Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] New mail interface, golem buffs

Former Community Team Member Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove

[Feedback] New mail interface, golem buffs

Please feel free to leave your feedback here!

The original thread can be found here.

Best,
    BB_Alpaca

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Feedback regarding the golem buffs has been provided since the halloween version first went on test server, and goes along the lines of the most common & totally ignored theme in this forum: "Enough of the pointless clicking already!"

Former Community Team Member Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairy View Post
    Feedback regarding the golem buffs has been provided since the halloween version first went on test server, and goes along the lines of the most common & totally ignored theme in this forum: "Enough of the pointless clicking already!"
    Hi, Hairy!

Feedback is intended to be about the aspect of the golem buffs written about in the associated Dev Diary, which is the fact you are returning them for resources.

Best,
    BB_Alpaca

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    I still see a little button with a picture of a manuscript, a tome and a codex on it. Any information on that yet? Does mail have a skill tree?

Even though resources go to star upon mail expiration, I will likely transfer my current mail-storage there before this goes live.

Will have a play on tsotesting before further feedback... (yeah, I want to click that book button)
    "Your general was a tortoise!" ... "He will now amble back to his garrison as slow as his short reptilian legs will manage"

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    I can honestly say that I think the decision to make the buffs easily convertible back into the original resources is a good one, and indeed good enough that I'm moved to comment on it. #praisewhenitisdeserved

In particular, it's significantly better than the disastrous idea in the 25th anniversity event of being able to convert balloons to gold: at least one lesson was learned from that event.

But, as Hairy has pointed out, other lessons were not learned and there has still been no response to the massive negative feedback on that point which has been the key feature of two events in a row. Will Christmas involve clicking on individual snowflakes blanketing the entire island?

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Sorry, too busy laughing at the clearly "complicated" relationship between PrincessZoe and SirSettlers to say anything coherent, will try again later.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    OK, I did think it was kind of late to be asking for feedback about the golem buffs...

All golem buffs can be exchanged back to resources by applying them on the Mayor's House.
    ~ doesn't say if they'll be converted back to the amount of resources originally used... (It doesn't affect me or some other players since the scroll bar on the heartbreaker select window was rebroken after testing, meaning I and others only produce enough heartbreakers for 1 golem at a time.) Still, I'm sure players will be happy they can get resources back for unused golem bashers. (I'm stuck with 495 useless balloons...)

"Reply to all" sounds powerfully dangerous...

"Mark as read / Mark as unread" ~ Never had to bother with that before as unread mails had bold titles while read mails didn't.

The mail type & icons are nothing new, and so long as mails can still be arranged by type/sender/date etc all will be well.

"Block sender" ~ I've never required it personally, (in 18 months I only have 3 players on my ignore list & they deserved to be ignored) but I know some players have previously been annoyed at getting mails from ignoreadded players, so that's good news for those that require it.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Please make the delivery time visible as well, not just the date. It seems more important than the minute of expiration if there's no room for both.

World
    Sandycove
    I dont see the facility to send a mail to more than one recipient - or have i missed something?

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Iolanthe View Post
    Sorry, too busy laughing at the clearly "complicated" relationship between PrincessZoe and SirSettlers to say anything coherent, will try again later.
    LOL @ lolanthe

Also
    I do like the fact though that if you have someone on ignore list in chat you can now ban them from mailing you also that way as I know in the past this did cause few problems

Reply to Thread