Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] New mail interface, golem buffs

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    I have a gifted geo in my mail that i dont want. I want it eighter stay in the mail or deleted - not finaly added to my star menu.

I don't want accidently gifted things just because bb is to lazy to implement a deny feature.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    Why are we getting a new mail system before a news system that was announced last year?

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...ary-20-11-2012

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    mail thing looks good!
    oh could you include the option to move buff notifications into that junk mail folder? or should I add every friend into the block list and only read the junk mail folder?

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    Why are we getting a new mail system before a news system that was announced last year?

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...ary-20-11-2012
    Naughty Peajay for reminding us what was being dangled in front of us last year . This was the development I was most interested in, and thought it showed promise. instead it seems they went the way of `Fairy tale' resource sink, Lag and clickfest, which is far less appealing to me. Just my opinion but BB made a mistake by not implementing those developments

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    The new mail interface seems more aesthetic, at first glance also usable. Let me be just a little picky.

-- As mentioned above, the delivery (received/sent out) time is much-farther-more intresting like the expiration minutes. Everyone, even a pegi7 gamer can calculate with a given exp. duration, good enough to show only the remaining days or date, and only on the last day the hours/minutes -- probably minutes good enough in the last hour. If it is a fix period, then sorting its column (I hope we can sort by each columns) resulting the same as sorting by delivery date/time, so has no particular significance. Imho expiration column is not needed, good enough marking delivery date and time with different colors on the last day/last hours (like in TO). The only exception is when gamer customize the exp. duration of each one mail. Not in latter case would be nice somewhat archiv box, may be even limited capacity, for important mails not known yet when to delete.
    -- Imho "mark as read/unread" has no any meaning in the author's outbox, except showing if the recipient has opened the mail or still not. But in this case how can the sender mark it? Also should find any different solution to mark more recipients' mail: who read, who doesn't...

I have some further remark on more recipient.
    -- I afraid we can expect spaming as it comes live, as I have experienced in other games. For that case will not be enough blocking, I propose one more button or context menu task: "Report to support", to trim the treatment of annoying advertisers, or any other abuse. Or, limit multi recipient to friend list/guild.
    -- Would be fine send mail by a custimizable list of more recipient, so don't collect them each and every time regularly.
    -- Just a question: could I know if a received mail is also sent out to others and who are they? So would be usable a separate box, or at least mark (color? column?) for multirecipient mails. The same reason would be very very usable a guild box.

At first that's all. Shorly: delivery time, the most important no need expiration column mark in outbox if recipient has opened the mail new boxes: "archiv", guild, rewards/notifications customizable list of recipients can be saved.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    a mail thread for guild, like chat but will not disappear when offline, becomes team noticeboard.
    would also be great if could mail peeps direct from the TO
    Last edited by cagee; 08.11.13 at 08:58.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I really hope there will be an option to save/archive mails (not mails with recources) as i got a few with "Guild Rules" and "How to ..." mails that i would hate to see gone after 30 days. :-/

World
    Sandycove
    Needs a 'Save Mail' feature.

I have mails from over a year ago from people no longer with us & would like to be able to keep them.
    Leader of Oceanic Flight 815 [LOST]

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Hi!
    I am so glad to see the block sender feature in the mail box. This will stop the random friend/guild invites i seem to get all too often.
    The resource recovery will also be a very welcome add-on for alot of people. Many folks got quite annoyed at having wasted resources for golems but this will cheer them up i think.
    Overall this should be a good update for Settlers.
    Thank you for all of your hard work and effort BB_Alpaca/other BB staff/ Mods etc...
    The future for Settlers is looking good.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Small changes, good work.

Reply to Thread