Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Christmas Event 2013

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    Well, I'm glad the limit on Recycling Manufactories has been raised to 2 per person.
    Not so glad that the limit on Deerstalkers has been dropped to 2. Hopefully will be able to get some extra ones through trade or guildies though.

Not overly enthused by the adventures; the loot versus losses make them undesirable. Not really worth paying for any with gems or presents. Maybe they will make random free-copy appearances in the Xmas quests, like Save the Xmas Feast does.

Already scheduled all my explorers to be doing treasure searches for the entire duration. Hoping to get enough presents through those, collectible crafting, trading and the main/daily quests.

It would have been nice to have a few standard adventures with presents as possible loot, like the ones that had pumpkins.
    "Your general was a tortoise!" ... "He will now amble back to his garrison as slow as his short reptilian legs will manage"

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Hi i was wondering how the advent calender was going to work, as the event doesn't start till the 12th and we all no you start opening calenders on the 1st.? Maybe someone knows something i have missed?

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by jenjen37 View Post
    Hi i was wondering how the advent calender was going to work, as the event doesn't start till the 12th and we all no you start opening calenders on the 1st.? Maybe someone knows something i have missed?
    Whilst it takes the form of an Christmas Advent calendar its not one specific in that sense. It just runs the length of the event with windows to open each day which gives you pressies ( look on it as a daily log in bonus )

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Thank you Larili for getting back to me, at last that now makes sense :-)

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by sk3l370n View Post
    i was told in help chat that Re-adjusted "Arctic iron mine" mentioned in first diary will go back to the star after depleted. this is not the case in final version? what was readjusted about the mine?
    Arctic Iron Mines have never reverted back to Star after being demolished or depleted.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland

New info

There is an updated Dev Diary on the Xmas Event, plus a new announcement about the return of the "Limited Offers" in the shop.
    Worth a read.

Update:
    This is NOT feedback!
    This was originally posted in the correct "General" section to draw attention to two News items which were not highlighted on the homepage.
    One of these is NOT about Xmas.
    Please return it to the correct place.
    Last edited by Nogbad; 27.11.13 at 20:30.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    I would like to see a new Explorer (new avatar) that is a Santa or an Elf or a Santa Helper. Similar to the easter event where we have a unique looking explorer. This one could bring back extra presents! Or coal in the extra slot.

Would be a fun addition to the things to get for the event. I would spend gems to buy one of these explorers and skill him up to bring back some good artifacts. :-)

World
    Sandycove
    I have a couple of questions with regard to the advent Calendar for BB.
    Some of us will be away from our computer access over the Christmas period. Does logging in to home page only ( via smart phone say ) count towards daily log in for opening the Calendar windows, or do you have to get into the game itself?
    And related to that, does opening any of the windows with gems disqualify you from the 24th window ? ( presently gold tower on test )

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    You have to get into the game itself to open the windows in the calendar. If you are eager and otherwise can't get onto a computer, there are some browser apps that you can run on an android or iDevice such as Puffin browser. Not quite the same as logging in from your computer, but would do the trick.

It hasn't been stated, but there's no real reason to think that using gems on windows would disqualify you from the final gift.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrade View Post
    You have to get into the game itself to open the windows in the calendar. If you are eager and otherwise can't get onto a computer, there are some browser apps that you can run on an android or iDevice such as Puffin browser. Not quite the same as logging in from your computer, but would do the trick.

It hasn't been stated, but there's no real reason to think that using gems on windows would disqualify you from the final gift.
    Thank you Thrade. What I was really asking was if you log in to homepage does this `qualify' you to open the window for free, without actually opening it, and do you `have' to open the window on the day or could it be left to open on the second, third...tenth day if you have logged in but not actually played. ( I'm running a test on test today ( islands going to be a mess tomorrow ) to get a rough idea ) I was thinking on the same lines with the second part of my question. But I thought I would ask BB, so nothing was left to `mis-translation'

Reply to Thread