Reply to Thread

Thread: In-game guild applications

World
    Northisle

Guild "Apply" Button

I don't recall when this came into effect, but I think it is being used far too carelessly. Guildless players are spamming the Apply button of lots of guilds simultaneously in the hope that one is desperate enough for members that they will take them on without knowing anything about them.

Before, people applied by mail to introduce themselves and give the guild leader some idea if they would fit in to their guild. The better applications would come from those who have looked at the guild description and/or the recruitment threads on the forum and so would already know if they would suit the requirements of a particular guild.

I think that there should be a cooldown between applications- either until the application is denied or after 24 hours (or maybe less). Perhaps then players will give greater consideration to who they apply to and guild leaders won't be bombarded with pointless spam applications that takes them away from their game and their guild to deal with them.

World
    Newfoundland

In-game guild applications

Please, please, please can guild leaders have a button - 'accepting/not accepting guild applications'? Please?

Despite the fact that the first line of our guild description reads 'EVO are NOT accepting applications' I am getting five or six requests to join every day. As there is no way to add text to the 'decline' message I have to mail each applicant with the reason why... time consuming, even with copy/paste.

Where did this idea come from? I can't remember it being asked for.

Even if we were recruiting I'd prefer people to go to the recruitment thread, read up on the available guilds, and make an informed choice about which one they think they'd fit into. At the moment it seems people are starting to play, seeing an 'apply to guild' button, and hitting it - with no idea yet if they like the game and will continue playing.

Get rid of it, please? Or at least give me the button described above.
    EVO is recruiting.
    Players of all levels and experiences welcome. We like to teach.
    Take a look at our recruitment thread, or send me a PM if you're interested.
    Join the evolution today!

World
    Newfoundland
    Hadn't seen this, and posted in the 'suggestions' thread:

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...d-applications

I wasn't aware people could apply to more than one guild simultaneously... what is the reasoning behind that, I wonder?

[ Threads merged: "same topic" ]
    [ Thread moved to Game Suggestions ]
    Last edited by Fexno; 04.12.13 at 11:27.
    EVO is recruiting.
    Players of all levels and experiences welcome. We like to teach.
    Take a look at our recruitment thread, or send me a PM if you're interested.
    Join the evolution today!

Reply to Thread