Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: General State Of Play

World
    Newfoundland
    I salute you Fexno you are a brave man.
    Trying to help and getting blamed for things totally out of your control..
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Rather than create a new thread may as well recycle this one. Couple of new bugs/errors since last nights maintenence

Rather oddly I keep getting quest text form my quest log appearing on my island. Random open quests at random times

I think whoever was in charge of this area of the guild overview was rather engrossed in Match Of The Day

World
    Sandycove
    Cheers, general state of play finally opened. Well, was about the time
    Anyone can say that thing that i'll put here, and here and here and there doesn't belong anywhere but i've been experiencing the same problem since middle of June. Referring to Longbows quest again, sorry Fexno, you're not to blame for anything, keep up the good work...
    Numerous mails were exchanged, numerous posts in forum - for what ? To blame your computer, internet connection, browser, everyone's to blame for clear and obvious problems that arising from this game. My problem is yet unbearable, there are better days, but mostly it's very bad, i observed and can confirm 99.999% that problems come from the server side. Only answer i got so far is that it shouldnt affect my "gaming progress". It does affect my will to even visit the login page ! How to progress with all that issues ?
    Simple - dump this game and get a decent one instead.
    Sadly that this words are coming out of big fan of Settlers from over a decade and a half.
    Settlers 2 (original ver.) beat this messy game for breakfast...

Thumbs up to all folks that are doing the great work ingame and in forums, but something is very wrong with all this, and "we" know who to blame...

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Gytha_Ogg View Post
    Rather than create a new thread may as well recycle this one. Couple of new bugs/errors since last nights maintenence

Rather oddly I keep getting quest text form my quest log appearing on my island. Random open quests at random times
    This has been happening on the Test server lately, seems it wandered over here in the update.

I think whoever was in charge of this area of the guild overview was rather engrossed in Match Of The Day
    It's the "Message Of The Day" bit, the same that heads guild chat. Happily the actual message doesn't show from outside the guild:

Why a window for the in-guild-only MOTD was included in the public view is another question entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Saraptheold View Post
    This list [here] is getting old

It's a good rule in life that if you think there is something seriously wrong with everybody else, it's probably you that there's something wrong with

Please turn of the repeat button and play a new song. It's time to face the facts. TSO is seriously bugged.
    TSO is buggy, no doubt about that at all, but it's still wise to check the boot/trunk of your car for loose bottles when it starts making strange *whomp* noises before taking it in to be dismantled.

The things on the list won't fix everything (clearly) but they often fix a number of things, when they don't they do help rule out simpler problems and not everyone is familiar with all of them. That said, it would be nice if the Dev Powers That Be were more forthcoming with both humbler levels of [coloured text] and with players, somewhere in the Upper Levels a record is indeed skipping.

[Edit] Okay, okay, I know it's another template and that it was just much easier to leave the MOTD window and block the message, I'm still just a little peevish the member info was removed from public view.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 29.11.13 at 12:20.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Yep.... me too. Server issues, lag, bugs galore (can't get into the game atm as it keeps crashing). If more people actually bothered to use the forums (a minority do), then you'd have considerably more complaints. The problem is categorically NOT with EVERYBODY else. The problem is with BB and it's obvious inability to handle the game. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Take the game offline for a week. Go through the coding with a fine toothcomb and sort the bugs/issues out once and for all. At least then you'd have a 'clean sheet' from which to work .... until the very first update of course which would then re-introduce all the errors. These issues NEED sorting or people will just give up (and I've seen a lot of people leave recently).

World
    Sandycove
    Hiya folks,
    after my recent post, means less than 1 day later, my problem misteriously got solved... No more Quest Complete popups... It just happened and i did nothing. Obviously someone took a peep into the server room
    It seems there is a hope after all, but nothing without numerous tries and loads of coal and steam.

World
    Newfoundland
    this started sometime in the summer
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I tried with my wifes account in another browser and that works fine. Then tried to switch to play my account in IE and my wifes in Chrome and the issue followed the account. So it's account related for me, not browser related. I'm going to send a ticket.

World
    Northisle
    At the risk of jinxing it...

The Xmas event seems to have fixed all the problems I was having. So despite being told it was connectivity issues causing all of the problems the OP listed (which I was having as well - maddening!) it was started after a major maintenance and fixed by introducing the most recent event...

BB - whatever you did/undid with this update, (since I think we both know it's not connectivity issues causing the problem ) leave it undone please! No more having to place buildings or click collectibles or load up gens 3 or 4 times - yippee!!

World
    Northisle
    I take it back, this week's update has brought back the problems. Not quite all of them, but most of them!

Reply to Thread