Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: No adventures in Guild Quests!

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle

No adventures in Guild Quests!

Please stop putting adventures or even 2 adventures (!) as the requirement in Guild Quests, particularly for higher level players.

I have had at least 6 GQs in a row now that have required me to do a specific adventure or one or more adventures. That's simply not reasonable. I've had to quit my Guild as a result, because I do not have the time to even do them through loot spots.

The balance is wrong for the number of adv GQs for high level players and it is driving players like me out of our Guilds, because we don't want to let our fellow Guild members down. The number of advs needs to be drastically cut back or eliminated from GQs altogether. I still want to do advs, but I want to do them when I choose to and when I have time to, not when you try to make me!

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    I cannot agree more with this. Most of the people that play this game are working most of the day and have little/no time left for daily adventuring. You should remove adventures from guild quests completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLurker View Post
    I've had to quit my Guild as a result...because we don't want to let our fellow Guild members down.
    /applauds

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    I said this months ago but no-one else seemed to agree at the time.

I see no reason to be in a guild if this is the price I have to pay, most guilds make the guild quest a compulsory requirement. Guild coins can buy so few items anyway. Guild leaders should consider if its better to have a fun, social community instead.
    Last edited by Peajay; 15.11.13 at 15:13.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I think Peajay's suggestion some days ago (Rewards should be based on difficulty of the quest.) would be a very good change to this.

I've been officer in a large guild and conducting the GQ activity there since summer. I can tell the new guild interface has made my work a lot easier. Still, it's not enough as it lack "overview" and "history", we're using a google.doc for everyone to report their GQ status.
    We don't expect GQ to be done in a day, but we strive to get them done before 3rd is ended. Ofc that's not what allways happens.. Mainly because some members don't care that much about GQ. Guild coins might never be that valuable, but making rewards based on difficulty of the quest would atleast make some difference...hopefully enough to get more than 80% of guild's members to put some more effort to do their GQ.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    I fully agree the GQ are a killer, especially higher levels. It's an utter pain when it keeps coming up do Nords or Black Knights. The 2 adventures isn't that bad as you can often run a couple of lost skulls quickly but still for such a small reward for the effort required it is tiresome. I gave up on my last guild as I just got to the point of no longer wanting to try find lootspots or spend gems to auto-complete but didn't want to let the other guildies down. It should even be optional, if you could 'tag' that you don't want to take part in a GQ and that you don't get loot but others aren't waiting on you that would be a nice addition.

In it's current form the GQ are run just for the sake of it for most people, there's nothing worth buying to justify the cost and effort required. Most people probably just stockpile the coins in the hope of something useful appearing, it's a completely pointless exercise.

World
    Northisle
    The only reason BB has put so many adventures in the guild quests is to make us use or gems too complete them and then hopefully we will buy more to make BB rich

World
    Newfoundland
    Perhaps GQs could give a choice between low-difficulty quest (selling or owning or producing or collecting - for low rewards) and high difficulty quests (like doing an adv - for higher rewards).

I'm not yet on that level but I'm dreading it already because my capacity for adventures is about one per week.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Any half decent Guild leader would realise the difficulties with this issue, and would not insist on GQ being compulsory. As long as the number of the quota is reached, then not doing a GQ should not carry any penalty. There are ways around everything, if you look hard enough and think well enough.

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Worst thing is, for lv46+ it's often terrible stuff like Black Knights, Nords or even 2 Adventures, which means either shelling out a fair bunch on a lootspot or preparing for a fairly resource-consuming adventure (Nords = 1.3k coins, BK = 800r + ) which really isn't fun for the working population.

I felt very irritated that our guild cancelled stuff like "Do a random adventure" for the low levels because it was too tedious, making me end up with the above-mentioned GQ's, which left me at a terrible completion ratio on weekdays.

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by FishSmell View Post
    I'm not yet on that level but I'm dreading it already because my capacity for adventures is about one per week.
    Don't worry, your capacity gets higher - but GQ's would force me to do about 8 adventures per week if there were no cancels. High levels may need to do more than one adventure for GQ.

Terrible for those of us who actually have a Real Life.

Reply to Thread