Reply to Thread

Thread: Sons of the Little Tailor - what did I do wrong?

Nifty
    World
    Northisle

Sons of the Little Tailor - what did I do wrong?

First of all this is not a moan or rant I appreciate greatly the guides created by others I would not have a clue how to go about it.
    Secondly, I could not seem to navigate to post this where Evil_J might see it
    Thirdly I so hope that someone much cleverer than I am sees this post I am lost at sea with no rudder
    Am doing Sons of the little tailor using Evil_j guide for major

All working perfectly until block on camp 16 and attack on leader 6. Block failed during victory countdown

Block fight was lost in 5 rounds screenshot http://prntscr.com/24hzbn
    wave 1 on leader took 2 rounds
    wave 2 was victory in 4 rounds screenshot http://prntscr.com/24hyql

Should this have still worked ...can anyone suggest what i may have done wrong sent generals as quick as I could
    position screen shot http://prntscr.com/24i5ri

Thank you for reading if you got this far ;-)

World
    Sandycove
    What i have worked out is that evil j must base his blocks on the average rounds they take not the minimum as i too have had blocks fail due to timings being off even though all the blocks i sent were instantly after each other in the right order etc.
    http://prntscr.com/24ik5f
    that is the rounds it can fail in 4 rounds average is 5.07 rounds and max is 8 rounds (which we all hope it would be) if it went on for the 8 then your block would have worked no problem, sometimes the blocks end sooner than we hope to, i guess that's just the risk you take doing blocks but it does suck as you lost the 183 elites and 17 cannoneers.
    edit
    http://prntscr.com/24ikzq as you can see there is various ways to block the camp but they are all 5-8 rounds max also just some of the numbers after the . are different so have slightly longer average rounds
    I use same set up in my guide except i made the other bad one that kept failing on me a longer/safer block along with some others that i changed also

Quote Originally Posted by lulu10093 View Post
    You can zoom in on maps Just click the picture then when link open click on it again

Sons Little Tailor with blocks
    Last edited by lulu10093; 16.11.13 at 13:12.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Thank you for your reply lulu ...most helpful

World
    Sandycove
    no problem

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    that block just has a slight chance to fail. in this way.

you did nothing wrong, I use the same block setting. couldn't find a better solution and if this happens 1 out of 50 times it should still be worth it.

win on 4 and loss on 5 both aren't long enough to kill the leader in this block. the rest last 20sec longer and that's plenty of time.
    chances at win on 4 is: 19:22=0.86% and chance for loss at round 5 is 23/22=1.045% (total less then 2% so 1 out of 50 runs)
    alternative is to kill it or send in 70+ rec in as wave one, but this puts the other block at risk.

so yeah was either 50 times killing the camp or 1 time loosing the block. this is why I thought the block was worth it.
    glad to see I'm not the only one that uses this setup in his guide ) assuming evil-jay saw it also. I did and called it a necessary risk. and knowing it is there isn't fun, better to have em play 50 times with a bliss ignorance in my opinion. to bad you found out it can happen

I still use it even knowing it, and still like sons. I just can't watch this one block cuz I know it can happen
    Last edited by NightEye; 19.11.13 at 19:33.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Great info. I like guides that give you an indication if a block is tight (so timings have to be even more careful than usual) or there is a small risk as in this case which is just down to small probabilities).

Reply to Thread