Reply to Thread

Thread: Explorer Science

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Explorer Science

Since I upgraded my explorer to find 89% more map pieces, he has never found a SINGLE adventure.

I upgraded that part of the tree and the part that lowers the cost of adventure searches, as well as the part that shortens the time of adventure searches on the first day that the explorer skill trees became available. I don't know what date that was, but it must be at least 25 searches without a single adventure. I don't believe that that is just a coincidence and think that the science system may be bugged

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    I have explorers built the same way, and recently had a fairly long run of only getting frags, but that eventually ended. Random numbers being random occasionally long chains without getting any will happen, and since you equate getting getting frags as disappointment you're going to notice the event more prominently.

If you sent out 3 guys, and they all came back with adventures you would forget this event quicker than a longer than average chain of frags.

Overall I'd say I find adventures about the right amount of times with similarly set out explorers, so don't believe it's generally bugged.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    The thing is, I only send this explorer out on adventures. MY other explorers do treasure searches. There is nothing random about 25+ lots of frags in a row. I know it IS possible for 25 in a row, but, put it this way, if the ratio of adventures to frags was 50/50, the chance of getting 25 frags in a a row would be 1:33,554,432. Nothing random about that.

Reply to Thread