Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Epic Workyards

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Hahaha clearly this is another game where the developers do not play their own product, a real shame gents.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairy View Post
    It won't expire or get deleted. The resources tied-up in that trade offer will stay in that mail message until you accept them.
    Betting on this will not be wise when they make the announced changes to the mail system. I am certainly not leaving anything in my mailbox before that update.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by apw2 View Post
    You sure? From looking at those images there is a trade offer message that expires after so long.

Anyhow, i've moved it all to my star menu for now, will stick it all back after this is in not worth the risk!
    You might be correct there. From looking at the concept image it appears that all mails (trade, loot, gossip, guild, whatever) have varying duration before an automated expiration:

Think I too will shuffle my mail storehouse into star menu until after this is implemented
    "Your general was a tortoise!" ... "He will now amble back to his garrison as slow as his short reptilian legs will manage"

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Oh noe... the hundred of thousands of water, logs, wheat i will have to dump in the star )

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    If you zoom in (or squint a bit) you might notice there is a button next to the [compose mail] button that has a manuscript, a tome and a codex on it.

Rather intrigued as to what that could be...
    "Your general was a tortoise!" ... "He will now amble back to his garrison as slow as his short reptilian legs will manage"

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    ...sending an in-game mail will cost a manuscript..?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Recieving one will cost a tome, reading it a codex ?
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland
    seems all types of messages are still in 1 place. this creates an awful mess. also it seems instead of scrolling we have another clickfest on our hands. someone dumped 100+ buffs when you were away = about 20 clicks to check if there was something useful in there..
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Epic Workyards have gone back to the drawing board (thank pete,) the Guild Bank seems a ways off yet (no bad thing, especially considering the costs to build them) and I'm afraid the new Mail System is such a mess I sincerely hope the whole thing is redone entirely before going live.

Somewhere in all that a comparatively small but baffling change seems to have gone overlooked, as it's live now on .pl it seems to bear revisiting. Thanks to LethoOfGulet over on the Test for mentioning it here.

[Guild] REPRESENTATION PAGE
    Currently, when you open the list of all guilds and click on one of them, you see detailed information (e.g. complete list of the guild members and their levels). This will be replaced with a brief representation page.

But why remove the member info? It's very helpful to players seeking a guild, no matter how much is written on the Guild Page it's not the same as seeing who you're joining up with, it's useful to those in trade who may want to confirm levels, and it comes in handy in a number of other circumstances too. So again, why on earth remove it? Any info would be much appreciated.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    I finally took the plunge and "invested" in an epic workyard.

I think this following single aspect of the quests to upgrade the epic workyard says everything you need to know.

There's a quest chain that first requires you to upgrade an exotic wood sawmill to level 5. Then you need to spend seemingly endless amounts of granite, steel and soldiers to finish the quest chain. And what do you get from doing all that? The equivalent of the level 5 exotic wood sawmill that you've already had to build, only there are fewer buffing options available for it.

If it's epic, it should be BETTER than existing buildings, even if only very slightly better. What it should NOT be is slightly worse than buildings which the quest chain requires you to have.

I always knew it was going to be a bit of a waste sinking all these resources into the workyard, but I thought it might have been slightly more useful than it was at slightly less expense.

But then, that always seems to be my feedback. Must do better, could do better, no sign of improvement...

Are you a casual or part-time player? Don't want a chatty guild or expect lots of support?
    And do you want the chance to earn a few guild coins but don't want to be forced to do guild quests on a daily basis?

Then join GQS (Guild Quests (STILL!) Suck) on Northisle!
    Mail Gerontius here or in game for an invite.

Reply to Thread