Reply to Thread

Thread: A few new issues I've encoutered since last maintenance (14/11/2013)

World
    Newfoundland

A few new issues I've encoutered since last maintenance (14/11/2013)

- When I've cleared cache and cookies, it takes a while for entering the game, and after entering, the graphics are slow for showing up on the land.
    - I've encountered a few times that, when I've asked something in guildroom or in traderoom, no-one is responding, but when I've refreshed the game, I suddenly get answers on my questions.
    - Settlers are sometimes running over the land at high speed.
    - After finishing an an adventure, I don't allways get the "Return home" screen. When I return home by clicking on the arrow next to the peoples in the lists, the tab for the adventure remains until I click on it, and get the message that it was not possible to enter, because the adv has expired.
    - I've noticed in the games Traitors and The Pirates, that generals are sometimes stepping backwards, other times they run faster. They also keep on fighting, but after switching between land and adventure, they're back in their camps.
    - Whisper tab is flickering again, even when nobody has whispered me...
    - Sometimes, when I've made something in Mayor House, and it's ready, I don't get the message saying it is. And when I pick things up from Mayor, I have to close that window, and re-open it again for making something else.
    - Sometimes, when I click on a collectible, I get 2 times the same message, saying that it's been added to the collection.
    - Sometimes, when someone invite me for an adventure, and I've accepted the invitation, the adventure is not showing up until I've refreshed the whole game.
    - Sometimes, in an adventure, when I want to move a general, I click on the place where he has to go, but he won't start moving. I've to enter the garison a second time, and give the order again for replacement.

This is it for now, when I encounter more problems, I will report them here.
    Further information: I'm using Chrome as browser, and I have allways latest version of browser and flash.
    As for this moment, I'm having premium account, but some of my guildmembers are having the same issues, and they don't have premium account.

- Guildquest: 2nd time to do "Island of the Pirates" (day before yesterday, and today), and all lvls have same guildquest!
    Last edited by Cheetahke; 19.11.13 at 18:58. Reason: More issues

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Are you running the latest version of your browser and flash ?
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Are you running the latest version of your browser and flash ?
    Yes, I am

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheetahke View Post
    - When I've cleared cache and cookies, it takes a while for entering the game, and after entering, the graphics are slow for showing up on the land.
    This is normal and expected after you clear the cache. Since game doesn't have anything cached, it will take longer to load since everything needs to be downloaded again.

The initial load downloads only stuff that is needed to start the game, the rest (graphics for buildings, decorations, etc) is downloaded in the background, and shows up as they come.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Lopdo View Post
    This is normal and expected after you clear the cache. Since game doesn't have anything cached, it will take longer to load since everything needs to be downloaded again.

The initial load downloads only stuff that is needed to start the game, the rest (graphics for buildings, decorations, etc) is downloaded in the background, and shows up as they come.
    I know all this, but it was never that slow as last few days since maintenance of last thursday.

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    Sounds to me like most of these are related to a lag between your game and the server - might be worth checking your connection speed/wifi. As for the whisper thing, that's a long standing bug that happens when someone whispers you when you're offline. typing /w w w fixes it.

World
    Newfoundland
    @ Jim_B: If it's lag between my game and the server, why does other people in my guild have some of those same issues?
    I've tested the speed and got those results: DL-speed: 143,38 Mbps - UL-speed: 5,65 Mbps - Latency: 5 ms
    Last edited by Cheetahke; 18.11.13 at 18:16.

Reply to Thread