. Combined with rubble, rocks and mountain demolition, and an acid rain buff to kill bushes, shrubs and forests, you could have an island fit for the 21st Century, market driven, indiscriminate removal of indigenous populations on other lands all that's missing is the banking sector.....
    Last edited by Larili; 24.10.13 at 20:53.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Larili View Post
    This is only for the test site. Taken from the test home page:

Just another thought, If the intention of the building is to create more `space' for those with solid economies but need more licences/building plots to grow. What is wrong with the current game structure of upgrades? i.e. give buildings ( production and nobles) another upgrade level which doubles that buildings production/capacity at level 5. You would effectively reduce your building licence usage by 50%. Combined with rubble, rocks and mountain demolition, and an acid rain buff to kill bushes, shrubs and forests, you could have an island fit for the 21st Century, market driven, indiscriminate removal of indigenous populations on other lands all that's missing is the banking sector.....
    banking sector was implemented ages ago. You buy gems, they bank your cash

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
    Point is this building is useless
    I'm not defending the building. I just wanted to point out that it has a higher production rate than you stated. If you read my other posts you will see that I agree with you totally.

And I actually discovered that one of the locations that I placed it on the test server, is actually not available on the home island because, and here's the bombshell, there's a tree there. So it's even more useless in the home zone than on the test server.

It can't replace foresters as they need to be close to the deposits. It doesn't make lumber. It could be used to replace 7 sawmills or coking plants. Not pinewood sawmills. I'm one of those that have lots of them, because I use PWP and stone to produce tools. I have 5. You could argue that I could switch one of the slots between PWP, HWP and coal. I say no. I'm not going to pay anything to have even more micromanagement to deal with. XWP you most definitely want buffed. But because buffs on this buildings only can be bought with beans or gems, that is out of the question for most players. Coal isn't valuable enough that anyone is willing to disrupt their carefully placed production lines to find the place for this monstrosity.

So we're left with a giant hardwood sawmill for those that are optimistic enough to try to make this work. It can save you 7 Building licenses. I'd rather save myself the headache by not even considering it

World
    Newfoundland
    Hmmmm... It just looks like a massive resource sink.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Saraptheold View Post

So we're left with a giant hardwood sawmill for those that are optimistic enough to try to make this work. It can save you 7 Building licenses. I'd rather save myself the headache by not even considering it
    Who has 7 Hardwood Sawmills to begin with? I have 4 level 3s and a level 1 Longbows maker, and I don't need any more. I personally use the pinewood to make hardwood, although you are correct that it is more efficient to use stone and Pinewood to make tools.

It doesn't matter how you slice it, this thing is a res. Sink that throws off our production chains. I'd like to see what it could do if it actually produced logs.

Also, is the Epic Wheat Work Yard going to reseed wheat fields? If the answer is yes than I'm in for the long haul no questions asked. But it needs to be smaller. Make it 3X4 in size with 4 production cyclers instead of 3 and we'll have a deal. I'd easily spend 5000 Gems or 5000 Beans on that.

World
    Newfoundland
    Who has 7 Hardwood Sawmills to begin with?
    I have 7++. Might reduce that number when i have enough at lvl 5 though. And I even buff them sometimes. Good to have those extra resources when you never remember to tear down iron and gold mines before they are empty. And it's good trade.

Also, is the Epic Wheat Work Yard going to reseed wheat fields?
    Haven't heard about it yet. Don't think we will in a while either. Devs are busy trying to make the Guild Bank work. And after that it's Epic Stone Yard rumor has it. (Just a rumor though. Devs not saying anything)
    Last edited by Saraptheold; 25.10.13 at 23:45.

Reply to Thread