Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: No adventures in Guild Quests!

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Standard operating procedure in our guild is if you need to do multiple adventures the GQ gets cancelled.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    I really don't know how many times we have to keep telling BB this, such a massive flaw and still unaddressed.
    This system, more than anything else, has ripped the heart out of the guild system, multiple guilds have torn themselves apart because of it. I know you can't please all of the people all of the time, but this proves you can p them all off.
    You end up with a spectrum of players, at one end are those with huge, ramped-up economies and loads of time to devote to the game. At the other, casual part-time players, content to just get by. And every variation in between.
    One lot expect everyone else to run to their plan, either force everyone to do these regardless, or on the other extreme, cancel the damn things. Those in between get it from both sides, but the rewards really are not worth the aggro.
    The sheer stupidity of the same repetitive quests over and over again, making some advs so scarce that people desperate will pay any price for a copy. Seriously, when people are willing to pay over 600gc for an Isle of Pirates, something is clearly very unbalanced here.
    We were promised that 200 new quests had been added, yet sadly it seems that 199 of them were "do Pirates", and the other was "experience 2 new advs".
    Players should NOT be forced into this style of play, especially when you add in all the other quest demands (dailies, main etc...), you end up with a farcical situation of having to do Pirates, Sons of the Veld, an Epic, and woe betide these coinciding with an Event, or you could also be chasing Croaker or preventing the End of the World.
    Not to mention people have holidays, computer or internet problems, and real lives to contend with.
    For pity's sake hear us, and get rid of this curse.

Oh, and a Merry Christmas to all (assuming your not trying to catch up 4 quest advs!).
    Last edited by Nogbad; 24.12.13 at 21:35.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    ATM i am ordered to
    - complete 3 epic adventures
    - complete SotV losing less than 300rec, Roaring bull losing less than 50 ES
    - complete 2 followup adv
    - for GQ did BK and donated 40carriages (3rd time in a row)
    - next GQ is to do BK and donate 40carriages
    - Daily is to do Outlaws

RU out of your mind?
    Last edited by Dannykorpyk; 26.12.13 at 07:25.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Rather similar to you Danny.
    Was rather hoping for a nice quiet Xmas, fitting in a couple of Croaker advs on the way, instead this madness.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    now nords, followed with black knight again, what i it going to be next? tailors? invasion?

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Can the people in this thread please post some information regarding guild size, active membership etc because I think its relevant, not seeing these sorts of guild quests but then again we are quite small.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    Can the people in this thread please post some information regarding guild size, active membership etc because I think its relevant, not seeing these sorts of guild quests but then again we are quite small.
    Regarding which guild quests you can get, most information can be found here: http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...e-Guild-Quests

World
    Northisle
    +1

For guilds with more then 45 players , 6 guild quests out of 7 are to complete 1 or 2 adventure ( in 7 days) ,added to this is the requirement to pay resources ( carriages , cannons) which are expensive.
    As more players reach higher levels, is rather impossible to cancel the guild quest every day , even to opt out, individually.
    Very restrictive and stressful game play and i agree with what Nogbad has written.
    Yes we could buy lootspots , but this is expensive as well and it is not always possible.
    Would prefer to pay/ donate the resources and to have quests :" have your explorer do a medium search" " find another stone mine on your island" , create buffs or buff at least 10 of your guilds mates islands
    Last edited by ramurele; 18.01.14 at 02:07.

World
    Northisle
    Please remove ALL THE ADVENTURE GUILD QUESTS i am pretty sick of doing 2advs and paying 40 carriages this needs changed NOW!
    Intelligentsia Is recruiting Mail me in game for more info

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    I agree to all posted above by my peers, the current system of Guild Quest's is totally flawed.
    The % of achieving a successful adventure search is way lower than the demand from the quests. Yes we can skill to get better % map frags, but for tomorrow i need a nords to complete, like 30% of my guildmates also. But, can we buy this for map frags?........No. This is packaged as a free game, with the OPTION to purchase ingame currency, dont get me wrong i purchased starter packs and a few gems my first year here, but to help me improve my isle, not to complete a daily quest. Something needs to be addressed here and soon

Reply to Thread