Reply to Thread

Thread: Removal of Skunk, Harvest Ritual and Endless Potion from the Game

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland

Removal of Skunk, Harvest Ritual and Endless Potion from the Game

BB_Ravel recently posted in the forums asking us to be careful of Country Saying l Trades containing just one 1 wheat refill.

In my view, Harvest Rituals are one of a number of items in the game that ought to be removed as soon as possible.

There is simply no point in having a wheat refill buff that is made in your Mayors House that is not called a Wheat Refill.

Likewise, I do not see any logical reason why we are unable to make Exotic Fruit Baskets in our Mayors hose and need 2 x 12 Hour triple buffs with different names.

Likewise Drill Master Skunk, I am pretty sure that there is another 12 hour barracks buff knocking around called something different.

Please BB get your story straight as to what you want to call these buffs stick to it and run a script at maintenance removing all of the e.g Endless Potions and replace them with Exotic Fruit Baskets.

Having the same thing called different things is a waste of everybody's time, including yourselves
    Last edited by Bowlock; 06.11.13 at 16:06. Reason: Confuion of Harvest Ritual and Country Saying - see I dont even know what the things are called myself lol

World
    Sandycove
    well that's just your opinion. Im very happy to have the skunks and potions of endless energy available without having to pay for similar with gems tyvm

World
    Sandycove
    well if you dont want them
    dont make them or buy them simple
    some of us like having the choice to make buffs if we wish to do so

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    25 settlers or 25 retired bandits, both are exactly the same. BB tried to fix this and it was a failure resulting in broken low level player quests. Given this track record the sensible thing is to let sleeping dogs lie.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by jollyfog2012 View Post
    well that's just your opinion. Im very happy to have the skunks and potions of endless energy available without having to pay for similar with gems tyvm
    What has that got to do with anything. What I am talking about is having the same items with different names. What is to stop you making an Exotic Basket rather than a Potion of endless energy in the mayors house?

World
    Sandycove
    yep you're right I totally mis-read your post. My apologies

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Have you noticed that shadow sneakers behave just the same as guard dogs..?

I kind of agree that multiple items with identical effects are an unnecessary redundancy, but on the other hand they add a bit of harmless variety to the game.

It has been suggested before that there be a standard lexicon (list of words) for Settlers terminology. (Examples of failures are "Wild Mary" becoming "Mad Mary" and News tab saying "On extra-long search" when an explorer starts a Very long search.)

The renaming of prov house resource buffs (lonely marble block => marble, & wayfarers/retirees => settlers etc) was a good attempt at some standardised unification and my menu was getting neater, but it did have the unfortunate side effect of breaking quests, and sadly BB went with my suggestion to revert the names to unstick the quests instead of Iolanthe's suggestion to adapt the quests.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairy View Post
    Have you noticed that shadow sneakers behave just the same as guard dogs..?

I kind of agree that multiple items with identical effects are an unnecessary redundancy, but on the other hand they add a bit of harmless variety to the game.

It has been suggested before that there be a standard lexicon (list of words) for Settlers terminology. (Examples of failures are "Wild Mary" becoming "Mad Mary" and News tab saying "On extra-long search" when an explorer starts a Very long search.)

The renaming of prov house resource buffs (lonely marble block => marble, & wayfarers/retirees => settlers etc) was a good attempt at some standardised unification and my menu was getting neater, but it did have the unfortunate side effect of breaking quests, and sadly BB went with my suggestion to revert the names to unstick the quests instead of Iolanthe's suggestion to adapt the quests.
    That has been a horrible problem since they launched this game. It was worse before but they still manage to constantly mess up translations. It seems like they need to hire one guy to do translations to english and then make sure he writes a dictionary for internal use. Because this is quite a mess. Because I do assume it's because they game is slowly ported from the German version.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    Does it hurt anybody the coalmine and the recycling manufactory produces the same thing: coal? Probably not. So why problem if two different called things (what can be acquired two different way) are same in effect?

Edit: The only one should be done on this: the same effect/content things should be next to each other in the starmenu. So exo fruit basket and potion of endless energy, bandit and settlers etc.
    Last edited by Brankovics; 09.11.13 at 14:39.

World
    Sandycove
    I rather like the country sayings, as a wheat field buff as there are so many herbs and scarecrows, this is the only way to keep pace with them. They also balance out the farms which take wheat from the field to their right rather than the one directly in front, and thus deplete my nicely balanced packed wheat fields to silos. ( 30mins and you have 1000 wheat refill, easy to fit in with daily jolly's marble search's)
    I'm sure I could use the Harvest ritual to balance my stables with wheat production after a DB and my bread and brew could carry on without depleting my stores as was the case before, so I guess how useful they are depends on how you like playing the game
    Last edited by Larili; 09.11.13 at 20:38. Reason: Was confused between my country sayings and Harvest ritual ;)

Reply to Thread