Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Christmas Event 2013

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    I dont get it.... Recieved 2 of these "Christmas Feast" buffs today saying "Use on Mayor's house to increase output sixfold for 2 hours"..
    Well, what can a Mayor's house produce other than eg Presents under the "Collections" tab so I buffed it and started the "Basket of presents" that normally gives 10 presents.
    Buffed should after my calculations give 10 * 6 but no.. I just got the normal 10 ?.
    If it not buff the production there what in earth's name does it so buff ?

World
    Sandycove
    Just like a love potion, this will increase the amount of settlers you get. However instead of doubling the amoutn of settlers you get the output is increased sixfold. Normally you get 1 settler per 15 minutes, with the buff active you will get 6 settlers per 15 minutes, so 1 per 2.5 minutes

Norway - Birthland of giants......and trolls.
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Fexno View Post
    Just like a love potion, this will increase the amount of settlers you get. However instead of doubling the amoutn of settlers you get the output is increased sixfold. Normally you get 1 settler per 15 minutes, with the buff active you will get 6 settlers per 15 minutes, so 1 per 2.5 minutes
    That being said. Settlers no longer is the only thing produced in the mayor's house, so it might be time to update the description of love potion and similar buffs to avoid confusion.

World
    Newfoundland
    Cool event.

Got everything I needed a few days ago and am opening doors for the final reward. Nice high explorer drop rate on the presents means I've been able to trade a lot of them out for other consumables. Would have been nice to get a few adventures to do but if I really wanted to I could buy them I suppose, the addition of the provision house has changed my adventuring quite a bit... So, I'm busy anyway.

Two thumbs up.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Excellent event. Presents can be found in abundance and for a little work sending out the explorers and finding the collectibles all players should be able to find enough to get at least 1 thing that they want.

This may well be the first event I haven't felt the need to dip into my ever dwindling gem stockpile.

Can't wait to get my Gold Tower unlocked and built. Going to be hard finding the time to log in Christmas day but am hopeful I will do it even if it is only for 5 minutes.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Saraptheold View Post
    it might be time to update the description of love potion and similar buffs to avoid confusion.
    I agree

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Credit where credit is due, I have thoroughly enjoyed the Christmas event. The rewards are generous and there is plenty to keep me busy. A success I would say

World
    Sandycove
    Yeah, unfortunately the Christmas Feast buff only increases what the Mayor's House normally makes; it doesn't buff items created from Collections (or at least not Presents)...

Sadly the buff doesn't actually list this, so you can end up wasting use of it if your settler's limit is at maximum.
    Facebook ID: 1260394561
    Tiletron (Sandycove 3) | Hyncharas (Welt 1)

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    HI, Ive completed both "The Stolen Sleigh" and "Save the Christmas Feast" adventures. I did NOT receive 1 present in either of the loot. Has this happened to anyone else? Is this normal? Will their be a reward for it at somepoint? I'd advise anyone not to do The Stolen Sleigh as you'll only get 15k XP and some 200 granite and some other assorted stuff (nothing useful) and it's quite costly in terms of troops.

Any help on this would be great.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    It's a chance of loot, some will get lots, some will get none.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Reply to Thread