Reply to Thread

Thread: gem sales

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland

gem sales

because things have changed since i came back to the game have a couple questions of gem sales..
    i used to buy all my gems through the brilliant pack with general etc in it not the diluted thing i have seen around..

so i have been told we now have regular 100% sales now on? also heard a while back there was a mouth watering 200% sale and on the german server a 300% (how true that one is i have no idea)

so does anyone know how often theses sales are roughly and was the 200% one to mark a special never to be repeated day like the games b-day

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove
    I would say we get the 100% sale about once a month or so. Only one day at a time though, so you have to be quick.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    For the last month i would say there was at least 2 times though I am not completely sure.

300% happened once here too and it was due to the 20th settlers anniversary. Not gonna happen anymore i guess.

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    It will, for the 25th anniversary.
    For sure ! ! !

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    When you're talking about % sales, I think we need to be clear what is being referred to. Now, you refer to 100%, 200%, and 300% sales in your post, and those numbers aren't going to work out very clearly.

When you say 100%, I'm going to assume you are referring to the amount of bonus gems, that it's 100% more gems, so double the gems. Otherwise, 100% would be the same as regular no sale amount, and not be very exciting.
    If 100% is +100%, then your 200% mention must be +200% (triple the gems per dollar), and 300% referring to +300% (quadruple gems).

Assuming that's clear and we're on the same page ...
    We have generally around +20% for the duration of various holiday events
    We have +100% (double) sales regularish, around once a month, but on no obvious schedule, and can go from quite a short amount of time to occasionally an entire day.
    We had +200% (triple) once during the 20th Anniversary event. Multiple servers had it at different points during the event. Germany had it first. I'm led to believe the .net guys (US) may have missed out entirely.
    +300% has never happened for anyone.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrade View Post
    When you're talking about % sales, I think we need to be clear what is being referred to. Now, you refer to 100%, 200%, and 300% sales in your post, and those numbers aren't going to work out very clearly.

When you say 100%, I'm going to assume you are referring to the amount of bonus gems, that it's 100% more gems, so double the gems. Otherwise, 100% would be the same as regular no sale amount, and not be very exciting.
    If 100% is +100%, then your 200% mention must be +200% (triple the gems per dollar), and 300% referring to +300% (quadruple gems).

Assuming that's clear and we're on the same page ...
    We have generally around +20% for the duration of various holiday events
    We have +100% (double) sales regularish, around once a month, but on no obvious schedule, and can go from quite a short amount of time to occasionally an entire day.
    We had +200% (triple) once during the 20th Anniversary event. Multiple servers had it at different points during the event. Germany had it first. I'm led to believe the .net guys (US) may have missed out entirely.
    +300% has never happened for anyone.
    You are ill informed... 300% gem sales have happened, on the tso 20th anniversary to be exact and yes it started with the german servers, like always.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    If you're just going to use the number 300% to refer to triple gems, then yes, that did happen, and I covered that.
    If you want to use it to refer to a 300% bonus, that would be quadruple gems, for example 100 gems with a 300% bonus would be 400 gems for the price of 100, quadrupling, and that has never happened.

The OP used 100%, 200% and 300% as if they were all noteworthy numbers. If you want to use 300% to refer to triple gems, then 100% is a meaningless number (as it would be ... regular, no bonus at all).
    Last edited by Thrade; 07.11.13 at 12:30.

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanceltare View Post
    You are ill informed... 300% gem sales have happened, on the tso 20th anniversary to be exact and yes it started with the german servers, like always.
    It helps if you read the message before you answer.

Reply to Thread