Reply to Thread

Thread: Trouble-Seeker Upgrade Not Working?!

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland

Trouble-Seeker Upgrade Not Working?!

Hello everyone,

I have two fast explorers. One is fully upgraded with 30% chance of finding double loot per search, the other currently upgraded to 20% chance of finding double loot per search.

I got double loot 2 or 3 times (some map frags and an adv once and then double map frags the other two times, if memory serves...). This was more than 12 days ago. And I am sending the fast explorers daily (on long searches).

I know that it is in fact possible that a long string of such occurrences to happen but... the chances for this happening day in, day out do decrease at each iteration.

For this reason I have now started keeping tabs on my explorers so I can then calculate some probabilities in a few days and present them here as evidence to what I am stating.

Honestly I am smelling a bug here - maybe an unforeseen problem with the algorythm used to calculate the loot drop?

Anyway, please post here if you are experiencing a similar problem - or the opposite!

Thanks!
    nim.
    Last edited by Nimurian; 14.11.13 at 13:26. Reason: text corrections/additions

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Same problem here. Sending 3 explorers every 2 days and newer geting 2x adventure (more than 1 month without finding 2x adventure now). All 3 explorers have 30% to find 2x adventure on them. Problem started with last event introduced (halloween event). Before was successfull at least every 5-6 searches.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Its not just linked to trouble seeker either. Since Halloween my results for adv finds and granite from loots has been terrible. Bear in mind I have 14 fast explorers and my average was 5 adv per search. Its now down to 1 or 2. On several occasions they don't find a single adv!

It has been suggested before that adv finds/granite drops seem to be manipulated from unseen forces. A ploy to get u to buy gems? A run of the worse luck ever? Who knows?

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    mutantkid ur just running a bad luck streak, nothing wrong with finding granite.

The troubleseeker definitely is bugged now. I am running 2 fast explorers with 30% trouble seeker daily and no double adv. in the past 15 days. Chances for not finding any extra adventure on 30 searches = 0,7^30 = 0,00225%.

2 explorers with 30% troubleseeker should have just over 50% chance to find at least 1 extra adventure each day!.

Anyone who did find an extra slot (mf or adv.) while searching for adventures?
    Last edited by robber1974; 07.12.13 at 18:59.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    I am pretty sure its broken. If you look when the explorers return, in the mail they send you, it shows you the list of skills they have. Trouble Seeker no longer shows up on the list. Coupled with the fact that I have 3 explorers fully upgraded for this, and send them out daily, and have not seen a double returned in so long I forgot they were supposed to, I am pretty confident it is broken.

So the question is:
    1) When does it get fixed?
    2) Do we get reimbursed for sending out explorers and not getting what we pay for? :P

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    This has been confirmed as "bugged" in a few places, they all say pretty much the same. Here's the post from .net's Trouble Seeker (explorer science tree)

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Rawren
    Hi David-the-Red,

The dev team are aware of this issue and are currently working on a fix. When there is more information, we will post an update.

BB_Rawren
    Be lovely if The Powers That Be could let the local teams know things like this so each one didn't need to go hunting for themselves.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 08.12.13 at 16:02.

Reply to Thread