Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Game crashed

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by peck_ed View Post
    Just for clarification, these are the messages I am facing when getting kicked out

Can others confirm the same?
    Getting the same

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    yes peck-ed same messages that i have had and guild members too

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Just for clarification, these are the messages I am facing when getting kicked out

This

Followed by this

Same here! :-(

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Same here too ,and according to posts looks like its just our server having an issues ?

Norway - Birthland of giants......and trolls.
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yes. And now I'm getting lag from the forum too. lol

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowlock View Post
    The problem is not that this sort of thing happens, its complex stuff of course it happens. The issue is that we pay them for it NOT to happen and what they do when it does happen. When they fail as they consistently do they give us a Lucky Rabbits foot and a gold refill. Its not enough it really isn't. Some ppl will have level 5 gold mines destroyed. Others will lose their premium, and others will just lose out because they are not buffed, or set aside time for playing but couldn't.

The service levels from BB are atrocious all of the lag and golem issues that we have had (which we should not have had because they should never have implemented something that was known not to work in the first place) and we haven't even had a "Sorry"! Frankly its disgraceful and I embarrassed with myself that I am still playing this game. I think I will give the Xmas event a miss quite honestly and if they don't do something BIG soon to say sorry - and no i'm not talking about an Exotic Fruit Basket, I wont even be getting that far. Never been afraid to spend money on these games if I thought they were good, but never again to BB they are absolutely clueless!
    Reading from your critisism you never had to do with software/game development and the complexity of that, not even to mention 3rd parties involved that might also make 'mistakes' (to keep this a nice post )
    From experience... if any of those examples you mention happen, you send a ticket and get a descent refund.

Its an option to pay for this free-to-play game, BB extends time on a lot of stuff if thats required and imo they do that generously and I believe that even at this time of night (00:35 in germany or 23:35 in london, where the servers are at) people are working to give us back the free game experience.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowlock View Post
    The problem is not that this sort of thing happens, its complex stuff of course it happens. The issue is that we pay them for it NOT to happen and what they do when it does happen. When they fail as they consistently do they give us a Lucky Rabbits foot and a gold refill. Its not enough it really isn't. Some ppl will have level 5 gold mines destroyed. Others will lose their premium, and others will just lose out because they are not buffed, or set aside time for playing but couldn't.

The service levels from BB are atrocious all of the lag and golem issues that we have had (which we should not have had because they should never have implemented something that was known not to work in the first place) and we haven't even had a "Sorry"! Frankly its disgraceful and I embarrassed with myself that I am still playing this game. I think I will give the Xmas event a miss quite honestly and if they don't do something BIG soon to say sorry - and no i'm not talking about an Exotic Fruit Basket, I wont even be getting that far. Never been afraid to spend money on these games if I thought they were good, but never again to BB they are absolutely clueless!
    You don´t have to pay them for anything, its a free to play game.

Beside that they can have a server crash down or what ever, have seen this happen to bigger companies than BB. And this you can´t really do anything about.
    About the lag and so on, yes its bad and yes they should do something about it. And they actually should give us the same kind of presents that the germen servers got a few weeks ago when they had the same problems.
    "How good bad music and bad reasons sound when we march against an enemy"
    Nietzsche

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffyon View Post
    Reading from your critisism you never had to do with software/game development and the complexity of that, not even to mention 3rd parties involved that might also make 'mistakes' (to keep this a nice post )
    From experience... if any of those examples you mention happen, you send a ticket and get a descent refund.

Its an option to pay for this free-to-play game, BB extends time on a lot of stuff if thats required and imo they do that generously and I believe that even at this time of night (00:35 in germany or 23:35 in london, where the servers are at) people are working to give us back the free game experience.

Have been playing since 2011 and the problems only gotten worse, its so bad now in fact that the closed beta played better then now when its supposed to be out of beta completely. They are obviously doing something wrong.

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Getting the same Peck-ed

And for those thinking we will get sorted quickly as the german servers are experiencing problems..... I have to say this worries me for the following reasons;
    1. Unless its a simple reboot we know from experience the german server user base will receive priority over other servers.
    2. BB are an international company with an international player community playing on international servers. Why should we experience this type of problem when BB should have co-location of data centres worldwide (at least 2 or 3 continents) and game worlds should be load balanced across at least 2 data centres.
    I'm with others in saying its this type of problem, coupled with the horrendous lag and BB's favouritism of German servers that leaves me cold and unlikely to ever purchase gems again. This is a shame as its gem buyers that fund the game and if BB lose gem buyers they lose their income streams and therefore performance will deteriorate further until BB decide the game is no longer worth their investment

May have to get me one of those animated Tomb to signal the rise of the graveyards and the death of the game

Norway - Birthland of giants......and trolls.
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffyon View Post
    if any of those examples you mention happen, you send a ticket and get a descent refund.
    I've never been compensated for the bug with the bookbinder or when I suddenly had negative amounts of settlers and couldn't start a single new mine. I did send tickets.

Reply to Thread