Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [Feedback] Christmas event - First information

World
    Newfoundland
    oh. so it doesnt work on guild members but works on frends? interesting.

hmm now it works. must have been a bug
    Last edited by sk3l370n; 15.11.13 at 10:57.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    Advent Calendar:
    Superb - nice easy way to get some extra items, including some very nice ones.

Rarity Provision House (aka PH2):
    Quite costly in buying costs, not 'yet' upgradable so runs rather slowly. Most if not all of the items seem rather well balanced though, the benefits are similar to the costs.

Presents:
    Nice quests and dailies to get hold of some. Craft a few from collectibles. Easy to add a few treasure searches to top-up. Finally rely on trade office or gems.
    Not many items to get with them though - only PH2, recycler and deerstalkers hold much interest. Once they are done I guess it will be a matter of trying to trade or pester friends for more deerstalkers.

Adventures:
    Save the Xmas feast: Costs 95 gems - % chance of presents in basic loot
    The Stolen Sleigh: Costs 95 gems - % chance of presents in rather naff loot (~590r max losses with blocks)

Other 2 adventures: Not worth paying presents for as the loots are dire versus losses.

Return to the Bandit Nest:
    Okay, I actually quite liked playing through this one.
    Each leader camp can be attacked in a non obvious sequence which opens up a path through the island leading to the Cult Leader. All cover camps can be nicely blocked if so desired. Alternate paths can be used if wanted.

Rough maximum losses: 550r 50c
    Loot: 123 Star Coins (~12,300xp)

That text on the loot is a bit iffy: However, you cleared once again the situation and the area is safe once more. (suggest: However, you cleared the situation again and the area is safe once more.)

More Secluded Experiments:
    The play was nice, plenty of blocks and tactical choices, just heavy on the old cavalry for rather basic loot reward.

Rough maximum losses: 650r 120m 550c (only first sim run though so can probably improve that)
    Loot: 245 Star Coins (~24,500xp)

I don't even think I would bother playing those two again even if they were 1 map frag each.
    To make them viable, the loot needs a huge increase
    "Your general was a tortoise!" ... "He will now amble back to his garrison as slow as his short reptilian legs will manage"

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Would love to be able to give some more feedback from the test server but along with many other testers I am locked out of the game. This happened 4 days ago and so far the only feedback from BB has been from BB_Pandur who posted a message on the homepage to let us know that the developers are aware of the problem, and "are investigating the issue and will keep you posted." This is not good enough, BB, as it is less than 3 weeks before the event is due to go live. As we are now on Friday and with no further information yet today I doubt that the test server will be working again for the weekend.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    The advent calendar is excellent, easily my favourite feature. The daily looking forward to the eventual Gold Tower is an excellent touch. The selections behind the red doors are also pretty nice. The only thing really lacking that I noticed is that it's not clear to people that on the red door days you need to click the door, *select one of the items on the right*, and lock it in, and THEN you get the present. This is unlike regular doors, where you just click them and get the prize.

Besides the troubles people are having getting onto test, which is hopefully entirely unrelated, it looks like a nice event.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    i did mention this on the test forum but isnt the provision house 2 meat and fish deposit upgrades back to front meaning the upgrade meat deposit uses bread instead of water and fish and the fish upgrade uses water and fish instead of bread

Reply to Thread