Reply to Thread

Thread: Guild Quest needs an overhaul

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle

Lightbulb Guild Quest needs an overhaul

The guild quests could be refreshed.
    Also some new stuff in the guild market please.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    I'd like to suggest 3 options given to players in guilds:

1 easy - accumulate some resource
    2 medium - complete an adventure or accumulate more resources than the easy quest
    3 hard - complete an adventure with specific targets like not losing more than 500r

Rewards should be based on difficulty of the quest, not on how many people in the guild.

It gets tedious getting the same guild quests day after day, with the reward being less than the cost of completing many.
    Is there any reason for having so few items in the guild shop? Add more choice, 1x for certain rewards is fine but the same 5 things for 6 months isn't good.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    I'd like to suggest 3 options given to players in guilds:

1 easy - accumulate some resource
    2 medium - complete an adventure or accumulate more resources than the easy quest
    3 hard - complete an adventure with specific targets like not losing more than 500r

Rewards should be based on difficulty of the quest, not on how many people in the guild.
    +1

I think the meta-quest reward would better be lowered to the same amount as of players needed to complete it and the personal quest reward raised by 3-4 times.
    That would probably also solve some issues mentioned in http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...17-Guild-coins.

The biggest issue about GQ is probably participation-related; mentioned in http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...e-Guild-quests.
    At the moment, there shouldn't be any problems for guilds to handle GQs - only 80%, of members given, needs to do their GQ and adventures are often easily done by Loot Spots. That's in theory.
    In reality, a lot of players think it's harder than it actually is - they think everyone need to do their GQ - and that psychological effect actually makes some to quit playing TSO.
    How the GQ system is supposed to work, is something very needed to be cleared.

Also I do still think the waiting-mechanism for GQ is the biggest bummer here.
    At the moment, all players having a waiting GQ will get it activated, even if they are inactivated till then.
    Better make waiting GQ just a "Sneak Peak" and then (maybe all and) only active players, at that moment, gets it activated.
    That way, semi-inactive players won't have any GQ, unless they become more active and log in several days in a row (or they will only get a GQ when active).
    Last edited by SmurfAsH; 04.10.14 at 00:46.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Actually it's 80% of active members, not 80% of guild members.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yes, I know.. "only 80%, of members given" (a GQ).
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Reply to Thread