Reply to Thread

Thread: Fairy Tale Castle Bug

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove

Fairy Tale Castle Bug

Either it's bugged or it contains elves that can process beans when the castle is sleeping.

If you have no beans in storage and then add them from your star menu, the castle immediately processes 25 beans and makes 5 stalks even if it is sleeping. Very annoying.

If you want to trade beans AND maximise stalk production with 4x buffs, you must have a buff active on your castle before accepting trades. I don't know if this is unique to the castle, but with such high value resources involved it's the first time I've noticed it (or cared that much)

Support reimbursed me my beans once, but I don't think they believed the bug was there.

They also said they had never heard of it before, but I know others in my guild have noticed the same and sent bug reports too.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I've seen pumpkin fields and cannon forge also producing even when being in sleep. I guess it's about failing server/client calls.. Just like geologists sometimes fails to find anything (but they clearly should).

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    Not so sure - it doesn't produce constantly while sleeping, just one cycles worth is processed immediately

World
    Newfoundland
    Are you certain it actually provides you with the stalks?

All workyards work while sleeping, right up until they're ready to finish their cycle. Then they stop until you activate them. This means that as long as you buff before you hit the "play" button, no resources will be wasted.
    EVO is recruiting.
    Players of all levels and experiences welcome. We like to teach.
    Take a look at our recruitment thread, or send me a PM if you're interested.
    Join the evolution today!

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by EctoRune View Post

It did it to me i was doing a FT loot spot i had 1 bean in storage and 0 stalks when i added the beans from loot to my storage i was 25 beans missing and 5 stalks were there. and my castle been constantly asleep for ages

World
    Newfoundland
    lol maybe i should write to support also for the 5+ times it has happened

since its highly unlikely anyone will bother to do something about it the way to avoid it is to sleep the castle when the beans have run out but before the 10 minute part of the cycle is finished
    Last edited by sk3l370n; 25.11.13 at 14:42.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by EctoRune View Post
    Absolutely certain. 25 beans get taken away and 5 stalks appear. It is not a case of the cycle working up to the completion point. The resources actually get processed while the workyard is asleep.
    Last edited by Jim_B; 25.11.13 at 14:55.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_B View Post
    They also said they had never heard of it before, but I know others in my guild have noticed the same and sent bug reports too.
    On 6 September I was told by support that the devs were aware of the issue but that no more information was available. I'm assuming your response came after this, in which case support or the dev team are clearly either incompetent or just lying! Perhaps if everyone that experienced any 'known issue' such as this logged a support ticket demanding compensation each time they were affected, it could encourage better communication! ... I won't be holding my breath though!

Reply to Thread